United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 21-04-2024, 08:53 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
We aspire to be like Wigan Athletic.
We do indeed.

Unread 21-04-2024, 09:10 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Hope they are't going to do a victory lap after that.

One of the most embarrassing days in the club's history, Coventry were robbed.
They were and yet we have people in the thread mocking others for their reactions at 4-3 in ET

Unread 21-04-2024, 09:14 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Couldn’t even manage to get a final against a mid table championship side in any sort of style. Utterly embarrassing.

Now we have a mauling against City to look forward to.
This

Genuinely bobbins

Unless you’re on the autistic spectrum

Unread 21-04-2024, 09:36 PM
magic_cantona

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
The only thing I’m clinging to is that one-off games can produce upsets.
Hopefully we can last twenty seconds instead of ten.
That's what my wife says.

Unread 21-04-2024, 09:51 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
We know.

Unread 21-04-2024, 10:08 PM
pedr0

"most embarrassing day in the clubs history" etc is just silly.

cov were lucky to get back into it, we were lucky to hang on for pens. we fell apart in extra time. poor and selfish decision making throughout almost cost us.

the team was a mess by the end. he needs to start harry amass next match because AWB at left back is not the one.

Unread 21-04-2024, 10:10 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
"most embarrassing day in the clubs history" etc is just silly.

cov were lucky to get back into it, we were lucky to hang on for pens. we fell apart in extra time. poor and selfish decision making throughout almost cost us.

the team was a mess by the end. he needs to start harry amass next match because AWB at left back is not the one.
baffles me why he is starting AWB on the left. Surely Dalot would be a better option as the more talented footballer

Unread 21-04-2024, 10:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
"we"?

Unread 21-04-2024, 10:18 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
"we"?
Only when she’s going down a slide.

Unread 21-04-2024, 10:22 PM
Msgr A Brook

Jesus Christ, what a day that was. Marcus Rashford hang your head in shame. Say what you like about Bruno but he's ten times the man that fraud is. Anyway, we're through to the final, it's pissed everyone off and put the whole country into a frenzy so for that I'm eternally grateful. I'm getting on a bit now but I really hope to bump into Lee Dixon one day in my remaining years. It would be quite therapeutic.

Unread 21-04-2024, 10:53 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Manchester United are through to another Wembley final.

Absolutely fantastic.

Unread 21-04-2024, 11:09 PM
livelylobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Thats not very nice

Unread 21-04-2024, 11:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
This

Genuinely bobbins

Unless you’re on the autistic spectrum
I don't really know how best to describe that last 20 mins. We're like the Amir Khan of football. Boxing well enough for 8 rounds but the minute someone lands a punch on us - it's jelly legs and holding on for dear life. It's staggering how this team can consistently get itself into winning positions and then completely implode the minute the opposition bare their teeth

Honest to god, how we allowed a team who were dead in the water and had nothing but gumption and effort to claw back a 3-0 lead in an FA Cup semi final is nothing short of rank unprofessionalism and downright idiocy.

Obviously the last two goals Coventry scored were thanks to a ridiculous deflection that could only £#%&!ing happen to us this season and then an even more ridiculous penalty that obviously could only be given against us this season But you always run the risk of this type of shit happening when you invite constant pressure on your goal. How many penalties have we given away this season now? It has to be well into double digits, it's comical.

This team just exudes disharmony, in every area of the pitch none of them look comfortable with what they're doing and there's nothing there in the way of spirit or joy in what they're doing. They look an utterly broken team just waiting to be put out of its misery.

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:02 AM
jem

forest whining about decisions. if clattenburg played for us, his head would fall off.

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:21 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
How many penalties have we given away this season now? It has to be well into double digits, it's comical.
That and unnecessary corners. Our fullbacks are absolute machines when it comes to conceding them.

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:33 AM
croady26

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Absolutely fantastic.
Yeah look forward to City training match

Unread 22-04-2024, 04:13 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager
Absolutely delighted for all the new low-bar reds.
At least we're not fighting for relegation
#IntegrityReds

The only upsides to the shambles we witnessed are:
- we have a slightly better chance than Coventry of stopping city getting a treble. And by slightly I mean a 1% chance over a zero percent. But it's something
- ETH will be practicing his game management somewhere else next season.

Shows how bad this season has been that ETH getting to a cup final reinforces why he isn't right for the job.

Unread 22-04-2024, 05:00 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
At least we're not fighting for relegation
#IntegrityReds

The only upsides to the shambles we witnessed are:
- we have a slightly better chance than Coventry of stopping city getting a treble. And by slightly I mean a 1% chance over a zero percent. But it's something
- ETH will be practicing his game management somewhere else next season.

Shows how bad this season has been that ETH getting to a cup final reinforces why he isn't right for the job.

Unread 22-04-2024, 06:34 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Meant double

Unread 22-04-2024, 09:58 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Absolutely fantastic.
3 in 2 seasons.

You wouldn't think it though. White Transit van drivers up and down the M6 this morning frantically trying to get onto White and Jordan.