United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 25-04-2024, 12:20 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Genuinely enjoyed that.

Decent turn out in the stadium, atmosphere wasn’t too bad and we looked like we wanted it even though we were poor for large periods. Not having Rashford stinking the place out makes all the difference.
I don’t think we were ever really particularly poor for any period. Largely controlled the game without being brilliant, a 6.5/10 type performance. Their keeper played well and there were a couple of instances of wastefulness where they needed to be more clinical.

The problem is, no matter how much control we appear to have, the £#%&!wits are eventually unable to avoid unleashing their £#%&!wittedness on the rest. Hence, that spanner in net randomly gives it away round the penalty area then fails to make any meaningful attempt to stop the shot. Then Wan Bissaka does his weird barn dance act allowing them down the side to make it 2-1.

On the whole it was pretty satisfactory. And we also had an interesting debate on the moral issues around the use of the word “#@&%!”, so a good evening all round imo.

Unread 25-04-2024, 06:39 AM
shenwen

Good to get a win against the worst team in the league I suppose. Would have been nice to not go behind twice but that's what chaos ball is all about.

AWB useless going forward doing anything more than a five yard pass. Not much better in defence these days. Antony producing another spectacularly average performance. Got to wonder what we'll do with him next season, especially as Amad looking like he could be the back up in that position. Not having a go at Hojlund and it was nice to see him score, but he was anonymous again. Desperately need to sign a more experienced striker to help him out.

Big game at the weekend now.

Unread 25-04-2024, 07:19 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
I don’t think we were ever really particularly poor for any period. Largely controlled the game without being brilliant, a 6.5/10 type performance. Their keeper played well and there were a couple of instances of wastefulness where they needed to be more clinical.

The problem is, no matter how much control we appear to have, the £#%&!wits are eventually unable to avoid unleashing their £#%&!wittedness on the rest. Hence, that spanner in net randomly gives it away round the penalty area then fails to make any meaningful attempt to stop the shot. Then Wan Bissaka does his weird barn dance act allowing them down the side to make it 2-1.

On the whole it was pretty satisfactory. And we also had an interesting debate on the moral issues around the use of the word “#@&%!”, so a good evening all round imo.
I think that’s fair pal. I was probably slightly too sidelined by the context of the opposition we were playing - a nailed on relegated side with a - 59 goal difference who went ahead against us twice. At Old Trafford.

As I said, I enjoyed it - I thought we had a decent energy about us which I was surprised about. I think taking out some of the bad energy is hugely important in doing that. But my enjoyment is also probably affected by me having ptsd from all our other matches - every half decent performance even against the worst teams in the prem has the potential to deliver this kind of thing atm:

Unread 25-04-2024, 07:48 AM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I think that’s fair pal. I was probably slightly too sidelined by the context of the opposition we were playing - a nailed on relegated side with a - 59 goal difference who went ahead against us twice. At Old Trafford.

As I said, I enjoyed it - I thought we had a decent energy about us which I was surprised about. I think taking out some of the bad energy is hugely important in doing that. But my enjoyment is also probably affected by me having ptsd from all our other matches - every half decent performance even against the worst teams in the prem has the potential to deliver this kind of thing atm:
I haven’t watched much footy outside of us this season, but I have seen Sheff Utd a few times and, honestly, it’s hard to over-state how poor they are. They haven’t just broken the record for goals conceded in a season with four left to play for no reason.

We’ve basically just played two Championship teams in a row. Got two wins so happy with that, but conceded 5 goals, lost control in too many moments and made both look better than they are. Of course the low-bar reds are going to be all over it, but the real question is what happens when we play Arsenal in the league and City in the cup? Coventry and Sheffield should be a fkn training session not an ordeal.

Unread 25-04-2024, 08:07 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
They all did enough to keep rashford out of the team.
lol. rashford will start the final. the only way they'll have done enough is if they put a razor blade in his boot before training*.

Unread 25-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Bunker Buster

Anyone got a shots total ?

Unread 25-04-2024, 08:23 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Terrible we only let them have 10...ruining our average

Unread 25-04-2024, 08:40 AM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Big game at the weekend now.
for who? Burnley?

Unread 25-04-2024, 08:41 AM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Jesus fkn Christ. What a waste of bandwidth.

Unread 25-04-2024, 08:44 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
We won 25-10.

Interesting how when we concede multiple shots, it’s because the other team were all over us, but when they concede loads of shots it just means we’re bad at finishing.

I see that agenda.

Unread 25-04-2024, 08:49 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
We won 25-10.

Interesting how when we concede multiple shots, it’s because the other team were all over us, but when they concede loads of shots it just means we’re bad at finishing.

I see that agenda.
Thanks for the update, very interesting...

Unread 25-04-2024, 08:51 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I think last night took us over the 10,000 shots against mark, but we did beat bottom of the league Sheffield United. Who are on course to be one of the leagues worst ever teams.

Everything is just dandy. Nothing to see here. Standards are that low.

Unread 25-04-2024, 08:55 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I think last night took us over the 10,000 shots against mark, but we did beat bottom of the league Sheffield United. Who are on course to be one of the leagues worst ever teams.

2nd victory in a row you're struggling with......

Unread 25-04-2024, 09:03 AM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 25-04-2024, 09:04 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
2nd victory in a row you're struggling with......
Mate, I'm delighted we won. I'm not going to ignore the state of this season though.

Unread 25-04-2024, 09:05 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Mate, I'm delighted we won. .
Wanna tell ya face that ?

Turn that frown upside down...

Unread 25-04-2024, 09:09 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Announced the crowd as 73,000

Oh how we laughed
clocked that

a few K missing and it was pretty flat in N40 but warmed up in the second half. not the worst for a midweek dead rubber against bottom of the league.

I thought I watched us win and score 4 goals but can't be 100% sure after reading this thread.

Unread 25-04-2024, 09:14 AM
believe

The cardie crew after any type of win regardless of how shit we were or it changed nothing about how shit we are.

Unread 25-04-2024, 09:19 AM
Zorg

If we win at the weekend and Spurs and Villa both lose, we'll only be 4 points off 5th

Unread 25-04-2024, 09:26 AM
Bunker Buster

If we win at the weekend I'll still be bloody fuming and my heart will still be in Coventry.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Who knows. Who actually cares?
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
The cardie crew after any type of win regardless of how shit we were or it changed nothing about how shit we are.

Just pure HATES united this lad.....