United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 14-08-2021, 12:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
First team of the season was always going to be deflating. If we can't roll over Leeds with this XI then we may as well not bother this season.
Yep. There’s one or two other choices he could have made, but just got to trust him, I guess. Leeds are no mugs, we know this. They’ll go for it and if we make one of our patented sleepy starts, it could be a problem. They’re the last team you wanna play of you’re off the pace.

Unread 14-08-2021, 12:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Nice to see the same collection of shitc***s that stumbled to the end of the season back, kill any optimism off nice and early.

Unread 14-08-2021, 12:17 PM
Dasilvatwins

Martial and rashford are the only players missing from the 6-2 . Rashford is injured and martial out for 9 months and has had 10 days training . Be realistic, he has a plan and hopefully they can execute it again.

NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I'm not sure what you're getting at? I'd didn't say players need to be rested

Pretty much the whole starting lineup played in international competitions over the summer.
You’re both right but I dunno why he can’t at least try VdB instead of The Scottish Player or Fred. I’m now going into this game assuming that our midfield will be crap.

Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Oh right, so now he doesn't need a rest, but others do ?

It's safety first shite and everyone knows it, absolutely no harm in throwing Donny, Sancho, martial at Leeds on the first day...
Agree with all of that. Would have all of them playing from the off.

Unread 14-08-2021, 12:19 PM
shenwen

So same as last year's team, but worse.

What a great way to take away the excitement of the new season.

We should sell Beek. Or he should leave. Unless he's injured, being kept on the bench with James, Fred and McT in the team is pointless.

Sancho and Beek on to win the game.

Unread 14-08-2021, 12:21 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
So same as last year's team, but worse.

What a great way to take away the excitement of the new season.

We should sell Beek. Or he should leave. Unless he's injured, being kept on the bench with James, Fred and McT in the team is pointless.

Sancho and Beek on to win the game.
Wouldn’t make much sense selling a player capable of winning games from the bench.

Big game for Greenwood

shenwen

Quote:
How much pre season has Fred had ?
Or Pogba. Played once and looked lost.
While Beeky looked comfortable in a deeper role.

Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
You’re both right but I dunno why he can’t at least try VdB instead of The Scottish Player or Fred. I’m now going into this game assuming that our midfield will be crap.
Get that, I wouldn't mind seeing VDB starting ahead of Fred personally, but if he did then the team wouldn't suddenly go from 'shit and underwhelming' to 'fantastic and exciting'.

And I don't get the complaints about Martial not starting? He's was utter shite before he got injured, based on form and not even taking into account the fact he hasn't played a competitive game for 9 months, I'd prefer James over him.

Unread 14-08-2021, 12:23 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Oh right, so now he doesn't need a rest, but others do ?

It's safety first shite and everyone knows it, absolutely no harm in throwing Donny, Sancho, martial at Leeds on the first day...
Ooh, you was doing well until that point.

Unread 14-08-2021, 12:23 PM
believe

9 months

Unread 14-08-2021, 12:25 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think it’s more a reminder of how this season is another case of clubs not being ready. Euros, copa America, Olympics, Covid, quarantine all affecting clubs preps.
not so much leeds. apart from phillips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Ooh, you was doing well until that point.
would rather see martial than donnie. soz.

Unread 14-08-2021, 12:26 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Get that, I wouldn't mind seeing VDB starting ahead of Fred personally, but if he did then the team wouldn't suddenly go from 'shit and underwhelming' to 'fantastic and exciting'.

And I don't get the complaints about Martial not starting? He's was utter shite before he got injured, based on form and not even taking into account the fact he hasn't played a competitive game for 9 months, I'd prefer James over him.
I don’t necessarily think we’d suddenly turn into a 10/10 team but I think it’s worth a try because we lack so much cohesion in midfield. He’s had a year to bed in, has been patient and deserves a start. Wouldn’t even be disrespectful to Fred or The Scottish Player as I don’t think either has put forward a case that they’re a starting midfielder for any team that wants to win titles.

If VdB turns out to be shit then fair play but we actually know Fred and The Scottish Player are shit already so why keep smacking our heads against a brick wall.

Starting to think Ole is a @#%&!.

Unread 14-08-2021, 12:27 PM
Patty_b

Look at Maguire the magnificent bastard

Let's go!

Unread 14-08-2021, 12:28 PM
NedKelly

Not even gonna address the Martial hate - when they all come crawling back in a few months time realising how wrong they are, that’ll be enough for me.

Hyman_Roth

As much as Martial has been gash - he’s still at the club and he might turn it on this season. Think I’d have started him, sancho and beek.

Anyway..

Dr Stranger

Right, negativity out the way….let’s £#%&!ing go. Come on, United.

Unread 14-08-2021, 12:32 PM
Jethro

Come on lads. Lay a marker.

Unread 14-08-2021, 12:33 PM
My Name is Heath

The Scottish Player has a wonderful haircut.

Won a corner but hugely impressed with his barnet.

Unread 14-08-2021, 12:33 PM
believe

Woman commentator