dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
Give him his number back now. Thanks.
This too.

Unread 31-01-2019, 01:25 PM
AK14

Is that a smile?!

Needs to up his game, not a kid anymore and should be performing at a much higher level IMO.

Unread 31-01-2019, 01:26 PM
Switching Off

"I am loving my time at this club. From the day I joined I have been made to feel part of the United family and I have been incredibly humbled and overwhelmed by the warmth and love of our fans, who continue to amaze me with their support.

“I would like to thank Ole and his coaching staff for their belief in me and for helping me to take my game to the next level. This club is all about winning trophies and I am sure the next piece of silverware is not that far away.”

Unread 31-01-2019, 01:44 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Needs to realise his potential and quickly. Has everything in him to be a quite magnificent bastard.
This.

The upside of Rashford and Martial is immense.

Unread 31-01-2019, 01:47 PM
ZiggyStardust

Martial, Rashford and Greenwood front 3 will be tearing apart the best teams in Europe in a couple of years

Unread 31-01-2019, 02:01 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Martial, Rashford and Greenwood front 3 will be tearing apart the best teams in Europe in a couple of years
Can't see Martial and Rashford joining Ipswich anytime soon pal.

Unread 31-01-2019, 02:14 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Is that a smile?!

Needs to up his game, not a kid anymore and should be performing at a much higher level IMO.
the ole effect

Unread 31-01-2019, 03:16 PM
Lok

This news makes me feels ever so slightly happier than I was before.

Unread 31-01-2019, 05:05 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
Give him his number back now. Thanks.
I genuinely don't give a shit about shirt numbers, and if any player does it is to their discredit.

Just go back to 1-14 (or whatever) and be done with it

Unread 31-01-2019, 05:06 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I genuinely don't give a shit about shirt numbers, and if any player does it is to their discredit.

Just go back to 1-14 (or whatever) and be done with it
He can have his shirt number back then

Unread 31-01-2019, 06:08 PM
MagnificentSeven

the number 11 is actually more suitable for him now than 9, as traditionally that's the number for the left winger.

Unread 31-01-2019, 07:47 PM
AK14

Now he’s signed a new contract we should change his number again for a laugh.

Unread 31-01-2019, 07:52 PM
sa7

8 goals this season.

If he’s able to get another 7 that will mark a decent return to build on going forward

Unread 31-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Clownbones

Great news.

Along with Pogba, the most talented player in the squad.

Needs to do more, but even the level he's at now is very good.

And he's just great to watch. That counts for a lot IMO.

Jose trying to sell him for Perisic is arguably the worst thing he did while he was here.

Right there is why he isn't a United manager.

Unread 31-01-2019, 11:36 PM
Clownbones

Unread 01-02-2019, 06:58 AM
waynes ear's

To follow that tweet up, United posted this

@#%&!s

Unread 01-02-2019, 08:55 AM
Coracao

Time for him to step it up a bit and deliver consistently. He has the ability.

Unread 01-02-2019, 09:42 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
‘He's a fantastic finisher with great ability. He's young, he's intelligent, he knows his football. I'd like him to do a couple more runs in behind, but I've not seen many players with the quick feet and the skills in the last third as he has.

So we're going to build his career and hopefully he'll grab the chance with both feet.’

‘He has the capability,’ added the United caretaker boss. ‘I'd like him to make a few more runs in behind because he doesn't miss chances, he's a fantastic finisher. He doesn’t miss chances but he needs to get more chances.

'You've got to sniff some scruffy goals at times. He and Marcus score loads of worldies but those tap-ins that I used to score make all the difference.

‘Anthony's preferred position would probably be No.9. Most of them want to play through the middle. We want them to rotate, interchange, you've got to get into the box to score.

‘They can have healthy competition but they can also create a relationship and get an understanding of each other because both are very good coming in off the left. When they play central they go in and out so in the coming years we'll see loads of combinations.’
Really promising comments from Ole on Martial

Shows he recognises Martial's biggest flaw which is his off the ball movement and wants to work on improving it
If he gets his off the ball movement and runs in behind up to Rashford's level then he'll get 30 plus a season no problem

Unread 01-02-2019, 10:00 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Really promising comments from Ole on Martial

Shows he recognises Martial's biggest flaw which is his off the ball movement and wants to work on improving it
If he gets his off the ball movement and runs in behind up to Rashford's level then he'll get 30 plus a season no problem
Think it’s going to help a lot having a manger with ole’s background. Similar to Sir Elbows. Loved a striker.

Not sure what the other three could have offered in help.
Mou - track back
Louis - give the keeper the eye
Moyes - watch videos of Tim Cahill
Closed Thread