United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-12-2021, 11:01 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Few strong whispers he's being lined up for the Everton job.

No chance.

Unread 03-12-2021, 04:05 PM
AK14

Poor Donny

Unread 03-12-2021, 04:07 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

‘And what are your thoughts on Van der Beek?’

‘... sorry... who?’

Unread 03-12-2021, 04:07 PM
tatty

Quote:
I don't know what a less than zero chance is, but it's that.

Unread 03-12-2021, 04:48 PM
saffers

Quote:
No shot.

Not sure he would get a job even in the championship.

Unread 07-12-2021, 09:24 AM
Hyman_Roth

Fantastic article by a former great on here, Carlosatorial.

Probably the best thing I’ve seen written on it:

https://carlosartorial.com/2021/12/0...gs-fall-apart/

Unread 07-12-2021, 09:41 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Agree on all of that, including that farewell video. Some said it showed class. I thought it was crass. Added to the already high levels of humiliation and a final example of why they gave Ole that three year contract - the perfect patsy to deflect from the real problems within the club.

Unread 07-12-2021, 10:13 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

Unread 07-12-2021, 10:15 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

Carlos was always a dispassionate realist when it came to United. Hard to argue with any of that.

Unread 07-12-2021, 10:18 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Agree on all of that, including that farewell video. Some said it showed class. I thought it was crass. Added to the already high levels of humiliation and a final example of why they gave Ole that three year contract - the perfect patsy to deflect from the real problems within the club.
Totally. I suppose the club are playing to a different audience than us though. We’re legacy fans with very little value apart from a bit of a old school brand link. The crying is for the saffers and marls types and the generation below them - platform/foreign fans and in the case of Marlo an Arsenal fan on the wum who promote polarised opinions - hate or love with no nuance in between.

Sad state of affairs but then so is united and football generally.

Unread 07-12-2021, 10:36 AM
Stickman

Quote:

That’s a superb article.

Unread 07-12-2021, 11:01 AM
Denis Irwell

Nothing any of us didn’t know but very well put.

Quote:
Totally. I suppose the club are playing to a different audience than us though. We’re legacy fans with very little value apart from a bit of a old school brand link. The crying is for the saffers and marls types and the generation below them - platform/foreign fans and in the case of Marlo an Arsenal fan on the wum who promote polarised opinions - hate or love with no nuance in between.

Sad state of affairs but then so is united and football generally.
Also, very well put

Unread 07-12-2021, 11:57 AM
puressence

he sums it up well , thats why people like saffers and marlo can always £#%&! off ..

Unread 07-12-2021, 01:19 PM
marlo

Sorry to interrupt this back slapping fellowship.

What a lot of rubbish.

He was a poor manager who has been sacked for being that.

he has left us in a worse position than when he took over but luckily we can repair the damage and keep trying get back to the top.

I don’t care what sort of fan you guys call me, I’d rather call our a manager for being mediocre than enable him to turn managing the football club us into his little friend making adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
he sums it up well , thats why people like saffers and marlo can always £#%&! off ..
I’m glad you dislike me btw. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

Unread 07-12-2021, 01:24 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

What a lot of rubbish.

he has left us in a worse position than when he took over but luckily we can repair the damage and keep trying get back to the top.

I don’t care what sort of fan you guys call me, I’d rather call our a manager for being mediocre than enable him to turn managing the football club us into his little friend making adventure.

I don't think anyone on here would disagree that he was a medicore manager but thanks for your radical insight and incredible perception that he wasn't up to taking the club forward from here. Keep fighting the good fight.

Unread 07-12-2021, 01:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

What a lot of rubbish.

What, you didn’t like an article that includes:

“Imagine being so deluded that you still believe the clown (Pogba) will actually start delivering at some point“

I’m shocked.

Once again, you’re creating more strawman arguments:

“What a load of rubbish - he was a poor manager who sacked for being that”

Where does the article say anything about him being a good manager or that
He should have kept his job.

Unread 07-12-2021, 01:37 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I don't think anyone on here would disagree that he was a medicore manager but thanks for your radical insight and incredible perception that he wasn't up to taking the club forward from here. Keep fighting the good fight.

Didn’t deny the Arsenal fan accusation. Interesting. Was convinced that Tronics (single figure brain cells guy) was a gooner and marls is good mates….

Unread 07-12-2021, 01:43 PM
dunk

Quote:

Didn’t deny the Arsenal fan accusation. Interesting. Was convinced that Tronics (single figure brain cells guy) was a gooner and marls is good mates….
Deffo been to the emirates more than OT.

I imagine he’ll gently slope off again as we move away from Arsenal. Just as he and saffers were MIA for the majority of last season once we’d got our shit together.

Unread 07-12-2021, 01:46 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Deffo been to the emirates more than OT.

I imagine he’ll gently slope off again as we move away from Arsenal. Just as he and saffers were MIA for the majority of last season once we’d got our shit together.
Was interesting the way he popped up again just as the media were fawning over Arteta for stringing about three wins together.

Unread 07-12-2021, 01:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Was interesting the way he popped up again just as the media were fawning over Arteta for stringing about three wins together.
There are a few vehemently anti-Ole individuals that were missing all last season and reappeared in the aftermath of the EL final defeat to start twisting the knife. They were mainly missing during Mou & Spurs and Arteta and Arsenals worst periods
Closed Thread