United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2019, 12:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Think he smashed an ashtray over some #@&%! around the same time.

Might actually be Louis's best signing. Criminally underused. And actually a criminal.
Worst defender at the club. Actual worst. Imagine that

Unread 17-04-2019, 12:53 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Worst defender at the club. Actual worst. Imagine that
In your opinion. Which is of course worthless.

Unread 17-04-2019, 12:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Worth infinitely more than yours, you rate Rojo even Mourinho didn’t pick Rojo in fact, nobody picks Rojo, he plays when nobody else is available, on the off chance he’s fit, which is a rarity tbf.

Unread 17-04-2019, 01:09 PM
Cream

Quote:
Worth infinitely more than yours, you rate Rojo even Mourinho didn’t pick Rojo in fact, nobody picks Rojo, he plays when nobody else is available, on the off chance he’s fit, which is a rarity tbf.
Quote:
Jose Mourinho said: “Marcos has gone from strength to strength over the past couple of seasons, and has always shown great professionalism.

“Although his injury has kept him sidelined over these past few weeks, Marcos is working hard to return to full fitness. He is always ready to put his body on the line for this club and I am delighted he has signed a new contract.”
Contract up in 2021.

He's decent on his day. Hard nut as well.

Not sure Ole will keep him around.

Unread 17-04-2019, 01:12 PM
saffers

Quote:
Selling Memphis and Mkhitaryan were easily the worst transfer decisions of the last 5 years tbh, and signing Alexis obvs.
Of course this guy would pick out two sales that were under Mourinho.

BTW Mkhi has been shambolic at Arsenal.

Memphis even if improved I still prefer both Rashy and Martial on the left. Mou said he sold him out of compassion, a player of his age and talent needed to play more. Were you complaining when we sold him? Didn't think so.

Unread 17-04-2019, 01:12 PM
Vedder

Unread 17-04-2019, 01:13 PM
saffers

Quote:

Big Marcos is quality when fully fit.

Our best CB duo post ferie for my money was Bailly-Rojo. Never worried at the back, both leaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Woodward briefing like a psycho to Ogden again.

We've become everything we despised. We went from alpha to a beta club in the space of a year. Very s2c.

Unread 17-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Our best CB duo post ferie for my money was Bailly-Rojo. Never worried at the back, both leaders.
Daley

Blind.

Unread 17-04-2019, 01:15 PM
AK14

Quote:

What did Woodward say about Varane last summer?

Something about willing to pay £100m on him or something?

Unread 17-04-2019, 01:16 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

They did OK but I distinctly remember thinking we were flattered by the scores and clean sheets if you're thinking of the same time period I am. We were still getting cut open regularly by teams that we should be putting to sleep with ease.

Unread 17-04-2019, 01:22 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
They did OK but I distinctly remember thinking we were flattered by the scores and clean sheets if you're thinking of the same time period I am. We were still getting cut open regularly by teams that we should be putting to sleep with ease.
Huh? That must have been when Blind was starting(who also largely did decent). I'm thinking of a time where we barely allowed opposition shots on goal.

Unread 17-04-2019, 01:27 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Daley

Blind.
£#%&!ing tragic he was sold.

Unread 17-04-2019, 02:00 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
£#%&!ing tragic he was sold.
Agreed. No more eye candy at the club.

Quote:

So unprofessional it is laughable.

Still, I'd be happy if we can get them all in.

When are renewals due...?

Unread 17-04-2019, 02:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Didn’t he play left back at that World Cup?
Yep. And earned a place in the Team of the Tournament iirc.

His signing was probably evidence that we didn't have a scouting department though.

Unread 17-04-2019, 02:04 PM
windy waffles

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/socce...gnings-sources

Full story...

Quote:
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is targeting at least one signing in every area of his squad this summer, sources have told ESPN FC.

Solskjaer said after the chastening Champions League exit to Barcelona on Tuesday night that he is facing a "rebuild" at Old Trafford before United again challenge for top trophies.

The work is set to start at the end of the season with Solskjaer looking to strengthen each area of his team with two new defenders, two midfielders and a forward.

Goalkeeper David De Gea will enter the final year of his deal in the summer but progress over an extension has been slow.

Sources have told ESPN FC the United manager will be backed with significant funds during the summer transfer window and will also be allowed to spend any cash generated by player sales.

Club captain Antonio Valencia is set to lead the exodus after the club decided against triggering a one year extension in the 33-year-old's contract. The Ecuador international has not started a game for United since the 2-0 win over Newcastle on Jan. 2 but, according to sources, is nearing a comeback and could return to the squad for Sunday's trip to Everton.

Ander Herrera is set to leave for Paris Saint-Germain this summer after failing to agree terms on a new contract. Juan Mata is yet to sign a new one-year deal and will become a free agent on June 30 if the stand-off continues.

There are also doubts over the futures of Matteo Darmian, Marcos Rojo, Eric Bailly, Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez although sources have told ESPN FC there are no plans to sell Paul Pogba despite interest from Real Madrid.

United usually work towards a plan of signing three players during the summer but with more players than usual expected to leave, Solskjaer is set to get special dispensation to bring in more targets.

There is interest in Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly, Real Madrid centre-back Raphael Varane, Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez as well as young English trio Declan Rice, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Jadon Sancho.

Sources told ESPN FC that after the 3-0 defeat at Camp Nou, Solskjaer told his players he is determined to build a squad capable of reaching Barcelona's level.

"They played very well," said Sanchez, who was applauded onto the pitch on his return to his former club after coming on for the final 10 minutes following his return from a hamstring injury.

"We had very clear chances, but this is football, this is the Champions League, if you get something wrong or fail then the other team gets on top of you. That's what Barcelona do.

"When I came on to the pitch I heard the applause and the truth is I am very happy about this.

"It was a nice moment for me. With the other players we won good things here and I am very happy to return from my injury and I am also very happy with the applause from the crowd."

Unread 17-04-2019, 02:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Which will result only in a summer-long battle for Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Which we'll probably lose.

Unread 17-04-2019, 02:05 PM
Clownbones

Rojo is probably the most overrated player at the club.

He's always injured and on the rare occasions he starts he's a penalty or a red card waiting to happen.

As calamitous as Jones, as injury prone as Bailly and as stupid as any of them.

He doesn't get half the shit Smalling does, yet Smalling is comfortably our best defender of the last three years.

He's done the square root of £#%&! all for us in four years and yet people still rate him.

Probably because he's hard and has a cool sounding name. If he was Pale and called Neil, nobody would give a £#%&!.

I blame Draggers .

Unread 17-04-2019, 02:13 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones

He's always injured and on the rare occasions he starts he's a penalty or a red card waiting to happen.

He doesn't get half the shit Smalling does, yet Smalling is comfortably our best defender of the last three years.

He's done the square root of £#%&! all for us in four years and yet people still rate him.

Probably because he's hard and has a cool sounding name. If he was Pale and called Neil, nobody would give a £#%&!.

I blame Draggers .
He's quite well rated by neutrals too. I think it's the warrior like attitude.

Plus he's nowhere near as bad as people (like you!) say.

Unread 17-04-2019, 02:22 PM
shenwen

Big Jamie makes his calls. Controversy alert: Jones should stay; Smalling should go.

Pretty fair though. 12 to stay. 10 to go. Two jury still out.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...nnar-solskjaer

Unread 17-04-2019, 02:26 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones

I blame Draggers .
I didn't realise anyone rated him
Closed Thread