Vedder

Don’t really rate Tuchel tbh.

Unread 25-01-2021, 01:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Don’t really rate Tuchel tbh.
Sat in on many of his coaching seminars mate ?

Unread 25-01-2021, 01:45 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Sat in on many of his coaching seminars mate ?
No, but he’s been sacked from his last two jobs so pretty safe to assume he’s a bit of a failure no?

Unread 25-01-2021, 01:50 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
No, but he’s been sacked from his last two jobs so pretty safe to assume he’s a bit of a failure no?
Couple of league titles, Mainz to 9th, runner up ECL...

German Poch.

Unread 25-01-2021, 01:53 PM
triple sod

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog...-fashion-shoot

Quote:
Ex-Dortmund boss Thomas Tuchel struts his stuff in fashion shoot
Quote:
As well as being on the very cutting edge of modern coaching innovation, it would appear that Thomas Tuchel is also right on the vanguard when it comes to high fashion as well.
Name on the trophy

Unread 25-01-2021, 01:53 PM
puressence

nice of utd to let chelsea talk to there manager .. wasnt he taking us over weeks ago

Unread 25-01-2021, 02:05 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Couple of league titles, Mainz to 9th, runner up ECL...

German Poch.
I’d win the league with PSG did well to get them to the final but the standard in Europe has been £#%&! for a couple of seasons. He’s a decent manager but sacked after 2 years at Dortmund and PSG

Quote:
Lampard’s relationship with influential director Marina Granovskaia deteriorated

Ralf Rangnick was offered interim job last week for four months but turned it down

Calls were made in recent weeks to sound out Leipzig’s Julian Nagelsmann

Leicester game was tipping point and morning after spent trying to finalise successor

Lampard shook players hands and thanked them for efforts under him after Leicester match

Petr Cech involved in talking to new stars’ agents as form dipped

Some players complained about lack of tactical instruction and not being spoken to for months

Desire to re-sign Declan Rice annoyed his bosses

The dressing room felt manager showed no empathy and were hurt by his public criticism

Lampard would have walked out had he been working for any club other than Chelsea

tensions behind the scenes really began to emerge during the January transfer window 12 months ago. Lampard asked for Arsenal forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who was considering leaving Emirates Stadium at that juncture, and Ajax’s attacking midfielder Hakim Ziyech. Neither arrived that month

it was at this juncture that Mauricio Pochettino, who had been fired by Tottenham in November 2019, and RB Leipzig coach Nagelsmann were being mentioned as a potential “plan B”.

things were becoming more tense with Granovskaia and one of the biggest points of contention was the treatment of goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga. “They clashed over Kepa. Lampard put in a request for a replacement and was told he should try putting his arm around Kepa, to help build his confidence. Lampard was insistent though.”

Lampard wanted the club to sign West Ham midfielder Declan Rice and pushed for him again ahead of January. But some at the club had reservations about re-signing the player who was released from the academy as a teenager.

In December The Athletic were told: “He needs to stop pushing for Rice or he’ll lose his job. The hierarchy are very wary about the potential embarrassment of buying back an academy reject at huge expense.”

of the six players to join, only Ben Chilwell was a Lampard target.

plan was not only to acquire Rice, who Lampard felt could be converted into a top centre back as well as using him as a defensive midfielder, but also to buy James Tarkowski from Burnley. Defenders earmarked to go were Fikayo Tomori, Marcos Alonso, and Rudiger. There was even talk that Lampard was open to the idea of captain Cesar Azpilicueta departing.

after the Manchester City game, Roman became “very, very unhappy”. ( After the season relationship between Roman and Lampard was "strong"

Tuchel was reluctant to come midway through the season initially but was eventually persuaded, having almost taken the Stamford Bridge job before Antonio Conte a few years ago. He felt it was too good a job to turn down.

“The problem was, the manager didn’t talk to the players — well only the ones he liked"

One senior player told The Athletic that Lampard staying on for the rest of the season would have been a ‘catastrophe’, with the levels of tension in the dressing room to high to recover from and players comparing his criticism of performances to Jose Mourinho in his final days at the club.

By the Fulham game in early January, players were expecting Lampard to be sacked if they didn’t win

Lampard warned everyone, including the hierarchy, that a title bid was unlikely in 2020-21, that the arrivals would require patience to settle into a new league and country.

Unread 25-01-2021, 02:25 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
I’d win the league with PSG did well to get them to the final but the standard in Europe has been £#%&! for a couple of seasons. He’s a decent manager but sacked after 2 years at Dortmund and PSG

Quote:
Some players complained about lack of tactical instruction and not being spoken to for months

The dressing room felt manager showed no empathy and were hurt by his public criticism

“The problem was, the manager didn’t talk to the players — well only the ones he liked"

One senior player told The Athletic that Lampard staying on for the rest of the season would have been a ‘catastrophe’, with the levels of tension in the dressing room to high to recover from and players comparing his criticism of performances to Jose Mourinho in his final days at the club.

Sounds like Jose mentored him perfectly!

Unread 25-01-2021, 02:34 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
I’d win the league with PSG did well to get them to the final but the standard in Europe has been **** for a couple of seasons. He’s a decent manager but sacked after 2 years at Dortmund and PSG
How much of that Dortmund is down to klopp running his players into the ground and leaving them playing like they’re all on the piss?

Not worried about tuchel I don’t think he will even last 18 months, he has inherited a squad which has been misfiring in attack and a very poor defence , probably needs a brand new back 4. He also lacks leaders and he isn’t one that exudes “manager mentality”. He needs to be ruthless with two or three players and he won’t be.

One big plus we got with ole is getting rid of the the shit@#%&!s.
Young, Valencia, fellaini, Sanchez, darmian etc

Unread 25-01-2021, 02:35 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Sounds like Jose mentored him perfectly!
Lampard has always struck me as a bit cliquey, both as a player and now as a manager. He was probably ignoring the players because he was too busy looking at himself in the mirror, trying different poses so as to look cool and mean and moody on the touchline the utter £#%&!ing weapon.

Unread 25-01-2021, 02:46 PM
puressence

tbh i thought only one man would get the job .. bielsa

Unread 25-01-2021, 02:58 PM
dunk

Long may that sort of background bullshit plague Chelsea

Unread 25-01-2021, 02:58 PM
tatty

I'm surprised they aren't trying to get Brendan Rogers.

I know we used to take the piss out of him but I think he'd sort Chelsea out in no time.

Unread 25-01-2021, 03:53 PM
Vida_15

Tuchel is an experienced manager who's won trophies plus he knows Havertz and Werner from his time at Dortmund

He'll make them more organized and improve on their defensive issues....if he does that and can get the best out of the three foreign guys(havertz, werner and ziyech) then Chelsea will turn things around at some point this season. Problem is that it could take a bit of time for his ideas to bed in and that is time they don't currently have given where they are in the table.

Unread 25-01-2021, 04:06 PM
Dr Stranger

Can’t be doing with that little Niles Crane #@&%!.

Looking forward to hating him more than I do now 👍

Unread 25-01-2021, 04:11 PM
dunk

Interesting that only Chilwell was his signing. Doesn't suggest they had long term plans for Frankie. Whoever is looking after the transfers at Chelsea has been doing his football manager/FIFA scouting..

Unread 25-01-2021, 04:22 PM
Ethers

£#%&! me, why don’t you just marry Chelsea’s transfer policy pal?

Unread 25-01-2021, 04:24 PM
Sloppy

Unread 25-01-2021, 04:25 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Unread 25-01-2021, 04:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
£#%&! me, why don’t you just marry Chelsea’s transfer policy pal?
I'd rather the manager had a say in the players signed tbh.
Closed Thread