United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:14 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
are you ole out again now? i thought you said a few weeks ago you were backing him?
Was a few months back to be honest but, yes, I'm Ole out again like many others on here. The results this season have been largely shambolic.

Poch is available, we will get him in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Well, none of us know of course and I wouldn’t exactly be stunned if I woke up tomorrow and he’d gone, but it would still be unprecedented for us to sack someone this early. As many managers as we’ve gone through, we have left it longer than most expected on each of them.

Rightly or wrongly, I think they’ll see the CL group as relatively healthy and the league as retrievable.

And we’ve shown we are Jekyll and Hyde enough to pull performances out of our arse to pull us back from the brink.
Everton will beat us. He will then be sacked. Poch will be appointed during the international break,

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:17 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
There’s some good young players, he’s got rid of a lot of the deadwood and there isn’t the ‘burn the house down’ feeling there was when Jose left.

Even in these shit moments, we can admit there’s some talent in this squad. More than when he joined.

A few months ago, most of us were quite happy with the direction we were going. Perhaps someone else can pick that up.
The squad easily has enough quality (technically) to be competing. But they need a much stronger manager, they need better coaching and they need to start being accountable for poor performances. Until that happens, they'll remain a bunch of @#%&!s.

The team is desperate for some true leaders that can push the other players on and dig them out when required. Bruno appears to have a bit of that in him, I'm not sure who else does.

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:17 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Was a few months back to be honest but, yes, I'm Ole out again like many others on here. The results this season have been largely shambolic.

Poch is available, we will get him in...

Everton will beat us. He will then be sacked. Poch will be appointed during the international break,
I’ve got a feeling we won’t lose at Everton.

If we do, then it could turn nasty.

I feel like we’ve been here once already, after that Newcastle loss last season. That felt like the end and then we went on a decent run. This side has shown they can pull performances right out of their arse.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if we turned at Everton, played well, won and we’re all left scratching our heads again.

When is the international break?

That is typically a time to change.

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:20 AM
Lok

We'll beat Everton. They have players missing and are in bad form themselves.

The players seem to love Ole and with the bad publicity after the last result, they'll pull something out the bag.

But it's just delaying the inevitable.

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:41 AM
Medlock

I still have faith in Ole and think it would be a huge backward step to pull the plug at this stage.
I also don't really see the credentials that would make (trophy-less) Poch a worthy candidate. I get you could say the same about Ole in terms of CV (except the trophy-less bit), but what he brings is an understanding of the traditions/operations of the club that should help it make the most of what it already has.
Obviously, if Poch gets the job I will back him and hope like £#%&! he gets us back to winning ways.

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:46 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

The players seem to love Ole and with the bad publicity after the last result, they'll pull something out the bag.

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:48 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
I still have faith in Ole and think it would be a huge backward step to pull the plug at this stage.
I also don't really see the credentials that would make (trophy-less) Poch a worthy candidate. I get you could say the same about Ole in terms of CV (except the trophy-less bit), but what he brings is an understanding of the traditions/operations of the club that should help it make the most of what it already has.
Obviously, if Poch gets the job I will back him and hope like £#%&! he gets us back to winning ways.
Our tradition is winning trophies. We are not winning.

Our tradition is to have a team full of strong leaders. We do not have that.

The English game changed and players need a very strong technical coach.
Fergie realised this when Wenger came along and saw his own flaws so he made sure he always had very strong coaches (Mclaren, Queiroz, Meulensteen).

Maybe Ole could flourish with better coaches. Maybe he'd be better off in some sort of non-managerial role. Either way, whatever we're doing now is not working and almost certainly never will. He's getting by on his name and anyone else wouldn't have lasted this long.

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:49 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

It’s how I see it panning out too

He’ll be here until we’re out of the CL and 4th is mathematically gone imo.

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:49 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I'm losing hope, but still wondering how much the utterly ridiculous end of last season, lack of off/pre-season and stupid start to this season is having a detrimental effect. Bruno has been one of, if not the worst player on the pitch the last 2 games and that just doesn't fit his ability or attitude imo.

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:50 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
He's getting by on his name and anyone else wouldn't have lasted this long.
100% %@#$&!s

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:50 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
It’s how I see it panning out too

He’ll be here until we’re out of the CL and 4th is mathematically gone imo.
That's normally how Ed/Glazers operate.

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:51 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
They won the league in September

barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Our tradition is winning trophies. We are not winning.

Our tradition is to have a team full of strong leaders. We do not have that.

The English game changed and players need a very strong technical coach.
Fergie realised this when Wenger came along and saw his own flaws so he made sure he always had very strong coaches (Mclaren, Queiroz, Meulensteen).

Maybe Ole could flourish with better coaches. Maybe he'd be better off in some sort of non-managerial role. Either way, whatever we're doing now is not working and almost certainly never will. He's getting by on his name and anyone else wouldn't have lasted this long.
tbf he's getting by because he got us to third which arguably is the highest we will ever get for sometime.

That and the fact we are only 6 games in. Unfortunately come xmas / new year the league season will be completely gone which is when he will go.

Act now and the season could be 'saved' ...don't and the new manager comes in playing Europa £#%&!ing league

Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
100% %@#$&!s
We're playing as bad as LvG and Moyes and they certainly didn't get any longer.

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:52 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Poch completely surrendered the league to the mighty Leicester a couple of years back and later took his team to a CL final only to put in one of the most abject performances in the history of the competition.

His cv speaks for itself.

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:53 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Poch completely surrendered the league to the mighty Leicester a couple of years back and later took his team to a CL final only to put in one of the most abject performances in the history of the competition.

He gonna fit right in

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:55 AM
Sapien

Any chance of getting Klopp? Could pitch it as a new challenge?

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:57 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

To be fair he'd already won his final.

£#%&!ing state. It was a semi-final. Rather keep Ole than bring in Poch.

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:58 AM
dunk

Quote:

If we're going to make a change, it should be a proper DoF and a manager of their choosing to fit a proper footballing direction, ideally someone from the new school. It's not going to happen though, as with that comes a need for massive expenditure turning over the squad properly.

Poch will be more of the same.

Unread 05-11-2020, 11:58 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

If you don’t think taking Tottenham £#%&!ing Hotspur to a Champions League final warrants at least a little bit of credit then I really don’t know what to tell you.

Whilst he was in charge Tottenham finished fifth, third, second, fourth. All whilst he was being given virtually nothing to spend as they were building that gigantic billion pound Stadium.

Now I’m not saying he’ll do well as United manager but don’t be disingenuous because what he did at Spurs was actually very good considering
Closed Thread