United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-12-2020, 04:05 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
And most of them are thick as £#%&!. Can’t hold a proper conversation.
I've just googled what Perry Groves look like as £#%&!.

so we've got balding, squashed face boring bastards all over the place.

this is the level of debate we are treated to

Unread 01-12-2020, 04:14 PM
bosskeano

i actually like Carragher and Neville together because they aren't afraid to speak their minds about something controversial and definitely aren't afraid of some good banter

too many of these older pundits just £#%&!ing argue and talk so they can hear themselves like that old @#%&! Souness

Unread 01-12-2020, 06:00 PM
believe

Very unlikable character. Remember watching that thing he did with Keane and he just comes across as a right #@&%!. “What I’ve got to say is more Important than what you’ve got to say” was something he said at one point.

This popped up my YouTube yesterday, not sure how old it is but it sums him up perfectly.

Unread 01-12-2020, 07:15 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
i actually like Carragher and Neville together because they aren't afraid to speak their minds about something controversial and definitely aren't afraid of some good banter

too many of these older pundits just £#%&!ing argue and talk so they can hear themselves like that old @#%&! Souness
Can you imagine a night out with them two? £#%&!ing hell they’d put the world to rights wouldnt they? Eh? Too right, I bet without the cameras there’d be all sorts of bloody stories they could tell. Absolutely bloody all sorts. Bet they can hold their own too. Heard Carra can sink 5 pints one after the other . and he definitely isn’t afraid to nail some muffin when he’s been on it all day. Say no more. Proper lads.

Unread 01-12-2020, 07:25 PM
bosskeano

oh no doubt....former players you know they have some brilliant stories they could tell and without question would be enjoyable having a few pints with

Unread 01-12-2020, 07:29 PM
Carlton

Quote:
What do they call it, ‘concept creep’? The arguments will remain, the parameters just change. So, instead of just complaining about the ref, we can now complain about the ref, the tech, the official on VAR and the application of it.

There’s two very basic reasons I have never liked VAR and want it gone. Firstly, it isn’t reducing the numbers of errors or controversy. Very few decisions in football are matter of fact and their attempts to objective the subjective are causing more problems than solving. We’re more disheartened by officiating than we’ve ever been. It’s failing in the spirit of what it’s meant to do.

Secondly, it’s f***ing boring!

Football is meant to be imperfect. We’ve been watching it for 100+ years with all its flaws. You can get screwed out of titles and moments of glory by a decision. That’s always been a factor and we’ve all come back for more. Since the money has gone batshit mental, there seems to be a bigger emphasis on ‘they must get these decisions right because it costs money’. No.

I really really HATE the fact that you can’t celebrate a goal because it might be disallowed. That Cavani winner had 5% chipped off it because I was worried he was offside.

If it’s between getting occasionally f***ed by a decision or the death of any kind of spontaneous joy, I’ll take the former every single day of the week.
That’s the medicine fight there.

VAR is the refuge of the nerd.

Unread 01-12-2020, 07:37 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
This popped up my YouTube yesterday, not sure how old it is but it sums him up perfectly.

https://youtu.be/Nbvu7zkXGtY

Never heard that before; it's amazing.

"You know... used to play for Arsenal".

Unread 01-12-2020, 08:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’ve long suspected he had his eye on Gordon Taylor’s job.
And tbf to him, that might be more suited to him than punditry.

Unread 01-12-2020, 08:20 PM
utd99

Quote:
Very unlikable character. Remember watching that thing he did with Keane and he just comes across as a right #@&%!. “What I’ve got to say is more Important than what you’ve got to say” was something he said at one point.

I think that was the moment I properly turned on him, and don’t forget the “£#%&!’s sake” as he turned away as well. Totally unprofessional. He may have been right, and invasive interviewers are annoying, but you have to be one arrogant @#%&! who believes his own press to do that. You’d think a journeyman pro who failed the one time he tried to practice what he preached would have a little more humility tbh.

Unread 01-12-2020, 08:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
I think that was the moment I properly turned on him, and don’t forget the “£#%&!’s sake” as he turned away as well. Totally unprofessional. He may have been right, and invasive interviewers are annoying, but you have to be one arrogant @#%&! who believes his own press to do that. You’d think a journeyman pro who failed the one time he tried to practice what he preached would have a little more humility tbh.
When was this?

Unread 01-12-2020, 08:35 PM
andyroo

Quote:
When was this?
Valencia

Unread 01-12-2020, 09:18 PM
Cream

Quote:
To be fair he was showing off in front of Roy.

Came across as a battle of wills with the interviewer. Like something you’d do in a boardroom battle. Gary is nobody’s Beta...

Unread 01-12-2020, 09:41 PM
Carlton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
To be fair he was showing off in front of Roy.

Came across as a battle of wills with the interviewer. Like something you’d do in a boardroom battle. Gary is nobody’s Beta...
Except Vieira’s obvs

Unread 02-12-2020, 12:02 PM
utd99

Quote:
When was this?

47:20

Unread 02-12-2020, 02:00 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
ffs

the police? why the £#%&! would they care?

Unread 02-12-2020, 02:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Ah right, I remember that one. Haven’t seen much of it though. Nice one 👍

Unread 02-12-2020, 04:45 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
fantastic stuff in there....you could tell listening how much respect/fear that the players had towards Keano

Unread 02-12-2020, 05:03 PM
Dr Stranger

Just has the whole thing on in the background at home.

Great stuff. You see a lot of ‘classic Keane’ but also how a lot of it is an act. Neville touches on it, but what we hear about a lot of these personalities are just an image. As Keane says, they’re almost like actors.

Keane sounds like he was more popular and liked than the image of him would suggest.

The grudges though. Can’t get on board with that I’m definitely more of a ‘life is too short’ type.

Unread 02-12-2020, 06:32 PM
believe

Quote:
Just has the whole thing on in the background at home.

Great stuff. You see a lot of ‘classic Keane’ but also how a lot of it is an act. Neville touches on it, but what we hear about a lot of these personalities are just an image. As Keane says, they’re almost like actors.

Keane sounds like he was more popular and liked than the image of him would suggest.

The grudges though. Can’t get on board with that I’m definitely more of a ‘life is too short’ type.
I’m not sure Keane has grudges though, I honestly think he has a grudge with Ferguson because Ferguson has a grudge and he’s making a point out of it.

I watched an interview with Carragher recently who talks about how he loves working with Keane and I imagine that’s how everyone sees him.

Neville is on the borderline though because despite how good he was for us he’s in danger of alienating himself from the people who have allowed him to continue his career path. I can honestly see him ending up like Phil Thompson.

Unread 02-12-2020, 08:11 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:

The last time I watched this, I saw Neville in the Munich tunnel after game.

He had Webbeh looking after him. Part of me wanted to ask if he managed to have a word with Tony Adams’ son.
Closed Thread