United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2021, 10:41 AM
Jack Duckworth

fantastic player for us and comes across as a very decent bloke. wish him all the best, but i think a clear out of all the current coaching staff is needed.

Unread 03-12-2021, 10:50 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
fantastic player for us and comes across as a very decent bloke. wish him all the best, but i think a clear out of all the current coaching staff is needed.
Very unlikely to happen given that well most likely have a new manager in 6 months who will want his own coaches

Unread 03-12-2021, 10:53 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Very unlikely to happen given that well most likely have a new manager in 6 months who will want his own coaches
with big ralph pulling the strings in the background

Unread 03-12-2021, 10:57 AM
Patty_b

Decent guy and good player. Neither sad nor happy to see him go.

Not surprising though, think Rangnick made clear that he would want control over the backroom staff going forward and that he'd want to bring his own people in going forward. And that if Carrick was to stay, it would not be as assistant manager so he decided to leave.

Surprised about how much control it looks like Rangnick is getting, maybe we actually are going to try and sort out the footballing side of the club now

Unread 03-12-2021, 11:00 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Not surprising though, think Rangnick made clear that he would want control over the backroom staff going forward and that he'd want to bring his own people in going forward. And that if Carrick was to stay, it would not be as assistant manager so he decided to leave.

Surprised about how much control it looks like Rangnick is getting, maybe we actually are going to try and sort out the footballing side of the club now
Arnold by all accounts doesn't want as much involvement in the football side, where he sees himself as out of his depth and would rather bring in someone who knows it (cf. the absolute bluffing from Woodward and Judge).

Unread 03-12-2021, 11:51 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Arnold by all accounts doesn't want as much involvement in the football side, where he sees himself as out of his depth and would rather bring in someone who knows it (cf. the absolute bluffing from Woodward and Judge).
I would throw a couple of bricks through Arnold’s car just to let him know he’s on the right track staying away from footballing matters incase he gets other ideas.

I am joking I obviously don’t think that

Unread 03-12-2021, 12:34 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
I would throw a couple of bricks through Arnold’s car just to let him know he’s on the right track staying away from footballing matters incase he gets other ideas.

I am joking I obviously don’t think that
I'd rather send him a congratulations card for doing the right thing, with a keep it up or else passive/aggressive undertone of course.

Unread 03-12-2021, 12:42 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Same. I'm completely ambivalent.

Carrick's left? Oh, okay.

Unread 03-12-2021, 12:51 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Same. I'm completely ambivalent.

Carrick's left? Oh, okay.
Bit strange. Been at the club 15 years, won pretty much everything with us and you're reaction is "oh okay".

Is it now the zeitgeist to have zero emotional attachment to any players? I mean, I could give very few £#%&!s about many of the current playing staff but Carrick is one of the last to leave the club from an era where we cleaned up. Best of luck to him

Unread 03-12-2021, 01:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Bit strange. Been at the club 15 years, won pretty much everything with us and you're reaction is "oh okay".

Is it now the zeitgeist to have zero emotional attachment to any players? I mean, I could give very few £#%&!s about many of the current playing staff but Carrick is one of the last to leave the club from an era where we cleaned up. Best of luck to him
This.

It seems the pursuit of trying to be good again in the last few years has left people unable to simply enjoy games, moments and players. Especially ones that have so good to us down the years.

It’s fashionable to say Carrick sits on the bench and does nothing, but if you say ‘good luck’ to a man who has worked tirelessly and successfully for the club for 15 years, it falls on deaf ears.

Odd imo.

Unread 03-12-2021, 01:19 PM
Patty_b

I have emotional attachments to loads of players

Like I said, seems a decent guy and was a good player, and wish him all the best.

I just don't care that he's left his position at the club

Unread 03-12-2021, 01:28 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

The zeitgeist

No idea what is so strange about being ambivalent because one of our rather unsuccessful coaches has walked.

Funny times we live in for sure

Unread 03-12-2021, 01:31 PM
NedKelly

In just three games he’s managed to improve the squad, lift the negative atmosphere at the club and has had us playing some great football. Can’t help but think Ralf should have kept him on.

Unread 03-12-2021, 01:34 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
In just three games he’s managed to improve the squad, lift the negative atmosphere at the club and has had us playing some great football. Can’t help but think Ralf should have kept him on.
He’s admitted that when he found out a couple of days ago he tried to persuade Carrick to stay.

Unread 03-12-2021, 02:30 PM
dunk

Next interim sorted…

Unread 03-12-2021, 02:47 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Permanent manager in the summer.

Unread 08-12-2021, 09:13 AM
Bion

At Preston North End

Frankie McAvoy left the club on Monday after nine months in charge and according to The Sun, Carrick is one of the top candidates to land the role.

I hope he gets it
He deserves a chance
Probably will do well

Unread 08-12-2021, 09:29 AM
Seamus

lets see how good a coach he is with a limited squad and budget.

Unread 08-12-2021, 09:57 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
lets see how good a coach he is with a limited squad and budget.
He’s had plenty of practice

Unread 08-12-2021, 10:08 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He’s had plenty of practice
Closed Thread