United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-10-2023, 01:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Yes. Ten Hag never talks about pressing.
😂

He’s also said on more than one occasion after matches that the players didn’t follow his rules.

You’re not going to get far when you’ve got players who decide that they’re not going to bother following instructions when it suits them.

Unread 24-10-2023, 01:40 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

tbf, if he's talking about it and they're not doing it, it's still not a great reflection on him as well as (obviously) them.

it's his job to not only give instructions but to have them carried out and have his message resonate. if it isn't then he's failing at a key part of his remit.

anyway, no need to keep going round in circles. he/the team all need to be doing better.doesn't mean we need to sack him but there's no way we should be as shit as we are. and half the team were signed by him so he and they, need to get their shit together and start performing.

Unread 24-10-2023, 01:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
tbf, if he's talking about it and they're not doing it, it's still not a great reflection on him as well as (obviously) them.

it's his job to not only give instructions but to have them carried out and have his message resonate. if it isn't then he's failing at a key part of his remit.

anyway, no need to keep going round in circles. he/the team all need to be doing better.doesn't mean we need to sack him but there's no way we should be as shit as we are. and half the team were signed by him so he and they, need to get their shit together and start performing.
I agree

Unread 24-10-2023, 01:44 PM
Finport Red

This is becoming painful to watch now.

Unread 24-10-2023, 02:03 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
He replaced ronaldo with weghorst.
Who would you have replaced Ronaldo with, if you had the same budget?

Unread 24-10-2023, 02:09 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Ancelotti.

Unread 24-10-2023, 02:15 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:

The man's got a fine balancing act to negotiate at the moment and may feel he's played his last ace with Sancho. Normally I suspect he'd drop anyone not following directions, but even though they may be mardy, slapped ass children, there's only so many you can risk pissing off before you lose everyone.

Unread 24-10-2023, 04:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
Harry Kane on loan. Standard.

Unread 24-10-2023, 06:08 PM
pedr0

Quote:

nailed it

Unread 24-10-2023, 06:43 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

Yup, we’re absolutely gash atm. Needs to change rapidly.

Unread 24-10-2023, 11:11 PM
Sparky***

He's on borrowed time now.

The players all look utterly miserable, unmotivated and are clearly not enjoying what they're being asked to do. It's as clear as day.

That first half, considering what was at stake and the emotion of the week, was about as clear a 'going through the motions' as you're going to get.

We've battled and struggled to 3 awful wins against poor sides. There's going to be some very, very grim results for us going towards Nov/Dec and i'll be shocked if Arnold doesn't buckle and sack him.

Unread 24-10-2023, 11:15 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

The players all look utterly miserable, unmotivated and are clearly not enjoying what they're being asked to do. It's as clear as day.

That first half, considering what was at stake and the emotion of the week, was about as clear a 'going through the motions' as you're going to get.

We've battled and struggled to 3 awful wins against poor sides. There's going to be some very, very grim results for us going towards Nov/Dec and i'll be shocked if Arnold doesn't buckle and sack him.
I really hope he finds his balls ASAP and plays his way and picks the players to do it.

He said he wanted united to be the best transition team in the world. It's like when Ole tried to implement pressing. Just stick with what you know Erik and what got you the job you daft bastard ffs.

Unread 24-10-2023, 11:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Borrowed time

Unread 24-10-2023, 11:41 PM
The taste of...

A thread completely feeding the fears of non testicular reds who only ever knew the Fergie glory years but never saw how they were earned

Oh and for that WUM Merlot to wind them all up on

18 months time…. Im losing it with Potter, borrowed time wah wah

Unread 24-10-2023, 11:46 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:

Drop them then. What does he have to lose? I reckon the fans would be on his side if he put his foot down anyway; they know what's what.

Unread 24-10-2023, 11:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheik JaBooty
Drop them then. What does he have to lose? I reckon the fans would be on his side if he put his foot down anyway; they know what's what.
I think he's at his wits end with them mate.

How can he not be given the state of half of them

Unread 25-10-2023, 12:40 AM
The taste of...

Ya gotz ta work with what ya gotz ta work with

Viva Erik

Unread 25-10-2023, 12:47 AM
tatty

If you're interested in the evolution of tactics in football then 'Inverting the Pyramid' is well worth a read.

One thing that came out of the book for me is how important it is to have players clever enough to understand complex modern tactics. I'm not saying our players are thick as shit but there is clearly something amiss because ETH was recognised as one of the brightest young coaches in Europe.

Unread 25-10-2023, 01:55 AM
marlo

Quote:
I think he's at his wits end with them mate.

How can he not be given the state of half of them
His own signings and their counterparts are Antony and Mount.

So it’s all abit mad.

I remember posting when pogba was here that even for pogbas flaws, if Bruno becomes the main man our midfield will be a bigger mess than it was at the time.
I also thought ETH would see through him

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...3&postcount=17

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...7&postcount=19

I thought eriksen would be the end of him and it’s obvious now eriksen is the real midfielder making the right passes and helping us play properly while heroball is just jogging around playing football like he is being a fifa character being controlled by a teenager than just presses throughball every time.

Unread 25-10-2023, 02:04 AM
plopborsky

He needs to play players in the position they are best at that’s a £#%&!ing start
Closed Thread