United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2022, 10:33 AM
Drexl

The things I'd do for 200k a week and these comedians cannot even be arsed to run.

Pah!

Unread 11-02-2022, 10:43 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzle
“too much emphasis on organisation and shape” apparently

Maybe that’s because you are all utterly lacking in those departments, you shower of bastards - suck it up

I wouldn’t mind if any of them had the slightest clue what they were doing the majority of the time, and they’ve got the gall to claim they know better than the manager

Unread 11-02-2022, 10:45 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
The things I'd do for 200k a week and these comedians cannot even be arsed to run.

Pah!
This needs a thread of its own nqat.

Unread 11-02-2022, 10:49 AM
redhegemony

Yeah a guy who has been in the forefront of rethinking the game and integrating new practices is old fashioned...

If this speeds up the exit of some of the frauds it's a positive.

Unread 11-02-2022, 10:50 AM
Hyman_Roth

Amazed the MLS coaches aren’t going down well with this lot. Huge huge shock. Larrydavidgif.

I’m struggling to think of any other prem team who would respond positively to a loads of garbage american coaches who have no standing in the game whatsoever.

Obvs the players can get to £#%&! but so can the club for thinking this was a good idea even if it’s only temporary.

It was obvious from the time all the appointments were made, including Ralph, that we’d be simply treading water this season whilst coming close to drowning a few times.

Sparky***

Well i'm shocked at this. Bringing in a blunt, frank-speaking German bloke who's not managed in a decade to oversee this bunch of spoiled children.

We should probably just do away with the idea of a manager or coach and just let the players manage themselves. Let them turn up for training, if they feel like it of course, play whatever way they like for as long as they like and then let them pop back home to their mansions.

On matchdays instead of team meetings and pre match meals they could have an hour's TikToking and maybe rehearse whatever dance moves they're going to do, should they score a goal. Then, before kick off, instead of a pre match warm up they could just spend 20 mins or so pre loading all that evenings apology tweets so they're ready to go out the minute the final whistle goes.

Someone forward this onto big Richie Arnold, I think it could be a goer.

razzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I wouldn’t mind if any of them had the slightest clue what they were doing the majority of the time, and they’ve got the gall to claim they know better than the manager
£#%&! them, can’t abide any of them. One or two exceptions

Unread 11-02-2022, 10:54 AM
Ethers

I know it’s easy with this bunch to assume they’re in the wrong about absolutely everything, but if you look at the specifics of what they’re saying it certainly aligns with what is being seen on the pitch.

There’s complaints that there’s an emphasis on 11 v 11 games, rather than skill-specific drills to hone sharpness. And all of a sudden we can’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo.

Unread 11-02-2022, 10:57 AM
dunk

I agree Ethers, but it’s clear they lack the nous to do their jobs on the pitch, and learning shape and responsibility is the first step, once that’s ingrained they can move on to the more free form/attacking aspects. It’s all very reminiscent of LvG and the complaints he faced tbh.

redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Amazed the MLS coaches aren’t going down well with this lot. Huge huge shock. Larrydavidgif.

I’m struggling to think of any other prem team who would respond positively to a loads of garbage american coaches who have no standing in the game whatsoever.

Obvs the players can get to £#%&! but so can the club for thinking this was a good idea even if it’s only temporary.

It was obvious from the time all the appointments were made, including Ralph, that we’d be simply treading water this season whilst coming close to drowning a few times.
The coaches in this system have a very particular brief which is to deliver exactly what the manager wants. They aren't working independently so it doesn't much matter they haven't coached here. I'd rather some young enthusiastic knowledgeable coaches than Premier League veterans.

Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I know it’s easy with this bunch to assume they’re in the wrong about absolutely everything, but if you look at the specifics of what they’re saying it certainly aligns with what is being seen on the pitch.

There’s complaints that there’s an emphasis on 11 v 11 games, rather than skill-specific drills to hone sharpness. And all of a sudden we can’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo.
Get what you are saying, and it's a good point, but the emphasis on 11 v 11 (I'd imagine) is because these clowns don't know how to play as a team. Now it seems they have been asked to breathe and chew at the same time, and they can not

windy waffles

Quote:
Sources told ESPN that some players on the training ground have jokingly likened Armas to fictional soccer coach Ted Lasso, the hapless American parachuted in to manage fictional side AFC Richmond in the hit Apple+ comedy show.

Unread 11-02-2022, 11:01 AM
armchair

They have the misguided belief that there is some miracle fix that replaces hard work.

Unread 11-02-2022, 11:02 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

My guess would be that they've had to go back to basics on the training pitch given how £#%&!ing atrocious we've been for practically every single game this season. It's probably hard to allot time to specific drills when you're having to try and coach a team not to play like a disorganised rabble and give the opposition umpteen chances to score every game.

That was the main problem and i'm guessing that's what the manager is trying to do. It's a bit pointless getting them to work on finishing and free kicks if they can't even maintain a basic team-shape or know where to be at stages of the game - something which we saw time and again under Ole.

Unread 11-02-2022, 11:05 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
The coaches in this system have a very particular brief which is to deliver exactly what the manager wants. They aren't working independently so it doesn't much matter they haven't coached here. I'd rather some young enthusiastic knowledgeable coaches than Premier League veterans.
May come as a shock pal and unless I’ve really got this wrong, you don’t play for united. Not sure the manager and coaches have to impress you.

But I’m pretty confident it does matter to the players, even if it shouldn’t, that Ralph is a temporary semi retired German guy previously managing a nothing team who has employed loads of temporary nothing coaches (because that’s all that was available to him).

I’m not arsed tbh. The more uncomfortable this is for the players the better. I want us to go down. It would be way more exciting and would hopefully ensure things change.

As it is, fat cheeks will come in in the summer and it will be beige forever.

Unread 11-02-2022, 11:16 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I agree Ethers, but it’s clear they lack the nous to do their jobs on the pitch, and learning shape and responsibility is the first step, once that’s ingrained they can move on to the more free form/attacking aspects. It’s all very reminiscent of LvG and the complaints he faced tbh.
That’s a fair point, and the priority absolutely should be the team shape and organisation. Just feels like they may have got the balance slightly wrong at the moment.

Unread 11-02-2022, 11:16 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
That’s a fair point, and the priority absolutely should be the team shape and organisation. Just feels like they may have got the balance slightly wrong at the moment.
Given the stage of the season he took over, it's understandable. No time for training, just games, games and games.

Unread 11-02-2022, 11:18 AM
shenwen

Quote:
He’s nearly had 3 months with them tbf. If it’s true that he’s basically just playing 11 v 11 games in training, and that yank gimp is running round adding nothing of value at all, then I’m not surprised a few players are raising their eyebrows.

Fitness levels look like they’ve gone backwards if anything tbf
It's probably not though is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Given the stage of the season he took over, it's understandable. No time for training, just games, games and games.
Exactly. What with the overcrowded fixture list, covid, players going to Dubai/South America, I'm not sure what is expected. He's having to make the best of a bad situation and I'd back him any day against the pile of @#%&!s that get paid a fortune to have to suffer the extreme hardship of being trained by an old German and some yank.

Unread 11-02-2022, 11:27 AM
andyroo

Quote:
And he had to take two weeks out when the training ground was shut down. They were very leggy first game back.

It's been pretty chaotic for Ranggers, I don't think he's had a fair crack to judge him on but that's the nature of this £#%&!ing job, it's relentless.

Unread 11-02-2022, 11:27 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Well, not really. If that was the case you’d expect more technique specific drills rather than competitive practice games?
Closed Thread