United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-12-2020, 10:36 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He's one of my favourite players and I don't think he played as badly as people are making out. But he drops too deep.
I think it was the two sitters while the score was 1-1 people are pissed about tbf.

Although, at least he was in those positions, goalscoring positions. If he could just get the goalscoring part of it right then he'd be alright.

Obviously we're not going to get rid of him, actually starting to feel bad for him. Had a shit season so far and desperately needs to score a few goals.

Unread 02-12-2020, 10:37 PM
suedeshoes

He's still shit. The shit @#%&!.

utd99

Mentally weak. Not good enough.

‘If a guy employed to score goals could just get the goalscoring bit right he’d be good’

Good grief.

triple sod

Quote:
He's one of my favourite players and I don't think he played as badly as people are making out. But he drops too deep.
He's a good player in a bad run of form. Desperately needs a goal, would've done him wonders just to put that first chance away tonight

Unread 02-12-2020, 10:39 PM
Tronics

Love him, think he's a hell of a player but simply must score at least 1 of the chances he got tonight, especially the 1st goal.

I still think he's playing in his best position on the left of a front 3, hopefully, he bounces back and comes back against stronger.

armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I think it was the two sitters while the score was 1-1 people are pissed about tbf.

Although, at least he was in those positions, goalscoring positions. If he could just get the goalscoring part of it right then he'd be alright.

Obviously we're not going to get rid of him, actually starting to feel bad for him. Had a shit season so far and desperately needs to score a few goals.
One sitter imo but Bruno had more sitters. Particularly the one from the pass from...Martial.

He's dropping too deep but I think maybe it's too late for him to change. Jose basically ruinned him imo.

browser

Quote:
Mine too and I really like the linkup between him, Rashford and Cavani but he's really out of form in front of goal. Missed a bad one against West Brom and the one tonight was Rosenthalesque

Unread 02-12-2020, 10:42 PM
ZiggyStardust

He’s just too casual
Loses the ball so easily at times

Don’t think he’s serious enough to become a top player

Unread 02-12-2020, 10:46 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He’s just too casual

This. Arsed about missed chances. He lacks drive.

Weird thing is he can turn it on when he’s in the mood.

Very Poggy.

Unread 02-12-2020, 10:46 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He’s just too casual

Nail on head.

Loses the ball to much and you can tell he just doesn't really want it.

Unread 02-12-2020, 10:48 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Very Poggy.
Another of Keane’s “bluffers”

Unread 02-12-2020, 10:53 PM
AK14

Hopefully PSG come calling in the summer.

Unread 02-12-2020, 10:59 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Hopefully PSG come calling in the summer.
Hopefully they weren't paying any tention how he played against them tonight.

Unread 02-12-2020, 11:12 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Had a shit season so far and desperately needs to score a few goals
Had a go at him earlier, but this is basically correct. As ever, few look more out of place on a football pitch as an out of form striker.

Unread 02-12-2020, 11:17 PM
armchair

Had Bruno controlled and taken a shot as opposed to try to play the first time pass to Cavani, I think people would be talking differently.

Unread 03-12-2020, 12:13 AM
Palmer

Despite the two horrific misses he actually played better than he has for a while.

Unread 03-12-2020, 02:25 AM
shenwen

Such an average player. At one point we broke and rashford burst a gut on one side, Martial barely jogging on the other. So often takes the ball standing still (and then invariably loses it or runs down a blind alley). No movement whatsoever. He's not a striker. he's not a wide player. He's taking up space in a team while better players are left on the bench.

He's not going to change either. This is who he is. Question is can we afford to carry him any further?

Unread 03-12-2020, 07:12 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Very Poggy.
Or as I call them, sulking French @#%&!s.

Get them both out because once Pogba goes Martial will be even less arsed.

Unread 03-12-2020, 07:53 AM
believe

Honestly don’t understand why he gets such a free pass on here. Saying that 90% of the board thought Rooney was shit

I said in his first season we would never challenge for a title while he’s in the team and guess what.

Unread 03-12-2020, 07:58 AM
Patty_b

£#%&!ing hell, he's 25 in a couple of days

Never knew that, had an absolute Lingard with the lads age.

There's a quality player in there, but he's getting to the point now where his potential has passed him by.

Although with that said, he could score in his next game and then bag at least 20 for the season, and his shit start to the season would all but be forgotten.

My opinion on him is just like the sort of player he is. Inconsistent as £#%&!.