United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-11-2023, 02:02 PM
marlo

what manager did simon Jordan just recommend....

Unread 02-11-2023, 02:11 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
https://x.com/centredevils/status/17...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

And so it begins.

I’d love the club to come out and publicly back him. Make it clear that no amount of doubt of moaning from the players will matter.
It's a nice idea but what will it achieve? The players aren't suddenly going to stop complaining, they're not going to turn their form around just because they think the manager will be staying on.

We've got a minimum of 32 matches left this season, that's 32 opportunities to embarass themselves and the fans, 32 opportunities to further smear the name of Manchester United with excrement. I have every confidence that they will take a great many of those opportunities because what will happen at the end of the season even if ETH is given another season? We maybe sell 2 first teamers and then plod on little different to what we're seeing.

Sack him, don't sack him. It won't make a blind bit of difference.

Unread 02-11-2023, 02:13 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2p-XYlAbe8

what manager did simon Jordan just recommend....
Dougie Freedman?

Unread 02-11-2023, 02:21 PM
Sparky***

Manchester United basically keep the entire football media industry in this country propped up don't they.

£#%&! me we are the gift that keeps on giving as far as those @#%&!s are concerned.

Unread 02-11-2023, 02:32 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Manchester United basically keep the entire football media industry in this country propped up don't they.

£#%&! me we are the gift that keeps on giving as far as those @#%&!s are concerned.
There is a lot of this. The cycle is perfect for the glazers. Never out of the limelight. When it goes tits up, sack a manager, sign a big name and get the likes through optimism . Then wait a year, don’t back the manager, don’t address dressing room issues, stadium , training facilities, then when the inevitable drop happens, ride out the clicks and views , leak some shite , take some of the leaks .

All you have to do is take a look at Chelsea and the coverage they have been getting . Next to nothing.

Unread 02-11-2023, 04:31 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
There is a lot of this. The cycle is perfect for the glazers. Never out of the limelight. When it goes tits up, sack a manager, sign a big name and get the likes through optimism . Then wait a year, don’t back the manager, don’t address dressing room issues, stadium , training facilities, then when the inevitable drop happens, ride out the clicks and views , leak some shite , take some of the leaks .

All you have to do is take a look at Chelsea and the coverage they have been getting . Next to nothing.
What the £#%&! are you talking about??

Unread 02-11-2023, 04:35 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
What the £#%&! are you talking about??

I’m surprised he didn’t mention us only being alllowed to buy three players a season.

Unread 02-11-2023, 04:46 PM
NedKelly

Twitching with rage, Marlo sat down at his computer, ready for another day of typing out diatribe after diatribe aimed at the current manager of Manchester United; he’d found himself doing this often recently. He was a successful agent for footballers in the Turkish league, and just didn’t have the time to be spending so much of it online, what with negotiating multi-million pound contracts for big, big names, being the “fun” father and doing 20kg Bulgarian split squats in the gym (not to mention his regular MMA training). But somehow, he found a way.
“It was always the managers fault”, he muttered under his cheeto tinged breath, “I’ll show them.”
He found himself laughing jubilantly as he criticised Erik Ten Hag. He hadn’t taken pleasure in Manchester United winning games recently, but this? This, he enjoyed. He loved to hate.
He lived to hate.
It wasn’t so long ago he was accusing those opposed to Mason Greenwood’s return to United, of following the herd; he’d often say Greenwood had suffered a “trial by social media”. And yet, curiously, he found himself regularly posting Twitter links from users with names like “Sancho4eva666”, where they’d be abusing Erik Ten Hag, often implying he needed to be sacked.
But this didn’t make Marlo a hypocrite. This just meant that the entirety of Twitter had learned their lesson and decided to join Marlo. Marlo was never a hypocrite. Marlo was a man who simply “spoke his mind”.
And despite the past decade, in which a pattern emerged of various different managers all facing the same problems, indicating deeper issues at the club; this time it was Erik’s fault. It was all Erik’s fault.
“Why are Newcastle doing better than us?” He cried out, satisfied with his superior footballing knowledge and analytical skills; though, it may have slipped his impressive mind that Newcastle have been elevated by new owners willing to actually invest in their club. But that’s just a curious coincidence. That’s an irrelevant argument.
When challenged, he would often belittle his opponent, saying they lived in a small house. A cultured argument, from a cultured man.
“There’s a reason I’m rich”, he would say. “My life is so much better than yours.”
It truly did seem that way too. Only a man completely satisfied with his lot in life, would post for hours every day that Erik Ten Hag is an awful manager who should be sacked, accusing other forum members of being racist, and reminding everyone that he is an extremely successful football agent who understands the game better than actual football coaches.
And so it continued.
Every day.
Forever.

Unread 02-11-2023, 05:19 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Twitching with rage, Marlo sat down at his computer, ready for another day of typing out diatribe after diatribe aimed at the current manager of Manchester United; he’d found himself doing this often recently. He was a successful agent for footballers in the Turkish league, and just didn’t have the time to be spending so much of it online, what with negotiating multi-million pound contracts for big, big names, being the “fun” father and doing 20kg Bulgarian split squats in the gym (not to mention his regular MMA training). But somehow, he found a way.
“It was always the managers fault”, he muttered under his cheeto tinged breath, “I’ll show them.”
He found himself laughing jubilantly as he criticised Erik Ten Hag. He hadn’t taken pleasure in Manchester United winning games recently, but this? This, he enjoyed. He loved to hate.
He lived to hate.
It wasn’t so long ago he was accusing those opposed to Mason Greenwood’s return to United, of following the herd; he’d often say Greenwood had suffered a “trial by social media”. And yet, curiously, he found himself regularly posting Twitter links from users with names like “Sancho4eva666”, where they’d be abusing Erik Ten Hag, often implying he needed to be sacked.
But this didn’t make Marlo a hypocrite. This just meant that the entirety of Twitter had learned their lesson and decided to join Marlo. Marlo was never a hypocrite. Marlo was a man who simply “spoke his mind”.
And despite the past decade, in which a pattern emerged of various different managers all facing the same problems, indicating deeper issues at the club; this time it was Erik’s fault. It was all Erik’s fault.
“Why are Newcastle doing better than us?” He cried out, satisfied with his superior footballing knowledge and analytical skills; though, it may have slipped his impressive mind that Newcastle have been elevated by new owners willing to actually invest in their club. But that’s just a curious coincidence. That’s an irrelevant argument.
When challenged, he would often belittle his opponent, saying they lived in a small house. A cultured argument, from a cultured man.
“There’s a reason I’m rich”, he would say. “My life is so much better than yours.”
It truly did seem that way too. Only a man completely satisfied with his lot in life, would post for hours every day that Erik Ten Hag is an awful manager who should be sacked, accusing other forum members of being racist, and reminding everyone that he is an extremely successful football agent who understands the game better than actual football coaches.
And so it continued.
Every day.
Forever.
wut

Unread 02-11-2023, 06:25 PM
Vedder

Unread 02-11-2023, 06:34 PM
NedKelly

Zidane ffs. No chance he comes here to be exposed as the mid-manager he actually is.

Unread 02-11-2023, 06:35 PM
magic_cantona

Zidane

Unread 02-11-2023, 07:19 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Who will be the forums own Comical Ali on this?

Defending ETH until the end…wilful ignorance of facts…so close to FOTY23…

Treacherous ground.

I used to think at least United fans don't do...."in X we trust"...and..." X gets us".

I've seen a couple of posters do it on here recently...makes my skin crawl.

Unread 02-11-2023, 07:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Going nowhere

Unread 02-11-2023, 07:24 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Zidane
Zidane's role at Madrid was purely ambassadorial with the personnel in that team.

The #@&%!s on here pinning it all on ETH should get their wish though and give him the gig. Once he's sacked or resigns we may have exhausted all possibilities unless we can tempt Pep.

Unread 02-11-2023, 09:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Stick it out. Very tough spell, but we can’t throw the towel in on this fella. No siree.

Unread 02-11-2023, 09:41 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Going nowhere
Season review title sorted

Unread 02-11-2023, 09:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Zidane's role at Madrid was purely ambassadorial with the personnel in that team.

The #@&%!s on here pinning it all on ETH should get their wish though and give him the gig. Once he's sacked or resigns we may have exhausted all possibilities unless we can tempt Pep.
Hasn't he already made it clear he doesn't want to live in England.

Can't blame him tbh

Unread 02-11-2023, 09:43 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Season review title sorted
Will probably need a number after it.

Could also be the motto on the Glazer family crest.

Unread 02-11-2023, 09:45 PM
VanHaaksbergen

Coming round increasingly to Marlo’s perspective. £400 million for a Carabao Cup and squeeking top 4 with 58 goals scored and some of those abject end of season performances .. would be absolutely pissing ourselves if Liverpool/Arsenal of yester-year were trying to reconcile keeping a manger on that basis.
Harder and harder to say he’s been any better than Ole. If the fans hadn’t been traumatised by the past few years, he’d have no swell of support. But having been beaten back and blue by the last set, too scared to turn to another face lest the beatings continue.

Conceding 18 goals away at City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle last season. The epic blow up v Seville. The dire scoring form last season now being worse than ever despite the summer reinforcements. Sending Sancho to the naughty corner has brought him a lot of good will because it’s otherwise hard to rationalise any reason for him staying right now. Basically all down him since the Barca result & Newcastle league cup final last season. What are the performances to point to? A single performance?
Closed Thread