United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-12-2021, 11:25 PM
atticusgrinch

Beeky in for The Scottish Player. Rashford out for Greenwood. Varane and Bailly at CB.

Too early to dream?

Unread 03-12-2021, 01:02 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
12 points off top...
12 points off 18th too. Makes you think.

Unread 03-12-2021, 01:05 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
12 points off top...
Not saying it's on of course but if we keep improving like we have the last 3 games then we have a very nice set of fixtures coming up. We'll be closer than 12 points by the new year*

*I didn't saw whether that was top or bottom

Unread 03-12-2021, 01:21 PM
20LEgend1999

We just have to focus on competing for the "Premier League table since Ralf took over" trophy. Anything else is a bonus.

Unread 03-12-2021, 01:23 PM
NedKelly

Was only a year ago City looked out of the race altogether. It’s our turn.

Unread 04-12-2021, 02:47 PM
saffers

Crystal Palace (h)
Norwich (a)
Brentford (a)
Brighton (h)
Newcastle (a)
Burnley (h)
Wolves (h)
Aston Villa (a)
West Ham (h)
Burnley (a)
Southampton (h)
Leeds (a)
Watford (h)

Fixture list is very kind to the whisper lads. We might be screaming by end of feb.....

Unread 04-12-2021, 02:55 PM
Hyman_Roth

Do any of the ‘whisper it’ lads want to bet with the ‘just might sneak 4th’ lads?

Unread 04-12-2021, 03:03 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Do any of the ‘whisper it’ lads want to bet with the ‘just might sneak 4th’ lads?
Whilst we are at it, does any of the “just might sneak 4th lads” want to bet with the “next season is £#%&!ed already when we are in the europa conference” lads?

Unread 04-12-2021, 03:08 PM
tatty

A lot depends on how much credibility RR has with the players.

If they think he’s just a 6 months stop gap then some of them will chin him off and we won’t see much improvement.

Unread 04-12-2021, 03:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Chelsea drawing… chance to close the gap to 10 tomorrow. Single figures soon. Matter of time.

Ralf R-ON-gnick!

Unread 04-12-2021, 03:17 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Chelsea drawing… chance to close the gap to 10 tomorrow. Single figures soon. Matter of time.

Ralf R-ON-gnick!
Not any more

Unread 04-12-2021, 03:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Not any more
To be 9 points behind them considering the stark seasons we’ve had would be quite ridiculous tbh. Feels like we’re more like 20 points behind them.

Unread 04-12-2021, 03:30 PM
Sparky***

I honestly think people are in for a shock if they think this guy is going to come in and implement a very technical precise way of playing in December and the players are going to pick it up straightaway. There's £#%&! all time to train, it's just games.

And you're going to have players sink or swim in this new method. It think you'll get similar to what Liverpool got at first, a real mixed bag of results.

Put the fixture list down. Let's just try and win two games back to back shall we?

Unread 04-12-2021, 03:35 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I honestly think people are in for a shock if they think this guy is going to come in and implement a very technical precise way of playing in December and the players are going to pick it up straightaway. There's £#%&! all time to train, it's just games.

And you're going to have players sink or swim in this new method. It think you'll get similar to what Liverpool got at first, a real mixed bag of results.

Put the fixture list down. Let's just try and win two games back to back shall we?
I agree but I think we have a far better squad than liverpool had. We need to go on a run and hope arsenal, spurs and west ham all hit rough patches just to make fourth.

Unread 04-12-2021, 03:38 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

This.

Just want us to improve and get some confidence back again. See where it takes us. We’re in no position to start looking at runs of wins. We’ve won 6 league games all season.

Unread 04-12-2021, 06:44 PM
Denis Irwell

The results since Ole left indicate the players had given up on him as much as whatever Carrick’s input was. The fact that they merely got some focus back made a big diff. Even before we get to a constructive way of playing, the absence of odd selections/non-selections will help but shoring up mf and defence - basically, cutting out constant stupid carelessness - will make us harder to beat. There’s always goals in this team… we’ll, nearly always

Unread 04-12-2021, 06:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
The results since Ole left indicate the players had given up on him as much as whatever Carrick’s input was. The fact that they merely got some focus back made a big diff. Even before we get to a constructive way of playing, the absence of odd selections/non-selections will help but shoring up mf and defence - basically, cutting out constant stupid carelessness - will make us harder to beat. There’s always goals in this team… we’ll, nearly always
Giving the talented players a platform to win makes a difference too. The Villarreal game and the Chelsea game were about keeping it tight and giving us something to defend. Then with the likes of Ronaldo and Sancho, something happened that made the difference. We spend too many games reacting or chasing.

Unread 04-12-2021, 10:32 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Giving the talented players a platform to win makes a difference too. The Villarreal game and the Chelsea game were about keeping it tight and giving us something to defend. Then with the likes of Ronaldo and Sancho, something happened that made the difference. We spend too many games reacting or chasing.
Exactly

I think it’ll take a while before we see any appreciable progress with what we have, but just less of the brain farts, should see us half decent. Would like to see this guy given a bit more than 6 months because unless we have something up our sleeve, ie the Dutch fella, and even then have my doubts…

Unread 05-12-2021, 03:23 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Exactly

I think it’ll take a while before we see any appreciable progress with what we have, but just less of the brain farts, should see us half decent. Would like to see this guy given a bit more than 6 months because unless we have something up our sleeve, ie the Dutch fella, and even then have my doubts…
I think there’s a very strong possibility he gets the job if he does well. Top four and/or a trophy and he’ll be the front runner IMO.

Unread 05-12-2021, 10:45 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Crystal Palace (h)
Norwich (a)
Brentford (a)
Brighton (h)
Newcastle (a)
Burnley (h)
Wolves (h)
Aston Villa (a)
West Ham (h)
Burnley (a)
Southampton (h)
Leeds (a)
Watford (h)

Fixture list is very kind to the whisper lads. We might be screaming by end of feb.....
1 down, 12 to go.
Closed Thread