Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-04-2022, 07:34 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Spot on.

@AK 14

Some people in here have been hating HATONG United for years.....

Things will get better.
Not sure what this means tbh.

But thanks for thinking of me, I guess.

Unread 03-04-2022, 07:41 PM
HarkNowHear

It is rather toilet at the moment without a satnav or lucky horseshoe. It’s the reds though isn’t it. For decades we’ve walked around the stadium on none match day because it’s our Mecca. It’s gonna be a long drive back but we’ve been there before.

Unread 03-04-2022, 07:42 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Not sure what this means tbh.

But thanks for thinking of me, I guess.
Bit worried about you, been negative on United for years, need to pick fellow reds up ..

Unread 03-04-2022, 07:44 PM
AK14

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Bit worried about you, been negative on United for years, need to pick fellow reds up ..
Ah.

Unread 03-04-2022, 07:46 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy acorn
We're in 7th place as of today, lowest we can come is eighth. So we're in the Europa Conference league spot, and could face the likes of Jablonec, Anorthosis, Bodo/Glimt or the mighty Kairac at OT next season.
Sound like characters from bloody Star Wars or something

Unread 04-04-2022, 08:36 AM
Seamus

its all anyone wants to talk about. Yep we are shit so please end this conversation

Unread 04-04-2022, 09:10 AM
92ToBury

I think a dose of reality goes a long way.

Throw in that if it were Chelsea and Spurs competing for the titles instead of our two most hated enemies and it would be a lot easier handling being our old 80s mediocre again, albeit without Robbo to give us any hope.

The dressing room is clearly split - ref Maguire and Shaw's comments midweek about England being a happier set up. We've had false dawns a few times, massive mismanagement and concerns about the club finances since 2005 and had to watch the club bled dry as not enough of us stood up to them back then. Sadly, those that aren't complaining are probably past caring and have accepted the grim reality that we're £#%&!ed until the owners leave and there's a wholesale change in the mentality of the club and its staff.

Up the £#%&!ing Reds.

Unread 09-04-2022, 02:33 PM
no fun

Any optimists left?

Unread 09-04-2022, 02:42 PM
Drexl

Yep!

Cannot wait for this summer, new broom bastards we are here

Unread 09-04-2022, 02:47 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Any optimists left?
What’s an optimist?

Unread 09-04-2022, 02:49 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
What’s an optimist?
I've still got a glass.

Unread 09-04-2022, 03:53 PM
no fun

I know not everyone can achieve this state of mind, but it really helps if you can train yourself to not give a £#%&! if we win lose or draw

Last time I can recall feeling really pissed off was when we drew 3-3 at home to Everton last season after throwing away a 2 goal lead

Even the city and Liverpool results this season didn’t get to me, maybe I’m not a top red but it feels better for it

Unread 09-04-2022, 03:59 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
I know not everyone can achieve this state of mind, but it really helps if you can train yourself to not give a £#%&! if we win lose or draw

Last time I can recall feeling really pissed off was when we drew 3-3 at home to Everton last season after throwing away a 2 goal lead

Even the city and Liverpool results this season didn’t get to me, maybe I’m not a top red but it feels better for it
Think I’m getting there. I’m trying to atleast because the players will get dicked at anfield against the scousers . At some point it just isn’t good for your health. Especially when the players don’t even care

Unread 09-04-2022, 04:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

That 3-3 was when we were looking good and pushing towards the top. The games always hurt more when there’s stakes. The games now washing over is only serve as a reminder of how familiar it is and how little it matters.

We weren’t getting 4th (not the title. £#%&!ing 4th place) win, lose or draw today.

Unread 09-04-2022, 04:12 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
That 3-3 was when we were looking good and pushing towards the top. The games always hurt more when there’s stakes. The games now washing over is only serve as a reminder of how familiar it is and how little it matters.

We weren’t getting 4th (not the title. £#%&!ing 4th place) win, lose or draw today.
The last few years my football following is almost “ I hope city and the scousers lose” I watch the champions league hoping someone kicks them out . United are so far from it ,it’s a joke. That’s how far they’ve fallen. Every £#%&!ing year its , “let’s see if city or the scousers can lose this game”

Unread 09-04-2022, 04:27 PM
suedeshoes

I don't really get bothered by the impact of results anymore. I want to win when I'm watching it but I'm thinking about something else 5 minutes later. I'd like to win things obv but I'm not arsed about 'top 4' or 'CL'. I just want the team to try hard, play nice football and be good to watch.

Unread 09-04-2022, 04:41 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The last few years my football following is almost “ I hope city and the scousers lose” I watch the champions league hoping someone kicks them out . United are so far from it ,it’s a joke. That’s how far they’ve fallen. Every £#%&!ing year its , “let’s see if city or the scousers can lose this game”
I’m even past the point of that tbh. I can do that more when
It’s isolated. Like 2014, Liverpool’s title charge came virtually
Out of nowhere, or 2005 champions league - play don’t let them rag a one-off out of nowhere…. But they’re genuinely good now. City too. It’s the current natural order of things. Hoping the two best teams
In the world don’t win things, while we’re so unrelentingly shit really is just pissing in the wind. And if they don’t win this year, it’ll be next year, or it’ll be close. Until United actually get better, there’s just nothing to hang your hat on.

Unread 09-04-2022, 04:58 PM
HarkNowHear

Its a long time since Billy Meredith got the bus to the game.

Unread 09-04-2022, 11:30 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
Its a long time since Billy Meredith got the bus to the game.
Probably a trolleybus back then.

Unread 10-04-2022, 12:05 AM
Slice

I've just had enough.

It's depressing.
Closed Thread