United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-04-2022, 06:46 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I don't know about you lot but I've worked in many companies over the years. There are companies / environments that are set up for success and will succeed with good leadership, vision and a 'North Star' (sorry) in terms of a 1, 2, 5 year plan. I've worked in some companies where it's obvious things will go well and some firms who, despite my best efforts, will fail because culturally they're set up that way - in my role I've done well when I didn't think I would and failed when I didn't think it possible - all down to culture, company, people and expectation.

Why do you think United continued successfully under SAF - he set the template and the club imbued his values.

Why do you think Chelsea did so well when Jose left for a few years simply because the template was in place for success.

Why do you think City have been successful over the last 10 years because, yes the coach will have an impact, but the club has the same template and values and the manager will complement that - They'll continue to do well after Pep, just less so - he's a great coach after all.

So RR has come in to a shit environment, a shit template and a team who have given up noting he won't be there next season. We've got a load of players over 30 and the last 10 years under Woodward have been an unmitigated disaster.

As I said before RR has come in and is trying lots of things and trying to shake things up but failing because the players have let him down. If Ole was still in charge he'd still be there smiling not having a clue about the tactical approach. Carrick would have lost the team by not (remember Ole got about 12 games originally) and whoever else came in would have had the same problems - the club is toxic and it is £#%&!ed.

So it's not down to RR - I still rate him and he's tried a lot of things with the tools he's been given. Bad tools or tools that don't give a £#%&!.

The club is 5-10 years away and whoever comes in (ETH I hope) he's going to need strong direction and leadership from up on high because, if it's not there, he'll fail too.
So basically, there was no way it could work because our players are shit and the club are shit but Ralph is good because, well, don’t ask me for any specifics, but I just think he is.

Unread 10-04-2022, 06:53 AM
shenwen

That video that did the rounds before he came had me worried but I tried to ignore. When he talks of the three pillars or whatever. This is football not corporate training. Proving to be the case.

The only hope is that the club is listening to his ideas on restructuring because he talks a good game. Just not the man to implement it.

Unread 10-04-2022, 09:52 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
That video that did the rounds before he came had me worried but I tried to ignore. When he talks of the three pillars or whatever. This is football not corporate training. Proving to be the case.

The only hope is that the club is listening to his ideas on restructuring because he talks a good game. Just not the man to implement it.
Bit difficult to implement in 4 months when about 10 players have downed tools and one is behind bars, while the owners are still staring a non-existent mf after 10 years and doing £#%&! all about it, other than rewarding them with even bigger contracts. If ETH gets the job, I hope it’s a sign that there’ll be some serious restructuring because the signs are he’ll give it a miss if he’s not convinced he has full support. He’ll be well aware of the state.

Unread 10-04-2022, 02:58 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Why is that a joke
His job is managing the first team squad, Garner isn’t part of that

Yes next season he hopefully will be but Rangnick won’t be manager then

What benefit would Rangnick watching Garner’s Forest games be this season as he can’t pick him

I’d give Ralf stick for not playing Hannibal over Pogba or Fernandez over whatever shite is playing left back but it’s ridiculous to criticise him for not watching Forest matches
Garner is part of the senior playing staff at Utd, which RR is head of. He is using players that are away from OT in 6 weeks and blatantly can't be arsed, and is apparently staying on as a consultant. The very £#%&!ing least he can do is be aware of what we have?

The lad put a corner onto the head of one of his own players yesterday for a goal. Our 1st team have scored once all season. He'd be worth having in the squad for his delivery alone.

It may be the frustration of seeing the same old shit underperforming every week, but there is nothing to lose* now in playing kids.

*8th place and Europa Conference maybe.

Unread 15-04-2022, 01:55 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Tbf the state we're in now is worse than anything SAF dealt with but of course, it would never have come to this with him in charge.
Really? You must have missed his first 5 years.

Unread 15-04-2022, 02:04 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Really? You must have missed his first 5 years.
Was only a toddler but genuine question , did the board/owners back him then? Was the objective to win and be the best? Because then the situation is worse right now.

Unread 15-04-2022, 04:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Seems like Roddy had him pegged…

“One of the game’s great spoofers “
https://m.independent.ie/sport/socce...-41151699.html
That’s Roddy Collins there who’s managerial credentials are the likes of athlone town and Waterford United

Unread 15-04-2022, 04:23 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That’s Roddy Collins there who’s managerial credentials are the likes of athlone town and Waterford United
And a team in Malta tbf

Unread 15-04-2022, 06:13 PM
AK14

Unread 15-04-2022, 06:34 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Or your footballing credentials to know <insert a united player's name> is shit at football.

Unread 15-04-2022, 07:13 PM
Joe Biden

Quite refreshing after the shite ole gurner come out with.

Unread 15-04-2022, 10:43 PM
Chris Quayd

"We had moments, situations and games and spells where we played well, where we showed the team would be able to play on a higher level. I can think about games we played against Crystal Palace, West Ham, Tottenham, Leeds, until the 70th minute against Aston Villa" - if that doesn't get the season review flying off the shelves I don't know what will

Unread 15-04-2022, 10:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
"We had moments, situations and games and spells where we played well, where we showed the team would be able to play on a higher level. I can think about games we played against Crystal Palace, West Ham, Tottenham, Leeds, until the 70th minute against Aston Villa" - if that doesn't get the season review flying off the shelves I don't know what will
The season review should be the home games against Leeds and Newcastle, then a slow fade to black on a picture of a turd, slowly zooming in with the voiceover of Solskjaer going "when you play for this cloob, you know what it takes and we're going to look at ourselves in the mirror...." Fin.

Unread 15-04-2022, 10:51 PM
Ethers

Unread 15-04-2022, 10:51 PM
Dr Stranger

"I think we're all aware it’s not an easy squad and the whole situation wasn't easy.”

Unread 16-04-2022, 12:30 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Was only a toddler but genuine question , did the board/owners back him then? Was the objective to win and be the best? Because then the situation is worse right now.
Up to around 1983, owners, and I think board members, were more or less banned from making money out of a football club. So, developing the club and winning was the only real motivation. Though edwards supposedly found some way to make some money for himself, but it was constrained.

So in the late 80s, the objective was certainly to win the league, as owners primarily weren’t in it for the money. Top 4 didn’t mean much, particularly as clubs were banned from Europe. United didn’t generate much more money than other big clubs back then, due to the structure of the game and tv revenue not really taking off yet. And the culture hadn’t really changed yet, as the rule banning owners from making money had only recently been lifted when thatcher took over. So all that was in the early stages.

They certainly backed him up until 1990, when we’d slipped back to mid table after finishing 2nd in his first full season. Think it was in his first book that he went to the board in 1989 and told them he wanted to rip the first team up and start again, and they clearly backed him over that statement as they let him spend a lot that summer to bring in 5 first team players. There’s no doubt the glazers would have sacked him before 1990, probably in his second full season or start of his third. Though owners like the glazers couldn’t exist back then, but I think the board of any other club at the time would have sacked him before 1990.

Were rumours he would get sacked if he lost to forest in the cup as we were an utter shambles that season after the club heavily backed him in the summer. Of course he won the cup and everything progressed season by season from there. So the club later said there was never any chance they would have sacked him, because they could see what he was doing behind the scenes, but who knows. We can say history shows they did back him regardless of whether winning the cup in 1990 saved his job. I think just about every board elsewhere would have sacked him before then.

Thatcher’s right wing neoliberal economic consensus system which lead to the rule change in football, is the seed of the premier league, united becoming a plc, and football becoming all about profit for owners, (and now also sportwashing entities for corruption).

Unread 16-04-2022, 01:03 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Up to around 1983, owners, and I think board members, were more or less banned from making money out of a football club. So, developing the club and winning was the only real motivation. Though edwards supposedly found some way to make some money for himself, but it was constrained.

So in the late 80s, the objective was certainly to win the league, as owners primarily weren’t in it for the money. Top 4 didn’t mean much, particularly as clubs were banned from Europe. United didn’t generate much more money than other big clubs else back then, due to the structure of the game and tv revenue not really taking off yet. And the culture hadn’t really changed yet, as the rule banning owners from making money had only recently been lifted when thatcher took over. So all that was in the early stages.

They certainly backed him up until 1990, when we’d slipped back to mid table after finishing 2nd in his first full season. Think it was in his first book that he went to the board in 1989 and told them he wanted to rip everything up and start again, and they clearly backed him over that statement as they let him spend a lot that summer to bring in 5 first team players. There’s no doubt the glazers would have sacked him before 1990, probably in his second full season or start of his third.

Were rumours he would get sacked if he lost to forest in the cup as we were an utter shambles that season after the club heavily backed him in the summer. Of course he won the cup and everything progressed season by season from there. So the club later said there was never any chance they would have sacked him, because they could see what he was doing behind the scenes, but who knows. Personally, I don’t believe them.

Thatcher’s right wing neoliberal economic consensus system which lead to the rule change in football, is the seed of the premier league, united becoming a plc, and football becoming all about profit for owners, (and now also sportwashing entities for corruption).
Owners made money.

I was in some incredible crushes in various paddocks, all seats filled, then the scoreboard would flash up an attendance of 51 thousand 😂. The ground held 60,000 most of whom paid on the turnstiles

Then there was the brown envelopes

United always made good money from Busbys time onwards

It seemed obvious Sir horse£#%&! would be sacked if losing at Forest…. But I
give the owners the benefit, well Sir Bob and Matt that they saw he brought back the youth set up and what was happening behind the scenes.

Buckle up …. Because it’s gonna get to the ‘Forest stage’ for ETH at some point

Who’s got the balls?

Unread 16-04-2022, 01:05 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Owners made money.

I was in some incredible crushes in various paddocks, all seats filled, then the scoreboard would flash up an attendance of 51 thousand 😂. The ground held 60,000 most of whom paid on the turnstiles

Then there was the brown envelopes

United always made good money from Busbys time onwards

It seemed obvious Sir horses**** would be sacked if losing at Forest…. But I
give the owners the benefit, well Sir Bob and Matt that they saw he brought back the youth set up and what was happening behind the scenes.

Buckle up …. Because it’s gonna get to the ‘Forest stage’ for ETH at some point

Who’s got the balls?
Obviously owners would find a way to make some money, as people will always push the boundaries. But it was constrained by those boundaries, and thus not the primary motivation for being involved in football. Imagine how things would have been different if it wasn’t constrained. In fact, we don’t need to, because we’ve witnessed it over the past 30 years. Both in football and in wider society.

I don’t think any united manager gets to the forest stage anymore. Certainly not after 4 years. Maybe 6 months.

Quote:
Greatest united manager united never had.

Unread 18-04-2022, 08:55 AM
Denis Irwell

Shots fired from big Ralf.

Rangnick: "They [Liverpool] are good, they are extremely good. It's no coincidence that they're as good as they are — six or seven of those players used to be my/our players when we signed them for our clubs when nobody knew them." #mulive

Unread 18-04-2022, 09:44 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Shots fired at some of the clueless dons crying about Ralfie nonstop in every thread.

Same dons sucking Ole off for high fiving Maguire after he gets sent off.
same idiots who cheered Maguire when he scored a goal against Azerbaijan or whoever the £#%&! it was.

“That’s it lad, prove the doubters wrong!”
Closed Thread