United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 07-12-2023, 09:02 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
I got slated on here for saying he was a young lad in a new country and would need time to settle.
Who by, the ghost of christmas strawman?

Pretty sure everybody and their dog was saying that.

Unread 07-12-2023, 09:04 AM
believe

I think pretty much everyone on here said in the summer that a good season for him would be to get settled playing behind a more seasoned striker and chip in with 10-15 goals. It’s hardly his fault he’s been made the number one striker and we’re relying so heavily on him.

Once that ball goes in the box and he slots it away and everyone then realizes how simple it it he’ll never stop scoring.

Unread 07-12-2023, 10:39 AM
Whip Hubley

Movement is good, has strength, great pace, absolutely just needs a goal.

Not even remotely worried. More than anything though he needs a properly experienced no.9 to both take the pressure off and learn from in training.

Doubt Martial is offering much in the way of an education.

Unread 07-12-2023, 10:42 AM
Zorg

Bottom of the list of concerns. Going to be a top, top player :redknapp:

Unread 07-12-2023, 10:46 AM
jem

he's not helped by having wide players who look to cut in and shoot. now that shaw is back (or if 10h notices that sergio is an option with shaw middle, as he belatedly did last night), he might get better service.

Unread 07-12-2023, 10:47 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Movement is good, has strength, great pace, absolutely just needs a goal.

Not even remotely worried. More than anything though he needs a properly experienced no.9 to both take the pressure off and learn from in training.

Doubt Martial is offering much in the way of an education.
Imagine that conversation

“Yeah but if I run really fast in to the box I’ll have a good chance of scoring”
“Non, non. We only run once every seis months and every time we run we get more money :tapsnose:”

Unread 07-12-2023, 10:47 AM
Baron

He looks mint to me, I can't imagine how frustrated he is with literally everyone else spurning chance after chance & not playing him in across the goal every game.

He's always there, just the final pass seems to go (inexplicably) to someone else in a worse position or somebody smashes a ridiculous cross-shot across the goal without any composure.

He's only 20, but I think he needs to get his %@#$&!ing voice out & absolutely rinse the next @#%&! that doesn't put it on a plate for him when he's stood there in acres of space waiting to finish.

How does it happen so easily in the CL & yet no £#%&!er can do the simple thing in the league?

Quality with his back to goal, excellent at the press - no wonder he's knackered though, he's young & will get even stronger.

Unread 07-12-2023, 10:57 AM
Bunker Buster

Shades of Forlan now....

Needs a big league goal maybe the winner against Liverpool......

Unread 07-12-2023, 11:03 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Shades of Forlan now....
nope.

Unread 07-12-2023, 11:06 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He looks mint to me, I can't imagine how frustrated he is with literally everyone else spurning chance after chance & not playing him in across the goal every game.

He's always there, just the final pass seems to go (inexplicably) to someone else in a worse position or somebody smashes a ridiculous cross-shot across the goal without any composure.

He's only 20, but I think he needs to get his %@#$&!ing voice out & absolutely rinse the next @#%&! that doesn't put it on a plate for him when he's stood there in acres of space waiting to finish.

How does it happen so easily in the CL & yet no £#%&!er can do the simple thing in the league?

Quality with his back to goal, excellent at the press - no wonder he's knackered though, he's young & will get even stronger.
This. He's obviously going to be a great player. He's got the lot.

Unread 07-12-2023, 11:11 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Shades of Forlan now....

Forlan was a superb player, just not for us

Hojlund is far better, and far younger when he joined.

Unread 07-12-2023, 11:12 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:

And, you know, has 5 in 5 in the CL

Unread 07-12-2023, 11:13 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

I'm referencing the goal drought mate, not the hair or career arc ..

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:29 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
I'm referencing the goal drought mate, not the hair or career arc ..
he has 5 goals. please see above.

Unread 07-12-2023, 03:22 PM
beersexchipsgravy

Makes some great runs but ends up on his own. Just needs a bit of support (not Rashford) and he'll be a belter.

Unread 07-12-2023, 04:32 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Shades of Forlan now....

when did wieghorst score first for us ?

Unread 07-12-2023, 06:20 PM
larry

he also does have a league goal for us (the ball WAS NOT out)

Unread 08-12-2023, 10:12 AM
marlo

I must be watching a different player it seems

he is young so it’s not really a dig at him but he doesn’t seem to have the clever movements that instinctive strikers should do…even at a young age.

he isn’t even in the positions to miss the chances.
Nunez for example misses alot but he is getting in the positions to miss , soemthing Hojlund is not doing
this has nothing to do with “service” because we aren’t servicing The Scottish Player but he has 5 chances to score on Wednesday and bagged 2 of them. He was getting to the ball where Hojlund just doesn’t

When we tread into the dangerous territory of saying he is “unlucky” then it’s abit mad. Strikers make their own luck and he should have nicked a goal or 3 in the league right now.
Also can he hit a ball clean with his laces, I’ve never seen him taking and shots from distance etc

I think his Scandinavian aesthetic makes him look better than he is because if haaland. At the moment he is just running around. He is very young and raw so it’s acceptable but I’m not gonna pretend he is great because he isn’t doing much.

Unread 08-12-2023, 10:16 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I must be watching a different player it seems

he is young so it’s not really a dig at him but he doesn’t seem to have the clever movements that instinctive strikers should do…even at a young age.

he isn’t even in the positions to miss the chances.
Nunez for example misses alot but he is getting in the positions to miss , soemthing Hojlund is not doing
this has nothing to do with “service” because we aren’t servicing The Scottish Player but he has 5 chances to score on Wednesday and bagged 2 of them. He was getting to the ball where Hojlund just doesn’t

When we tread into the dangerous territory of saying he is “unlucky” then it’s abit mad. Strikers make their own luck and he should have nicked a goal or 3 in the league right now.
Also can he hit a ball clean with his laces, I’ve never seen him taking and shots from distance etc

I think his Scandinavian aesthetic makes him look better than he is because if haaland. At the moment he is just running around. He is very young and raw so it’s acceptable but I’m not gonna pretend he is great because he isn’t doing much.
He’s joint top scorer in the CL…

Unread 08-12-2023, 10:17 AM
suedeshoes

'Scandinavian aesthetic' - is this your first time using the marlo log-in?