United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-01-2020, 01:23 PM
windy waffles

Always up for signing players with Turkish heritage.

Unread 02-01-2020, 02:01 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Although joking aside I reckon he'd be a top signing, especially if it means Pogba can move the other way for some cash as well.

He's younger than Pogba, has Premier League experience and iirc still put in a solid shift for the bin dippers even when he was planning his move away.
I'd take just about anyone for our midfield so a player that has played for Liverpool and Juventus and isn't over the hill is a bonus.

It's why for all the valid criticism of Ole I can't get too riled up, it was patently obvious during the summer that our midfield options were pitiful and so it has proven. There isn't a manager in the world that could make a decent unit with our midfielders so it's unrealistic to expect a manager that is learning his trade to do it.

Unread 02-01-2020, 02:03 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Yup, would ruin their season.

Unread 02-01-2020, 02:05 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
I'd take just about anyone for our midfield so a player that has played for Liverpool and Juventus and isn't over the hill is a bonus.

It's why for all the valid criticism of Ole I can't get too riled up, it was patently obvious during the summer that our midfield options were pitiful and so it has proven. There isn't a manager in the world that could make a decent unit with our midfielders so it's unrealistic to expect a manager that is learning his trade to do it.
This.

Unread 02-01-2020, 02:14 PM
Patty_b

Quote:

Yep, he got screwed in the summer, nqat.
  • The Scottish Player
  • Fred
  • Matic
  • Pereira
  • Lingard

I like The Scottish Player and I think Fred has improved this season, but Christ, imagine being asked to build a three man midfield with a number 10 to compete over the course of a season out of that.

Disgusting.

(Didn't include Pogba because £#%&! Pogba)

Unread 02-01-2020, 02:19 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Yep, he got screwed in the summer, nqat.
  • The Scottish Player
  • Fred
  • Matic
  • Pereira
  • Lingard

I like The Scottish Player and I think Fred has improved this season, but Christ, imagine being asked to build a three man midfield with a number 10 to compete over the course of a season out of that.

Disgusting.

(Didn't include Pogba because £#%&! Pogba)
It might help if he actually played a 3 man midfield rather than this number 10 bullshit when he hasn't got an adequate number 10.

Unread 02-01-2020, 02:20 PM
Jethro

I think Can would be a superb signing personally. No.10 is a must. The link between the forwards and midfield is disgusting.

Unread 02-01-2020, 02:42 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I think Can would be a superb signing personally. No.10 is a must. The link between the forwards and midfield is disgusting.
Isn’t Can more of a holding midfielder?

Unread 02-01-2020, 02:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Isn’t Can more of a holding midfielder?
Yep.

I don't think we can afford to be picky, if he's available and he'll come, get him in. Then upgrade/replace him ASAP.

Unread 02-01-2020, 02:43 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It might help if he actually played a 3 man midfield rather than this number 10 bullshit when he hasn't got an adequate number 10.
Wouldn't that make things worse though? Because Lingard and Pereira are No. 10's, albeit shite ones. I would rather play them in a No. 10 position and be shit than play them in centre midfield and be even shitter.

Unread 02-01-2020, 02:57 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
That twitter link Sparky has posted ☝️

Imagine being a grown man, pausing an interview at a point he smiles just so you can make some disingenuous point that he's ok with losing.

'Blood boiling'

Grow up, you £#%&!ing melt.

People reading far too much into interviews and press conferences these days. They mean nothing.
I actually agree with Sparky .. it's £#%&!ing horrific smiling and joking after that performance. He needs to do the decent thing.

Unread 02-01-2020, 03:00 PM
My Name is Heath

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
I actually agree with Sparky .. it's £#%&!ing horrific smiling and joking after that performance. He needs to do the decent thing.
commit hari-kari?

Unread 02-01-2020, 03:03 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
commit hari-kari?
Afraid so, been downhill since he hosted FOTY.

Unread 02-01-2020, 03:19 PM
Whiteside onside

Over the last five years we're the second highest net spenders.

Let that sink in.

Unread 02-01-2020, 03:21 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Over the last five years we're the second highest net spenders.

Let that sink in.
Wait a minute, are you suggesting that we've not been spending money wisely as a club over the past 5 years?!

You might be onto something there pal!

(Although not sure what this has to do with Ole when he's only had one full window during those 5 years).

Unread 02-01-2020, 03:32 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Wait a minute, are you suggesting that we've not been spending money wisely as a club over the past 5 years?!

You might be onto something there pal!

(Although not sure what this has to do with Ole when he's only had one full window during those 5 years).
Ole isn't good enough to manage the Worlds biggest club. The Glazers although I hate them have actually backed previous managers. Although they could do a lot better.

Unread 02-01-2020, 03:50 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
Never thought the day would come I was hoping against hope we'd sign Emre Can.

He might come as a makeweight for Pogba. A real sign o'the times.

Unread 02-01-2020, 04:28 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Ole isn't good enough to manage the Worlds biggest club.
Disagree.

Quote:
Ole isn't good enough to manage the Worlds biggest club. The Glazers although I hate them have actually backed previous managers. Although they could do a lot better.
What does this have to do with your original point that we're second highest net spenders over the past 5 years?

Unread 02-01-2020, 05:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Ole isn't good enough to manage the Worlds biggest club.
He's not in charge of Real Madrid.

Unread 02-01-2020, 05:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
That twitter link Sparky has posted ☝️

Imagine being a grown man, pausing an interview at a point he smiles just so you can make some disingenuous point that he's ok with losing.

'Blood boiling'

Grow up, you £#%&!ing melt.

People reading far too much into interviews and press conferences these days. They mean nothing.
The exact sort of "grown man" who voted Tory last month because "Boris is such a laugh", nqat.
Closed Thread