9th 0 0%
10th 3 5.77%
Other -Please State 0 0%
Spike Island 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 04-12-2021, 05:01 PM
Hyman_Roth

Default 4th December Poll - Ralph Inspired - What Position Will We Finish?

Poll to follow

Unread 04-12-2021, 05:08 PM
Dr Stranger

If we can halfway get our shit together, I think we’ll get 4th. We’re 6 points off with a game in hand despite utterly horrendous form. There’s a big margin for error there.

However, I think he’s got a hell of job balancing the demands of this schedule, tje need for points and trying to impose his style. I think we’ll just fall short.

5th.

Unread 04-12-2021, 05:09 PM
Sparky***

i'm going for 6th or 7th

Unread 04-12-2021, 05:12 PM
NedKelly

O ye of little faith

Unread 04-12-2021, 05:20 PM
no fun

6th

Thursday night shite

Unread 04-12-2021, 06:27 PM
puressence

3rd comfortable

Unread 04-12-2021, 06:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
3rd comfortable
We’re not finishing above any of the top three, you balloon!

Unread 04-12-2021, 07:13 PM
Hyman_Roth

Surprised with the number of 3rds. 4th’s I get to a point but 3rd? Overtaking Chelsea I presume?

Can’t see it whatsoevoh.

Unread 04-12-2021, 07:34 PM
Patty_b

I've gone third. We get a run going in the second half of the season and sneak it at the end

Unread 04-12-2021, 08:19 PM
AK14

Reckon things will get tough tbh

He’ll want them running more and it’ll eventually take its toll imo

But I’m hopeful he’ll set us on the right direction.

Unread 04-12-2021, 08:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Reckon things will get tough tbh

He’ll want them running more and it’ll eventually take its toll imo

But I’m hopeful he’ll set us on the right direction.
The biggest change is going to have to be getting a bunch of players who have been used to playing in 10 min spells during matches to get into a headspace of going hard for 90 mins every game.

You watch Liverpool and City play as an example. Every game they're at it. City might have the odd anomaly of a result but most of the time, whether they're playing in the champions league or they're playing Macclesfield in the cup, they have that same drive and desire to completely run over the opposition. You very rarely see them invite teams onto them or let teams off the hook. They keep going and going until the opposition just cave in. Same to an extent with Liverpool.

You'll see which of this lot are going to adapt to this and which are going to end up failing now. I just don't know how they're going to take to it. I just feel like Ole spent so much time in the last 3 years bringing 'nice lads' into the squad that he forgot that winning teams aren't always built on a load of dim nice guys. Do they have what it takes to go and physically impose themselves on the opposition every week, because it's one thing saying it but it's quite another doing it when you've got a team of fannies.

Unread 04-12-2021, 08:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The biggest change is going to have to be getting a bunch of players who have been used to playing in 10 min spells during matches to get into a headspace of going hard for 90 mins every game.

You watch Liverpool and City play as an example. Every game they're at it. City might have the odd anomaly of a result but most of the time, whether they're playing in the champions league or they're playing Macclesfield in the cup, they have that same drive and desire to completely run over the opposition. You very rarely see them invite teams onto them or let teams off the hook. They keep going and going until the opposition just cave in. Same to an extent with Liverpool.

You'll see which of this lot are going to adapt to this and which are going to end up failing now. I just don't know how they're going to take to it. I just feel like Ole spent so much time in the last 3 years bringing 'nice lads' into the squad that he forgot that winning teams aren't always built on a load of dim nice guys. Do they have what it takes to go and physically impose themselves on the opposition every week, because it's one thing saying it but it's quite another doing it when you've got a team of fannies.
I think that comes from the manager. Most of them will be hungrier and more invested in a coach and method they believe it. I don’t believe that City, Liverpool and Chelsea buy players with better mentalities, they just invest in their bosses.

Salah is a good example. A lot of Liverpool fans in the past have been critical of him, calling him a bit of a shrinking violet. A tendency to hide, bottle it at key times etc. I imagine if he played for us in the last five years, he’d resemble our other forwards: talented, produces brilliant moments, but blows hot and cold and turns up then he feels like it.

But because he’s in a side properly coached by one of the best managers in the world, he has the platform to flourish. It took a bit of time though.

Chelsea are largely the same group of players who let Lampard down. We heard similar arguments for his defence that we heard for Ole. The players are the ones who go out there etc. Look at them now. All singing from the same hymn sheet. The difference is the manager.

There will be some shitbags who get left behind, of course, but if he can get his message across and we can build a bit of confidence that only wins can bring, there should be a big improvement.

I don’t think it’ll happen overnight though, so I’m not sure if eyeing up a load of points from some kind fixture is going to end well. Just win tomorrow, which won’t be easy.

Unread 04-12-2021, 08:40 PM
andyroo

£#%&!ing hell lads

Unread 04-12-2021, 08:42 PM
Pop

Liverpool, City and Chelsea ain't going to go to shit. West Ham will so its up to Utd to haul Arsenal and Spurs in. And not £#%&! things up themselves, which they will of course. Fifth or sixth I reckon and a summer spent sniffing around Pochettino's fat arse.

Unread 04-12-2021, 08:48 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Totally. The main thing that’s been lacking from united sides of the last decade is character. Players who are obsessed about winning and are scary when they lose. Keane’s the best example I can think of - the players around him would shit themselves in case they let him down. You only need one or two players like that to drive the others, including the manager.

The culture that’s developed under modern united is one of being not that bothered what happens. Martial Pogba lingard shaw Rashford de Gea. All of them are too used to losing or failing and there being no consequences. That isn’t going to change overnight and it’s not going to change with an interim manager. Some of these dicks have outlived 4 managers ffs.

The dna of modern united is ‘ah well, we still have Pirelli tyres interested/instagram haircut likes’. Pep’s an utter #@&%! but he drives it all - makes it the most important thing in the world. Klopp the same.

We’ll see how Ralph gets on but I’m not holding my breath.

Unread 04-12-2021, 09:03 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

I'm going 4th, decent coaching and a clear game plan and we've more than enough to outshine all but the top three. If we get forth from the state we were in we know we're on the up and at last heading in the right direction with something like a coherent plan and solid leadership.

Unread 04-12-2021, 09:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Squad: No Jesseh or Anthoneh. Shaw still out.

Unread 04-12-2021, 09:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Squad: No Jesseh or Anthoneh. Shaw still out.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXEqhlFo...dium=copy_link
the £#%&! is there a guy with a leeds flag there?

Unread 04-12-2021, 09:40 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
the £#%&! is there a guy with a leeds flag there?
Hated, Adored…

Unread 28-12-2021, 12:06 AM
Sparky***

7th at this rate. Spurs will have 4th.
Closed Thread