United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-08-2020, 02:42 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
Atletico isn't exactly known for their dynamic attacking and goals scoring so not that simple to judge based on his stats

Lemar, Coman...all i'm saying is that if this is going to really get drawn out, there are options where we could get two quality players for that price and improve a couple areas
I honestly don’t think you know what you’re talking about mate. It sounds like you’ve randomly picked names out of thin air and probably haven’t watched either more than twice in the last two years.

I may be wrong though.

Unread 14-08-2020, 08:00 AM
AK14

Can’t shake the feeling that he’ll eventually end up back at City

Maybe not this summer though.

Unread 14-08-2020, 09:23 AM
MUFCOK

If they won't budge on the 100 plus price then use that money and get Upamecano and Sarr. Those two combined have got to be roughly what we'd pay for Sancho.

Then if we still want Sancho go back in for him next summer. Other teams may be sniffing around as well but thats the chance you take if you don't want to pay the asking price this summer.

Unread 14-08-2020, 09:46 AM
Patty_b

This transfer saga is going sour really quickly. I'd love to just throw it at Ronaldo instead. Ultra fit legend with a good few years left in him, and scores goals for fun all around Europe. It'd be nice to have a striker that can score with his head as well.

Look at the difference Zlatan made when he came in for a season, and Ronaldo is still well beyond where he was at the time.

Unread 14-08-2020, 09:56 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
This transfer saga is going sour really quickly. I'd love to just throw it at Ronaldo instead. Ultra fit legend with a good few years left in him, and scores goals for fun all around Europe. It'd be nice to have a striker that can score with his head as well.

Look at the difference Zlatan made when he came in for a season, and Ronaldo is still well beyond where he was at the time.
Yeah I’d be opposed to anyone over the age of 30 normally but hasn’t he been scoring for fun for Juve too? And the lift he would give the rest of the team - the Portuguese connection with Bruno - it’s all coming together.

I miss him lads

Unread 14-08-2020, 10:34 AM
dunk

Big Ron wants to stay at Juve. Seems determined to win the CL with them..

I don't reckon we'll be getting Sancho, Dortmund want to hold on for an auction next summer and he doesn't seem overly arsed. Perfect excuse for our owners to pocket the cash on the pretence of holding it to get into the auction next summer

Could be in for Sarr, Upamecano, any number of midfielders, Havertz etc. will end up with the hugely underwhelming Grealish for a massively overblown price. Linked with Chilwell at £80m today too Going to be a shit window of too few signings and sales..

Unread 14-08-2020, 10:45 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I don't reckon we'll be getting Sancho, Dortmund want to hold on for an auction next summer and he doesn't seem overly arsed. Perfect excuse for our owners to pocket the cash on the pretence of holding it to get into the auction next summer

Could be in for Sarr, Upamecano, any number of midfielders, Havertz etc. will end up with the hugely underwhelming Grealish for a massively overblown price. Linked with Chilwell at £80m today too Going to be a shit window of too few signings and sales..
Chilwell is clearly to push Chelsea along.

Unread 14-08-2020, 10:56 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Chilwell is clearly to push Chelsea along.
I know, still funny. How much do they think Chelsea are spending this summer ffs?

Havertz
Chilwell
Giminez
Rice
Oblak

All asking for £80m+ on top of the signings they've already made

Unread 14-08-2020, 12:53 PM
utd99

Quote:
I know, still funny. How much do they think Chelsea are spending this summer ffs?

Havertz
Chilwell
Giminez
Rice
Oblak

All asking for £80m+ on top of the signings they've already made
I’m surprised Abramovich hasn’t gotten bored by now.

Unread 14-08-2020, 01:12 PM
Cream

Quote:

Arsed about Sancho. He looks decent from the very little I've seen of him, but everyone seems to shine over there.

I would like Upamecano though, wonderful name.

Unread 14-08-2020, 03:01 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I honestly don’t think you know what you’re talking about mate. It sounds like you’ve randomly picked names out of thin air and probably haven’t watched either more than twice in the last two years.

I may be wrong though.
admit i haven't seen much of lemar or atleti this year but i've seen Coman plenty of the past year or so....yes they were just names selected not guys i expect Ole to go after but more so just pointing out that the opportunity is there to get two very good players for the price you'll spend on Sancho

what i don't want to see is a prolonged transfer for sancho where we ultimately end up holding our d*ck in our hand and miss out on everyone and end up signing a fellaini for 30m on the last day of the window

Unread 14-08-2020, 03:16 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’m surprised Abramovich hasn’t gotten bored by now.
He views Chelsea as his son's inheritance.

Daddy robs his country's people blind to the tune of billions, and uses the loot to buy an English football club with a stadium sat on the most valuable real estate in European sport.

Decent work if you can get it. Disgusting family.

Unread 14-08-2020, 03:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
admit i haven't seen much of lemar or atleti this year but i've seen Coman plenty of the past year or so....yes they were just names selected not guys i expect Ole to go after but more so just pointing out that the opportunity is there to get two very good players for the price you'll spend on Sancho

what i don't want to see is a prolonged transfer for sancho where we ultimately end up holding our d*ck in our hand and miss out on everyone and end up signing a fellaini for 30m on the last day of the window
Coman spends 3-4 months of every season injured, or seems to.

Unread 14-08-2020, 03:43 PM
bosskeano

definite valid point on Coman....

i think any alternative player is gonna cost us 40-50m....so if not sancho, who? is the preference a right footed right winger or left footed an invert like we do with Greenwood?

problem there is having a right back that can help offer the width and put crosses in the box that are somewhat effective

Unread 14-08-2020, 03:48 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

i think any alternative player is gonna cost us 40-50m....so if not sancho, who? is the preference a right footed right winger or left footed an invert like we do with Greenwood?

problem there is having a right back that can help offer the width and put crosses in the box that are somewhat effective
What about that Croation lad who was at Internazionale?

Unread 14-08-2020, 04:00 PM
utd99

Quote:

But we can’t buy just any old player simply because the price is right and the Sancho deal is taking too long. The is exactly the con job we’re hoping to pull on another team to take Lingard off our hands, namely England international, winning goal in cup final etc etc. it’s all %@#$&!s because we know he’s rubbish; we can’t fall for the same trick. There’s a reason these players are cheap and don’t play much, same for Dembele at Barcelona.

Unread 14-08-2020, 05:21 PM
bosskeano

Dembele didn't go to Barca cheap and he hasn't played for them b/c he's there version of Saha...the dude is made of glass which is a shame b/c he was brilliant at Dortmund

i certainly don't want us to buy any player b/c that is what got us in the mess right now with the crap that Moyes and LVG bought.

however, if we wait until the last couple weeks of the window and can't get Sancho then we've put ourselves in the exact position we did when Moyes bought Felaini....a panic buy

Unread 14-08-2020, 05:28 PM
browser

Quote:
Dembele didn't go to Barca cheap and he hasn't played for them b/c he's there version of Saha...the dude is made of glass which is a shame b/c he was brilliant at Dortmund

i certainly don't want us to buy any player b/c that is what got us in the mess right now with the crap that Moyes and LVG bought.

however, if we wait until the last couple weeks of the window and can't get Sancho then we've put ourselves in the exact position we did when Moyes bought Felaini....a panic buy
Mate any chance you could have a day or two off b/c you’re giving me a headache

Unread 14-08-2020, 05:30 PM
suedeshoes

We're gonna end up with Grealish on deadline day.

Unread 14-08-2020, 06:10 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
We're gonna end up with Grealish on deadline day.
Just the three months of spilled piss then. Brilliant.
Closed Thread