United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 13-10-2023, 05:26 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
No one suggested using him as a 9 ffs. He's managed to get 8 in 12 for us and Scotland despite not playing as an out and out centre forward. How? There are plenty of systems that would allow him to get forward more, and if we're using Weghorst as an example you have to ask yourself why we often looked better balanced and a better team despite him being slow as shit and a terrible finisher.

Whatever, all I see are a bunch of forward players who often aren't committed, in the wrong positions and can't finish. The numbers don't lie. McT has shown himself to have an eye for goal - albeit in a pretty small sample -, a surprisingly good technique - his takedown and finish for the equalizer vs Brentford was top drawer -, and a real willingness to get in the box - something we've been shit at for ages.

I wouldn't mind giving him a crack to see what he can do, especially since he's one of ours.
We looked more cohesive as a team with Weghorst because our only other centre forward had DOMS after training, Casemiro still had 20% battery left and Rashford was flying. Casemiro is now a big dog with arthritis and Eriksen seems to have aged two decades in the span of one year.

I’m (tentatively) happy to have The Scottish Player as a squad player, and if brought on yeah I’d probably go for having him in an attacking role. But starting him is probably going to disrupt the team further, and they’re already in turmoil. I’d rather try and let players like Amrabat, Mount and Bruno gel first.

Unread 13-10-2023, 10:47 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
No one suggested using him as a 9 ffs. He's managed to get 8 in 12 for us and Scotland despite not playing as an out and out centre forward. How? There are plenty of systems that would allow him to get forward more, and if we're using Weghorst as an example you have to ask yourself why we often looked better balanced and a better team despite him being slow as shit and a terrible finisher.

Whatever, all I see are a bunch of forward players who often aren't committed, in the wrong positions and can't finish. The numbers don't lie. McT has shown himself to have an eye for goal - albeit in a pretty small sample -, a surprisingly good technique - his takedown and finish for the equalizer vs Brentford was top drawer -, and a real willingness to get in the box - something we've been shit at for ages.

I wouldn't mind giving him a crack to see what he can do, especially since he's one of ours.
Nah. He’s been working with some of the best coaches in the world for United and we know how well they’ve coached for the past 20 years.

Unread 13-10-2023, 11:18 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
He can be our new Fellaini. Lump him on to win headers and be a nuisance for the last 10 minutes when we need a goal.
I had a fellani post read to go at almost the exact same time. Thought better of it but I get what you mean.

Unread 14-10-2023, 08:28 PM
red in cumbria

Hopefully being denied such a wonder goal so unjustly will motivate him

Unread 30-10-2023, 05:38 PM
Tuco

Still

Unread 30-10-2023, 07:12 PM
Danoli

We have much bigger problems than him.

Unread 30-10-2023, 07:17 PM
Dacter

Scott “The Shitman” The Scottish Player

Unread 30-10-2023, 07:18 PM
Danoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
Scott “The Shitman” The Scottish Player
He did alright against Brentford or have you forgot?

Unread 30-10-2023, 07:18 PM
plopborsky

he's shit in a shit system

Unread 30-10-2023, 07:21 PM
Ethers

He’s fine if you don’t ask him to play in midfield.

Unread 30-10-2023, 07:48 PM
92ToBury

Our leading goalscorer in the Premier League this season. We clearly have bigger issues.

Unread 30-10-2023, 07:58 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Our leading goalscorer in the Premier League this season. We clearly have bigger issues.
Hope he never plays another game for us in midfield, utter shite

Unread 30-10-2023, 08:02 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco
Hope he never plays another game for us in midfield, utter shite
I'd take him never playing for us again tbh....

Unread 30-10-2023, 08:11 PM
atticusgrinch

Still can't believe Erik started him against city.

Unread 30-10-2023, 09:57 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Perhaps he wants to get sacked

Unread 30-10-2023, 10:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It's this redemption goal curve he was on....

He had chances to score v city..

Erik's an honest man

Unread 30-10-2023, 10:28 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
He did alright against Brentford or have you forgot?
I’ve forgot

Unread 30-10-2023, 10:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It's this redemption goal curve he was on....

He had chances to score v city..

Erik's an honest man
he picked him because hes desperate for players showing any kind of form going into a massive game.

The Scottish Player was in goal form, that's why he got picked.

Unread 30-10-2023, 10:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
he picked him because hes desperate for players showing any kind of form going into a massive game.

The Scottish Player was in goal form, that's why he got picked.
That's what i posted

Unread 30-10-2023, 10:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
That's what i posted
i was backing you up pal.