United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-04-2009, 06:49 PM
magic_cantona

Default Not selling Heinze to the Vermin.And a Cahill question.

With hindsight, a very bad move.

At the time though, I suppose I was like every other United fan and just didn't want us to sell to them.

Secondly, would Tim Cahill get into our team? And/or, would you like us to make a move for him in the summer?

Thanks for your time on these very diverse questions.

Unread 14-04-2009, 06:51 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

At the time though, I suppose I was like every other United fan and just didn't want us to sell to them.

Secondly, would Tim Cahill get into our team? And/or, would you like us to make a move for him in the summer?

can't see why selling him to real was a bad move. cahill would.

i appreciate this platform you have given me.

Unread 14-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Argentina

Not the type of player we need.

If we do get him, we'd still have midfield issues, but we would score a hell of lot more goals without creating more chances. He's the closest thing to Scholes was back in the day with popping up at the right time in the right place.

I suppose scoring more goals with just one signing is a good one, so yeh.

Unread 14-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Mr_Ed

Cahill would be a good squad player - maybe he'd compliment Hargo well next season. Still think Carrick is a better all round player despite his lack of goals.

I never want to see somebody who I respected having played in our shirt play for them - ever. I'd even be gutted if the Djemba twins turned up in any of their shit shirts.

Unread 14-04-2009, 06:54 PM
mark o

Cahill is a very good player who I rate.

If Hargreaves is going to be fit next season then there will not be a place for him. If on the other hand he will still be struggling then a move for him would not be a bad idea.

I would decided after taking doctor's advice.

Unread 14-04-2009, 06:54 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Not the type of player we need.

If we do get him, we'd still have midfield issues, but we would score a hell of lot more goals without creating more chances. He's the closest thing to Scholes was back in the day with popping up at the right time in the right place.

I suppose scoring more goals with just one signing is a good one, so yeh.
Heinze is a defender, mate.

Unread 14-04-2009, 06:55 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

Ahem...........do you mean "Super Timmy Cahill"? If so yes.

As for your first qestion, I think Ferie was right not to sell to the mickeys.

Hth. Mull x

Unread 14-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

Unread 14-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

Sometimes debatable !

He was never the same after his big injury.

Unread 14-04-2009, 07:19 PM
dunk

I wanted shut of Heinze, and as much as I don't want to sell to Liverpool, under any circumstances, I wasn't that fussed about Heinze landing there, especially if he was going to play LB.

As for Cahill, no. Not a good enough all round player. Good for goal getting, not much else, tbh.

Unread 14-04-2009, 07:24 PM
armchair

Cahill would get a lot of games for United. He can play just about anywhere in midfield or upfront.

Unread 14-04-2009, 07:29 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I wanted shut of Heinze, and as much as I don't want to sell to Liverpool, under any circumstances, I wasn't that fussed about Heinze landing there, especially if he was going to play LB.

As for Cahill, no. Not a good enough all round player. Good for goal getting, not much else, tbh.
Disagree with the Cahill bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Cahill would get a lot of games for United. He can play just about anywhere in midfield or upfront.
agree.

Unread 14-04-2009, 07:36 PM
dunk

The reason Cahill plays upfront or just off the striker for Everton is because he isn't much cop in midfield (and the injuries, obviously), were he at United, he wouldn't get near the midfield, he is a smaller, weaker, poorer Frank Lampard, who can head the ball. Up front he gets goals with his ability to head the ball and Everton's tactics. He wouldn't get a game upfront for United, either, IMO.

Fellaini is where it's at

Unread 19-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Switching Off

Thumbs up Tim Cahill

Top red

Unread 19-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Sleazy @#%&!

armchair

He'd consider Barcelona but never Liverpool.

believe

said all the right things

Unread 19-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Bunker Buster

Cahill is Very overated. He wouldnt get many games for United.

He works and trys hard...Thats about it.

Poor mans Darren Fletchageddon.

Unread 19-04-2009, 03:58 PM
wonky no

cahill is a far better and more effective player than anderson. i don't see an argument against that really. so if we're going to entertain the fact that anderson is going get games then you'd have to say cahill would.

Unread 19-04-2009, 04:00 PM
armchair

Anderson is a completely different type of player. I don't think I've ever even seen him head the ball.
Closed Thread