United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-04-2023, 08:41 AM
Ethers

I don’t think there’s many players who stay fit all season, so saying there’s zero chance of him doing it seems a bit irrelevant.

He’s played over 30 games for us this season, and a World Cup. We’ve had one of the most intensive runs of fixtures I’ve ever known, so I don’t think it’s surprising he’s picked something up, as we haven’t been able to rest him as we should.

To say he can’t be relied on to stay fit is over the top. He’s consistently been one of our best players this season, and has made a massive contribution to where we are right now.

But yeah, let’s swap him for the “bloke from Napoli” because a few gimps on here are overreacting to everything as usual.

Unread 15-04-2023, 08:42 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
The reaction to him and Martinez getting injured is pathetic.
true, we look sprightly at the minute.

Unread 15-04-2023, 09:48 AM
AK14

We definitely can’t have him and the lad from Napoli

No siree, it’s just one or the other.

Unread 15-04-2023, 10:07 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
I don’t think there’s many players who stay fit all season, so saying there’s zero chance of him doing it seems a bit irrelevant.

He’s played over 30 games for us this season, and a World Cup. We’ve had one of the most intensive runs of fixtures I’ve ever known, so I don’t think it’s surprising he’s picked something up, as we haven’t been able to rest him as we should.

To say he can’t be relied on to stay fit is over the top. He’s consistently been one of our best players this season, and has made a massive contribution to where we are right now.

But yeah, let’s swap him for the “bloke from Napoli” because a few gimps on here are overreacting to everything as usual.
absolutely this

log everyone out, warning on the front page before logging in

"beware, rancid smell of piss but ok with cookies?"

Unread 15-04-2023, 10:13 AM
NedKelly

Quote:

Bang on. Was always going to be tough keeping players fit with a World Cup plonked bang in the middle of a season.

He’s brilliant and compliments Martinez in his style of play. He’s the Ferdinand to Lisandro’s Vidic.

Unread 15-04-2023, 06:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

He’s a brilliant player who has played more than i think most expected. Especially after a World Cup. The last few weeks, we’ve had to manage him more. That’s not criticism of him or knee-jerk reaction. Just how it is. And now he’s got an injury due to this ridiculous schedule. Someone more prone to injury like him was always susceptible.

Next season, he’ll need to be managed even more in an area of the pitch you don’t really want to be changing a lot. It’s somewhere we’ll need to address soon with better options than we have now. That’s been the case for a while.

These aren’t overreactions or anything new. You’re overreacting to the reaction

Unread 15-04-2023, 07:27 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
He’s a brilliant player who has played more than i think most expected. Especially after a World Cup. The last few weeks, we’ve had to manage him more. That’s not criticism of him or knee-jerk reaction. Just how it is. And now he’s got an injury due to this ridiculous schedule. Someone more prone to injury like him was always susceptible.

Next season, he’ll need to be managed even more in an area of the pitch you don’t really want to be changing a lot. It’s somewhere we’ll need to address soon with better options than we have now. That’s been the case for a while.

These aren’t overreactions or anything new. You’re overreacting to the reaction

Unread 15-04-2023, 08:47 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
true, we look sprightly at the minute.
So does that mean we are going to finish outside the top 4?

Unread 05-05-2023, 11:23 AM
dunk

Closed Thread