United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-12-2023, 10:03 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
This is my big problem. We get a result or put in a performance that should invigorate us at least a bit but then in our very next game, play like we despise playing football.
Maybe the players are lifting their game. Maybe we have 2-3 other players playing every game because of injuries, maybe ETH is instructing them to play slightly differently?

It’s hard to get any form of consistency when your back 4 changes every game. Even our front three from the Villa game, Garnacho started on the right rashford left and Hojlund middle.

Because of the lack of CF we had two of our strikers playing in a Different position to the Villa game where they excelled (a little bit) and £#%&! Antony starting.

Eriksen having to play twice in 5 days is another no-no. But who else doe we have? Amrabat who is injured , The Scottish Player who is shit? Casemiro who is injured?

Dalot at LB because our fat shit LB is injured again. 35 year old injured Johnny Evans because lindelof, Maguire and Martinez are injured .

You can’t implement any form of consistency if you play with a different team practically every game. Anyone who’s played at any level will tell you this. 2-3 changes maybe , but we are seeing our 4/5th choice players having to play.

ETH obviously shouldn’t have taken off Mainoo? And hopefully he plays Amad ahead of Antony but most of his starting XI is forced from injuries.

I get the anger and frustration because the football has been really boring and poor. Like the game itself isn’t even exciting to watch. But it’s like people forget throughout the whole season we haven’t once played a single game with a full strength XI. Infact I don’t think we have even had a single game where only 3-4 players were out.

I’m pretty sure for the whole season we have had 5+ players out .(Sancho and greenwood issue ontop of that)

Everybody has injuries and you have the deal with them. But not every body has 6 first team players out for the whole season.

Not making excuses for him, think last night the The Scottish Player decision was poor and he has made mistakes in other games but it’s almost like a lot of people aren’t factoring into the account he’s practically had to play with half his reserve squad the whole season.

Unread 31-12-2023, 10:13 AM
believe

I don’t think “form of consistency” is a thing.

At what point do we stop making excuses for him and just say he’s not good enough? His man management is absolutely shocking, he seems tactically naive and his stubborn refusal to change something that isn’t working makes him look weird as £#%&!.

Mourinho came in fell out with half the team and played shit football and people called him a useless toxic @#%&!. Really can’t see at this stage how ten hag is any different.

Unread 31-12-2023, 10:21 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I don’t think “form of consistency” is a thing.

At what point do we stop making excuses for him and just say he’s not good enough? His man management is absolutely shocking, he seems tactically naive and his stubborn refusal to change something that isn’t working makes him look weird as £#%&!.

Mourinho came in fell out with half the team and played shit football and people called him a useless toxic @#%&!. Really can’t see at this stage how ten hag is any different.
Apart from Ronaldo and Sancho, who's he "fallen out with" that we absolutely know for certain?

Agree with more or less everything else.

Unread 31-12-2023, 10:23 AM
Finport Red

I get all the stuff about the injuries, the constant churn of players associated with that etc, but I’m really finding it difficult now to get past the fact that we create chances when we are losing, but not before that. I think that happens despite the manager, not because of him.

We set up not to lose and, because of that we regularly lose because, once the opposition score, they sit further back, defend their goal and catch us on the break. It’s the same almost every week, and shows no real sign of changing.

Unread 31-12-2023, 10:27 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Apart from Ronaldo and Sancho, who's he "fallen out with" that we absolutely know for certain?

ronaldo

Unread 31-12-2023, 10:31 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
I get all the stuff about the injuries, the constant churn of players associated with that etc, but I’m really finding it difficult now to get past the fact that we create chances when we are losing, but not before that. I think that happens despite the manager, not because of him.

We set up not to lose and, because of that we regularly lose because, once the opposition score, they sit further back, defend their goal and catch us on the break. It’s the same almost every week, and shows no real sign of changing.
Agree with this. Yes we've had bad injuries, but we lose Hojlund and then go to absolute shit? That's not how it works. Maybe if he played a midfield for 90 mins, didn't play a shit right back at left back, didn't keep playing Antony and didn't have the team passing backwards and sideways for 60 minutes, then maybe it wouldn't matter so much than one player misses a game.

Unread 31-12-2023, 10:31 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

His treatment of Maguire last year was shocking, the way he handled the de Gea situation, everyone was convinced he’d had a fallout with Varane until he had no choice but to pick him. There’ll be others but they’re all just examples of him being a bad manager.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, people can bang on about injuries and what options he’s had but barring maybe City and Liverpool there’s not been one game where I’ve looked at the two sides and thought we were a weaker side yet we constantly play like we are.

Unread 31-12-2023, 10:40 AM
larry

the first mistake 10h has made since taking over:

Quote:
“I don’t regret [the substitution]. I thought Scott, he brought energy, I think second half was much better [from] our side," the boss added.

“I think the first goal, when you analyse it good, it went down the sides. Nothing to do with the central midfielder there.

“The second goal was a counter-attack, where I think it was a miscommunication, we had enough players.

“The second part of it [Gibbs-White’s finish], in the first half, there were already some moments where Gibbs-White ran away, it was good play, but we should have tracked that.”"

Unread 31-12-2023, 10:42 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
His treatment of Maguire last year was shocking, the way he handled the de Gea situation, everyone was convinced he’d had a fallout with Varane until he had no choice but to pick him. There’ll be others but they’re all just examples of him being a bad manager.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, people can bang on about injuries and what options he’s had but barring maybe City and Liverpool there’s not been one game where I’ve looked at the two sides and thought we were a weaker side yet we constantly play like we are.
Everyone wanted Maguire sold and him definitely not being captain if he didn't go - EtH tried to sell him and stripped him of the captaincy. The fact he's started to play quite well since we've been in the shit with injuries is a moot point. He's still not the answer. And all I heard was praise from Ten Hag for Maguire tbh.

De Gea was asked to stay but not on his mega contract, he wouldn't budge (apparently) - most agreed he needed to be moved on and we needed a better keeper.

What did EtH do wrong there? With either? Maguire was dropped while Martinez and Varane played brilliantly and we won a trophy etc. De Gea only seems to be a bad decision because Onana has been so bad.

Nobody knows what Varanes problem is apart from he's said the volume of games is too much and he's never been able to play 2 games every week. Again, we don't know what's been said between him and Varane but I'm not sure he's treated Maguire terribly when every £#%&!er wanted him gone.

Unread 31-12-2023, 10:42 AM
Ethers

Quote:

His treatment of Maguire was shocking

Scraping the barrel there.

Unread 31-12-2023, 10:53 AM
Whip Hubley

He handled maguire and DDG pretty much exactly how a lot of people wanted him to handle it, and a lot of people on here were praising him at the time

He's making enough mistakes without making shit up

Unread 31-12-2023, 10:57 AM
larry

i dont think 10h could have handled our shit@#%&!s better than he has, it's been a masterclass
unfortunately he was let down this summer and couldn't finally get rid of scott and harry but that's not his fault

Unread 31-12-2023, 11:12 AM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red

it's been the same for several years and was a major criticism of ole. I've been so disappointed with how little impact ETH has had on improving our control of matches against inferior opposition.

the progress many thought was made last season was probably not there. I think we won more matches than our performances deserved. the football was still dour and heavily reliant on rashfords form. our GD last season was mid table level and 13 of our 23 wins were by 1 goal (9/10 this season so far).

to play like that you need a solid defence and match winners up front. a combination of injuries and awful recruitment means we've gone backwards in those areas this season.

so a game like yesterday, which we might have nicked 1-0 last year we end up losing.

Unread 31-12-2023, 11:24 AM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
i dont think 10h could have handled our shit@#%&!s better than he has, it's been a masterclass
unfortunately he was let down this summer and couldn't finally get rid of scott and harry but that's not his fault
A masterclass in allowing the old shit@#%&!s to continue to play like shit@#%&!s, while bringing in new shit@#%&!s to add to the general climate of shit@#%&!ery?

Unread 31-12-2023, 11:34 AM
plopborsky

Eth can £#%&! off, I have no clue what his sides try to do and whatever that is he sticks with it even when we get shit on in big games.

I think I knew it was him when we half showed up in the fa cup final. Get rid

Unread 31-12-2023, 11:43 AM
marlo

If this was mourinho or rangnick the masses in here would be calling for them to be sacked but because it’s your Dutch faux tactician there’s always an excuse.

he hasn’t improved us in anyway since coming in and if anything we are worse.

I said in the summer that we should just buy forwards as we are so easily to play against but as a stepping stone we can be a “you score 2, we score 3” sort of team like Liverpool that slowly tighten up the midfield and build from there

Instead we are the worse of both worlds we are easily to score against and we struggle to score
This man is an abomination.
2nd season running and we are celebrating with “relief” our striker scoring a goal. Happened when weghorst nearly cried on his knees after scoring a goal and now the same with Hojlund
I thought we had standards that sancho wasn’t playing up to?
Luton town have score more goals that us, can you lot even name 2 of their forwards?
But yeah all he needs is time and his own squad. We will be in bigger trouble that if we let that happen.

Every other game we are soundly beaten mostly by teams with managers who have spent less and even been in the job a shorter period.

We’ve been unlucky with injuries but it’s only because you lot have a obsession with the coach that you aren’t questioning all our players keep getting muscle injuries while we also look the most legged during games…..

Unread 31-12-2023, 12:03 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
https://x.com/madnessfc4/status/1741...Nn5G1bnpwj1gww

If this was mourinho or rangnick the masses in here would be calling for them to be sacked but because it’s your Dutch faux tactician there’s always an excuse.

he hasn’t improved us in anyway since coming in and if anything we are worse.

I said in the summer that we should just buy forwards as we are so easily to play against but as a stepping stone we can be a “you score 2, we score 3” sort of team like Liverpool that slowly tighten up the midfield and build from there

Instead we are the worse of both worlds we are easily to score against and we struggle to score
This man is an abomination.
2nd season running and we are celebrating with “relief” our striker scoring a goal. Happened when weghorst nearly cried on his knees after scoring a goal and now the same with Hojlund
I thought we had standards that sancho wasn’t playing up to?
Luton town have score more goals that us, can you lot even name 2 of their forwards?
But yeah all he needs is time and his own squad. We will be in bigger trouble that if we let that happen.

Every other game we are soundly beaten mostly by teams with managers who have spent less and even been in the job a shorter period.

We’ve been unlucky with injuries but it’s only because you lot have a obsession with the coach that you aren’t questioning all our players keep getting muscle injuries while we also look the most legged during games…..
The players we got in this summer were his. Not a single one has done well,we have not addressed any of the issues which were clear last year. I am sick to £#%&!ing death of hearing about club structure. He’s signed shit with shit tactics.

Unread 31-12-2023, 12:14 PM
marlo

Played 28 games , lost 14 this season.

Manchester United.

And the manager once said “at this club there are standards you have uphold”

Unread 31-12-2023, 12:22 PM
tatty

How many managers are we going to go through the pantomime with until the penny drops.

It is the owners.

The club buys huge stars to please the sponsors…those players don’t want to play for United because they know it’s rotting…and their attitude consequently stinks because they know they’re bullet proof.

Accepting that the Glazer’s are going nowhere means accepting what United actually is now…not what it was…and planning a way out accordingly.

Not going to happen though so the only solution I can see is a few years of mid table finishes that keep the club out of Europe and diminishing in fans and sponsors eyes.

Unread 31-12-2023, 12:32 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
How many managers are we going to go through the pantomime with until the penny drops.

It is the owners.

The club buys huge stars to please the sponsors…those players don’t want to play for United because they know it’s rotting…and their attitude consequently stinks because they know they’re bullet proof.

Accepting that the Glazer’s are going nowhere means accepting what United actually is now…not what it was…and planning a way out accordingly.

Not going to happen though so the only solution I can see is a few years of mid table finishes that keep the club out of Europe and diminishing in fans and sponsors eyes.
Anthony 85mil 0 goals
Mount 60mil 0 goals
Rasmus 60mil 1 goal
Onana - let’s in pure goals

How is that a sponsors dream ? Not like they are huge names creating sponsorship revenue. They are just £#%&!ing shit. Now if we had gone in and got Neymar etc I could have agreed with you.

The structure in the club means the manager has full control. Issue is ours is not good enough to manage that

Just to add I think the players give a £#%&!. Not like they are not trying or working hard. They are not good enough and we have no system that fits the players the manager has brought in
Closed Thread