United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-05-2022, 09:01 PM
Ethers

One way of looking at it.

The other is that it’s no surprise that the club don’t want anything further to do with a guy who’s come in and failed at the job he was asked to do by every visible metric, other than passing the blame at press conferences

Unread 29-05-2022, 09:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
One way of looking at it.

The other is that it’s no surprise that the club don’t want anything further to do with a guy who’s come in and failed at the job he was asked to do by every visible metric, other than passing the blame at press conferences
And that's also a way of looking at it.

Unread 29-05-2022, 10:06 PM
armchair

Unread 30-05-2022, 03:32 AM
utd99

Rangnick failed. Anyone would have failed.

It’s mystifying that people don’t know where to apportion this blame or feel the need to make a career out of slagging the bloke off. Its a little obsessive tbh. Supposedly they all loved Ole. That worked out well.

They’re a disgrace and I hope ten Hag runs them ‘til they don’t know their own names then bins them anyway.

Unread 30-05-2022, 07:23 AM
AK14

Unread 30-05-2022, 07:45 AM
Zorg

Unread 30-05-2022, 08:15 AM
Hyman_Roth

Perhaps fitting that the last ever Woody appointment was amongst his worse. And maybe we had to hit rock bottom before we could rise again?

So thank you Ralf and thank you Woody for allowing us to feel such pain - a cathartic reminder for united fans that nothing can ever be taken for granted. You can spend huge amounts of money on transfers and wages but with decision makers like woody and under managers like Ralf, it means absolutely nothing.

Unread 30-05-2022, 08:40 AM
Stickman

The vitriol for the manager who probably did the least out of all of them to put us where we are today

Poor tenure, but lets not use his short stint to make others look better eh

Unread 30-05-2022, 08:42 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Perhaps fitting that the last ever Woody appointment was amongst his worse. And maybe we had to hit rock bottom before we could rise again?

So thank you Ralf and thank you Woody for allowing us to feel such pain - a cathartic reminder for united fans that nothing can ever be taken for granted. You can spend huge amounts of money on transfers and wages but with decision makers like woody and under managers like Ralf, it means absolutely nothing.
I really admired the way he would slag players off in press conferences, and then start them in the next game. You don’t see many managers take such a unique approach to the game.

I would have liked to have seen some progress on the pitch, instead of completely regressing into a quite horrendous collapse, but I’m assuming it was all part of the plan

Unread 30-05-2022, 08:43 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
The vitriol for the manager who probably did the least out of all of them to put us where we are today

Poor tenure, but lets not use his short stint to make others look better eh
I judge Ralf on what Ralf and his team and staff did.....

Nothing to do with past managers.

Ralf is a colossal fraud

Hth

Unread 30-05-2022, 08:57 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I really admired the way he would slag players off in press conferences, and then start them in the next game. You don’t see many managers take such a unique approach to the game.

I would have liked to have seen some progress on the pitch, instead of completely regressing into a quite horrendous collapse, but I’m assuming it was all part of the plan
It takes balls - that’s what it’s about. It takes balls to hear a player like Jesse Lingard openly describe the dressing room as being toxic, openly state his desire to leave the club and then still pick him to play.

It’s clever too. Because it tricks people - it messes with their minds. So what that it led to confusion and a crippling of confidence. It showed them up and at the end of the day, that was the most important thing.

Unread 30-05-2022, 09:03 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

I called this out early doors as well, I never understood it. Talk about making a hard job harder for yourself

By all means liaise with those above you and tell them that some of the players are £#%&!ing terrible and need to be shown the door asap, but it's not asking a lot to try and keep them onside while you need to win £#%&!ing games.

Guess man managment is another thing to add to the list of things Ralf was absolutely £#%&!ing useless at.

Unread 30-05-2022, 09:12 AM
Jethro

Perfect

Unread 30-05-2022, 09:39 AM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I called this out early doors as well, I never understood it. Talk about making a hard job harder for yourself

By all means liaise with those above you and tell them that some of the players are £#%&!ing terrible and need to be shown the door asap, but it's not asking a lot to try and keep them onside while you need to win £#%&!ing games.

Guess man managment is another thing to add to the list of things Ralf was absolutely £#%&!ing useless at.
This is precisely what Ole tried to do.

It didn't work because the players are @#%&!s.

Ralf realised he wasn't going to get a tune out of them either and so changed tack and shone the spotlight on the players.

It's about the only successful thing a United manager has done in a long while. (Ralf himself included.)

He's gone now and I'm not at all sad.

Let's see what the new bloke can do and how many of the fraudulent £#%&!ers he can boot out of the door over the summer.

Unread 30-05-2022, 09:45 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
This is precisely what Ole tried to do.

It didn't work because the players are @#%&!s.

Ralf realised he wasn't going to get a tune out of them either and so changed tack and shone the spotlight on the players.

It's about the only successful thing a United manager has done in a long while. (Ralf himself included.)

He's gone now and I'm not at all sad.

Let's see what the new bloke can do and how many of the fraudulent £#%&!ers he can boot out of the door over the summer.

Unread 30-05-2022, 09:49 AM
Zorg

Quote:

'That'll be 7 million pounds, please'

Unread 30-05-2022, 09:53 AM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 30-05-2022, 09:54 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
But he shine a de light er

Unread 30-05-2022, 10:01 AM
Rorschach

Please don't confuse or conflate his successfully highlighting the shithousery of the players in the dressing room with any measure of success on the pitch because, for the avoidance of doubt, there was £#%&! all to celebrate on the pitch. Ta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
But he shine a de light er
He did.

But the more obtuse responses on here that seem to wish to focus only on the many management failures at the club is making me doubt this.

Unread 30-05-2022, 10:16 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
Please don't confuse or conflate his successfully highlighting the shithousery of the players in the dressing room with any measure of success on the pitch because, for the avoidance of doubt, there was £#%&! all to celebrate on the pitch. Ta.

He did.

But the more obtuse responses on here that seem to wish to focus only on the many management failures at the club is making me doubt this.
How is that a success? The majority of those players are still going to be playing for us next season, we aren't going to moving them all on.

Like I said, he could've hung all the players he wanted out to dry behind closed doors to the people that could actually do something about it, while trying to keep them as happy as possible in the meantime to help results on the pitch. Or in other words, do his job as a manager. Instead he aired his dirty laundry out in public and it did him absolutely no good.

And I know how much of a let down these players are, I was posting at length in October about how the players are letting everybody at the club down, and it won't matter who comes in because the same will happen again. At the time I was told that I was wrong, and that our squad wasn't far off Liverpools ffs.

And despite knowing the players were going to let anyone that came in down, I knew that talking shit about them in public wasn't going to do him any favours, and was only make things worse. And despite knowing the players were going to let anyone who came in down, Ralf has fallen far far below what were already depressingly low expecations.

'Success' is not a word that can be attributed to any part of his time at the club. He didn't even sell Lingard when he had the chance
Closed Thread