Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Lovely breakdown that fella, appreciated
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Anything for you, bunks.

Unread 01-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Baron

If Onana, Amrabat & Big Rassie are all starting week in week out, that's effectively a whole new spine & a huge upgrade on what we had last season.

Will take us a month, but let's see what this looks like after a few games.

Can't help but be a bit baffled by the Mount signing if I'm honest, but those three legit change everything for us.

Unread 01-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Onana 7
Mount 5
J. Evans 4
Amrabat 6 (never seen him but we need a dm so benefit of doubt)
Serge 6
Rasmus Hojlund 7 (never seen him play but he gets points for not being nearly 40)
Altay-Bayindir 5 (not giving more than 5 for a reserve keeper ffs)

Average of 5.6*

*rounded up

Unread 01-09-2023, 02:34 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 01-09-2023, 02:34 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Are we even counting Evans? Surely he's a Tom Huddleston level 'signing'

6.9/10
You mean low key a great one?

Between 5.7 and 6.3 for me

Just like a homemade sub looking at the Titanic, the pressure on Young Dane will be huge.

Mount is a flop in waiting. The next Kagawa/VDB/Veron.

Others are ok

Unread 01-09-2023, 02:36 PM
Whip Hubley

Cool

Delighted with onana.

Pleased with mount & amrabat.

Excited by hojlund.

The rest are gap fillers.

Unread 01-09-2023, 02:48 PM
Ethers

Solid 7.5/10 right now. Will look at least an 8/10 by next year.

Unread 01-09-2023, 02:49 PM
Patty_b

8/10

What we've spent and what we've brought in, I think we've done well. It seems as though a few of the players we've bought actually want to play for this club which makes a nice change. Even Regulate or whatever the £#%&! his name is is a good and sensible emergency loan signing.

A few months ago I'd have said that we overpaid for Mount, but based on some of the transfer fees that have gone through since then... It's fine imo.

And to be honest I'm £#%&!ing tired and bored of the club spaffing stupid money at shit marquee signing on thick wages. In a situation where we could have gone out and spent like Chelsea have been doing over the past couple of windows, there's no guarantee of getting any value out of it on the pitch. In fact if we're going off recent past experience, then it'd just be massive disappointment.

The only downside is the possibility we have missed out on someone else because of Maguire, and possibly The Scottish Player. I would say beggars can't be choosers, but Maguire...

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:14 PM
larry

8/10 is absurd, as is 7.5

heads well and truly buried

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:28 PM
AK14

Needed another CF
Should have got midfield sorted weeks ago
Should have signed a CB (not evans as fourth choice)

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:40 PM
Ethers

Keep forgetting we haven’t signed another striker. Really is negligent going into the season now relying on Martial ffs.

Keep hoping we might pull something off last minute like we did with Falcao.

Taremi is still available, his move to Milan has fallen through. No-brainer at £13m imo.

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Keep forgetting we haven’t signed another striker. Really is negligent going into the season now relying on Martial ffs.

Keep hoping we might pull something off last minute like we did with Falcao.

Taremi is still available, his move to Milan has fallen through. No-brainer at £13m imo.
Yup get it done.

He actually looks quite decent.

Unread 01-09-2023, 03:57 PM
jem

onana - not first choice, but happy with this.
mount - utterly pointless
evans - jonny £#%&!ing evans, ffs?
amrabat - the right type of player
sergio - understandable
hojlund - exactly what united should be doing.
altay-bayindir - no idea, hope onana stays home

would have liked palhinha, costa, pavard and kane, obvs (and rid of a few more, but whevs). bearing in mind I like martial and pellistri, we could have done with a cb/rb.

on the basis onana, hojlund and amrabat are what matters, 8/10. couldn't give a £#%&! about the others. but we need all of our squad fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Mount is a flop in waiting. The next Kagawa/VDB/Veron.
veron was world class; mount, not so much.

Unread 01-09-2023, 04:13 PM
NedKelly

Onana 7/10
Mount 1/10
J. Evans wtf/10
Amrabat 8/10 I rate him and think we will benefit more from him than most of our other signings tbh
Mehguilon 5/10
Rasmus Hojlund 8 - young, Aryan prince ready to dominate Europe
Altay-Bayindir : olecouldntcarelessgif:

7.317/10 I reckon

Unread 01-09-2023, 04:14 PM
DublinRedDevil

It's not a great window overall. We overpaid massively for Hoijland and should have signed another striker instead of gambling on Greenwood coming back in. We have a nice player in Mount but probably won't use him properly. We should have £#%&!ed Maguire off and we'll probably regret turning down 30m for The Scottish Player. We sold off a a good few of our younger players for peanuts, albeit with decent sell on/buy back options. We took longer than we should have to get Amrabat in and our dithering and last minute scrambling for loans again makes us look incompetent but at least the goalkeeper situation is sorted. It's a right down the middle 5/10 for me.

Unread 01-09-2023, 04:33 PM
dunk

Considering PSG are paying similar if not more for Ramos and Muani, and wanted Hojlund before both of them, I refute the ‘overpaid’ narrative wrt Hojlund.

Unread 01-09-2023, 04:34 PM
suedeshoes

Convinced Hojlund is going to be the new Alan Shearer so 10.

Mount. Very good player. 9

Amrabat. If he plays like he did in the world cup. 10.

Onana. A goalies a goalie.

The other new goalie. Same.

Johnny Evans. A United sqaud should always have a Norn Iron lad in it. 10.

The Spurs lad. 5. His wife 10.

Unread 01-09-2023, 04:35 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Onana 7/10
Mount 1/10
J. Evans wtf/10
Amrabat 8/10 I rate him and think we will benefit more from him than most of our other signings tbh
Mehguilon 5/10
Rasmus Hojlund 8 - young, Aryan prince ready to dominate Europe
Altay-Bayindir : olecouldntcarelessgif:

7.317/10 I reckon
You’ve scored it 3.3/10

Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DublinRedDevil
It's not a great window overall. We overpaid massively for Hoijland and should have signed another striker instead of gambling on Greenwood coming back in. We have a nice player in Mount but probably won't use him properly. We should have £#%&!ed Maguire off and we'll probably regret turning down 30m for The Scottish Player. We sold off a a good few of our younger players for peanuts, albeit with decent sell on/buy back options. We took longer than we should have to get Amrabat in and our dithering and last minute scrambling for loans again makes us look incompetent but at least the goalkeeper situation is sorted. It's a right down the middle 5/10 for me.
Incomings....

NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You’ve scored it 3.3/10
No I haven’t, I’ve scored it 7.317/10