United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-05-2021, 10:42 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Pal this is waffles-esq. If you want to compare taking over PSG’s squad colored to the rest of that league with the utter dross Ole inherited and what he was up against domestically then you are beyond clueless.
I’m not comparing anything just offering an alternate point of view. I suspect he will win the league next season after a pre season and full season in charge. Others maybe don’t and that’s fine too.

Unread 24-05-2021, 11:09 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I’m not comparing anything just offering an alternate point of view. I suspect he will win the league next season after a pre season and full season in charge. Others maybe don’t and that’s fine too.
Mate, he was riding Secretariat and came second in a donkey derby. What else is left to say?

Unread 24-05-2021, 11:24 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Pal this is waffles-esq. If you want to compare taking over PSG’s squad colored to the rest of that league with the utter dross Ole inherited and what he was up against domestically then you are beyond clueless.
Bit of time eh. Managers these days are really up against it.

Unread 24-05-2021, 11:28 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
It’s an alternative viewpoint that is %@#$&!s. With the resources he had at his disposal he should have won it this year, no excuses.

Quote:
Bit of time eh. Managers these days are really up against it.
Yea PSG managers have really got it tough

Unread 25-05-2021, 12:18 AM
ScarFace

He's actually done really well. They'll struggle to keep hold of him when his contract runs out next season.

Unread 25-05-2021, 12:50 AM
Stickman

Quote:
It’s an alternative viewpoint that is %@#$&!s. With the resources he had at his disposal he should have won it this year, no excuses.

Yea PSG managers have really got it tough
He took them over from a chasing position. Think the level of criticism is unwarranted.

Unread 25-05-2021, 12:59 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
He took them over from a chasing position. Think the level of criticism is unwarranted.
He was a point behind Lille when he took over, 5 months to gain a single point on them and he failed. Just had a look at Lille's squad, two players I've heard of and one of them was Renato Sanches.

Unread 25-05-2021, 10:48 AM
Time For Heroes

I'm sure he'll win the league next year after Lille, Monaco and Lyon lose their best players all over Europe whilst PSG just spend more than the rest of the league put together. What a manager he'll be then eh? That'll show us naysayers.

Unread 25-05-2021, 11:47 AM
Stickman

I don’t get any United fans are so obsessed with putting him down tbh. Seems a decent bloke to me.

Unread 25-05-2021, 11:51 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
He's actually done really well. They'll struggle to keep hold of him when his contract runs out next season.

Unread 25-05-2021, 11:55 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
I don’t get any United fans are so obsessed with putting him down tbh. Seems a decent bloke to me.
I think it’s more you suggesting that he should benefit from the same arguments that we made in support of ole because their situations were similar. Their respective situations were (and remain) radically different.

He’s clearly not a bad manager but I’m not sure he’s materially better than ole has so far proved to be. And arguably now worse given their inability to catch shite like Lille.

Unread 25-05-2021, 11:55 AM
believe

Quote:
Are you related to him or something?

Unread 25-05-2021, 12:43 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I think it’s more you suggesting that he should benefit from the same arguments that we made in support of ole because their situations were similar. Their respective situations were (and remain) radically different.

He’s clearly not a bad manager but I’m not sure he’s materially better than ole has so far proved to be. And arguably now worse given their inability to catch shite like Lille.
He was getting a ripping before I started semi wumming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Are you related to him or something?
Just curious lad, he seems to bring out a lot of emotion from our online fan base. He’s managed Spurs and Southampton. :shrug:

Unread 25-05-2021, 01:07 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
He was getting a ripping before I started semi wumming.

Just curious lad, he seems to bring out a lot of emotion from our online fan base. He’s managed Spurs and Southampton. :shrug:
I think it's from the time when people were slamming Ole for being appointed despite winning nothing but wanting Poch who had won the same at that point.

Unread 25-05-2021, 01:26 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
I think it's from the time when people were slamming Ole for being appointed despite winning nothing but wanting Poch who had won the same at that point.
Don't kid yourself - There were (and still are) bedwetters expressing that opinion earlier this season.

Unread 25-05-2021, 01:30 PM
utd99

Don’t managers get fired for coming second in a one horse race?

Unread 25-05-2021, 06:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
He was a point behind Lille when he took over, 5 months to gain a single point on them and he failed. Just had a look at Lille's squad, two players I've heard of and one of them was Renato Sanches.
Genuinely didn't know this, thought PSG had at least been clearly behind. Totally hilarious in that case

Unread 27-05-2021, 09:33 AM
20LEgend1999

In talks to return to Spurs apparently

Unread 27-05-2021, 09:34 AM
dunk

PSG must be delighted with the work he's doing.

Unread 27-05-2021, 11:20 AM
n48

Cheeky bid?
Closed Thread