United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-11-2021, 10:20 AM
windy waffles

Default Zidane

Club hoping to persuade him to join the club according to The Times.

Hoping his relationship with Ronaldo and Varane could be a factor which makes sense.

Would also expect Pogba to stay if he became boss...

Unread 14-11-2021, 10:21 AM
Stickman

The guys cool as £#%&! but I reckon he wouldn’t last one full season

Unread 14-11-2021, 10:27 AM
NedKelly

Would be an awful appointment. Great at managing egos but the football his Madrid team played was boring and quite negative at points. Also he had a midfield of peak Kroos and Modric, not sure he’ll fare as well with Fred and co.

Unread 14-11-2021, 10:39 AM
waynes ear's

Brendan Rodgers will be the new manager. Deal with it

Unread 14-11-2021, 10:40 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Brendan Rodgers will be the new manager. Deal with it

#brendanrodgersreds

Unread 14-11-2021, 10:42 AM
Dr Stranger

Worse idea than Rodgers.

Bad times.

There’s really nobody I’m at all convinced will sort this shit out as long as these parasitic owners and inept structure is in place.

The idea of ETH probably excites the most, but he’ll be doomed to failure unless we mirror Ajax’s way of doing things. Which we won’t. And I doubt we’re in for him anyway.

So it’s down to Perennial Poch, a former Liverpool manager or someone that
Nobody wants and who doesn’t want to come here.

Great.

Unread 14-11-2021, 10:48 AM
Vedder

I’d rather Rodgers than Zidane.

Unread 14-11-2021, 10:49 AM
Mr_Ed

How you can be so dismissive of a coach who win 3 consecutive CL’s is beyond me. He also won the league with a post Ronaldo Madrid team on the slide.

Yet people would prefer the solitary FA Cup winning Brendan Rogers who somehow managed to lose Liverpool their first title in 26 or so years because they couldn’t defend properly?

Unread 14-11-2021, 10:55 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
How you can be so dismissive of a coach who win 3 consecutive CL’s is beyond me. He also won the league with a post Ronaldo Madrid team on the slide.
I’d say he won the league when the other teams were also totally on the decline. His 3 CL wins are a wonderful achievement but the names he had... they got through to a couple of those finals despite some of the poor football they played too. I don’t think players like Maguire, AWB, Fred, The Scottish Player play at that level, and there’s only so much that man-management (which is Zidane’s main thing IMO) will do for you.

Basically, if we had Kroos and Modric, or an equivalent in midfield, I’d be all for it. But we don’t, so I’m not.

Unread 14-11-2021, 11:09 AM
dunk

The famously young and British manager Zidane.

His calm head in a crisis has saved many a club and propelled them forward.

Good job it’s %@#$&!s tbh.

Unread 14-11-2021, 11:11 AM
Stickman

Quote:

Yet people would prefer the solitary FA Cup winning Brendan Rogers who somehow managed to lose Liverpool their first title in 26 or so years because they couldn’t defend properly?
Not that I’m advocating for Rodgers, but that Liverpool team should have been nowhere near challenging for the title.

Unread 14-11-2021, 11:21 AM
saffers

Unread 14-11-2021, 11:24 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
I’d rather Rodgers than Zidane.
Same. Does he even speak English?

Just because he was a great player doesn’t mean Fred is going to start playing like he did.

If we’re being honest.. the Real Madrid team he managed had some serious investment. Players bought in their prime rather than ones that are towards the top of the hill or who are still unproven at the top level.

Unread 14-11-2021, 11:39 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

Because I think it’s one of the great anomalies of recent years, and I’m sure I’m not the only one who doesn’t seem to correlate his ability with that stat.

Of course, it’s a huge achievement. Nothing against the guy and he was a phenomenal player. We won’t really know how good he is until he takes another job, but I strongly suspect it was more the squad he had than anything he did.

I couldn’t see anything other than him being utterly lost here.

And just to be clear, I don’t want Rodgers either.

Unread 14-11-2021, 11:46 AM
dunk

Zidane took over a team with the best and most productive player in history in his pomp, with a stellar supporting cast of proven World Class players in every position and kept them happy by not trying to install anything that might upset them, then let them get on with it. Not sure that would work here tbh. Soon as he knew Ronaldo was off, he was outta there.

The more I think about Rodgers, the more I think he’s a slightly more structured Ole. Excellent coach, can spot a player and seems to keep a harmonious club, but can’t help but feel he’s only going to do what Ole has in terms of get you to the position of being a club ready to challenge and needing the next level manager to take the club on, rather than being the one to win the trophies.

Unread 14-11-2021, 11:50 AM
Hyman_Roth

Don’t care at this point. Just need to get rid of ole. Think we’d be better with no one managing us atm.

Unread 14-11-2021, 11:50 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Zidane took over a team with the best and most productive player in history in his pomp, with a stellar supporting cast of proven World Class players in every position and kept them happy by not trying to install anything that might upset them, then let them get on with it. Not sure that would work here tbh. Soon as he knew Ronaldo was off, he was outta there.

The more I think about Rodgers, the more I think he’s a slightly more structured Ole. Excellent coach, can spot a player and seems to keep a harmonious club, but can’t help but feel he’s only going to do what Ole has in terms of get you to the position of being a club ready to challenge and needing the next level manager to take the club on, rather than being the one to win the trophies.
I actually like Rodgers as a coach and he’s a good option ‘on paper’….. I just can’t get past him being Brendan Rodgers.

I don’t buy this idea he’s a bottler either. That Liverpool season will haunt him, but it could be pegged as a one-off and, frankly, I’ll us being in that position once again right now.

As for Leicester bottling it. I don’t think they bottled it so much as found their level by the time 38 league games were done. The fact they’re even able to compete at that level each season is testament to him.

And he won that FA Cup against a team who would be CL champions a few days later. Beat us along the way too.

His ‘bottling it’ is better than anything we’ve managed in recent years

He seems far less of #@&%! than his earlier years too….

…it’s just that face he’s….ya know…. Brendan £#%&!ing Rodgers

Unread 14-11-2021, 11:52 AM
dunk

Not sure I said ‘bottling’ at any point tbh.

Fine margins. Ole has fallen the wrong side on all the fine margin moments that have mattered, FA Cup Final Worldy and VAR decision aside, so has Rodgers over a much longer period in the PL/England. I don’t really count his work with Celtic in the way Ole’s Molde stuff is dismissed as irrelevant.

Unread 14-11-2021, 11:57 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Don’t care at this point. Just need to get rid of ole. Think we’d be better with no one managing us atm.
Free style management. Rock paper scissors to pick the team.

Unread 14-11-2021, 11:58 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Free style management. Rock paper scissors to pick the team.
Then maybe Zidane is the man..
Closed Thread