no UK invites

Unread 01-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Stone Monkey

Thumbs up Re: American pre-season tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
no UK invites
Of course Everyones welcome.

Chicago would be the best city probably.

Unread 01-02-2010, 07:12 PM
£#%&! KFC

Default Re: American pre-season tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
Of course Everyones welcome.

Chicago would be the best city probably.
defo......Chicago rocks

Unread 01-02-2010, 07:13 PM
Grimson

The problem with Chicago is that it's at least a 3 hour flight from anywhere else interesting.

Unread 01-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
The problem with Chicago is that it's at least a 3 hour flight from anywhere else interesting.
You do have a point Grim.

If indeed this is official I would probably take in two games anyway.

Unread 01-02-2010, 07:24 PM
M-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Do you have issues when you talk plop? I get looks like im drunk or on drugs.
Yes, on Saturday asked the butchers if he had any lamb, and he pointed over to the fruit and veg-thought I was asking for Limes !!!! £#%&!in mong.

Unread 01-02-2010, 07:26 PM
M-13

Quote:
USA based Fredsters meet?
Sounds good, I would prefer NYC though ??

Unread 01-02-2010, 07:34 PM
Tierra Del Fuego

Im gutted, im at the World Cup in SA for the whole of June so will be £#%&!ing skint but would have loved Chicago + Toronto.

Unread 01-02-2010, 07:37 PM
plopborsky

my grandad lives in toronto my mrs family live in indy (3 hours drive to chicago)

so i think i may be the first to have done both a london fred meet russia fred meet and a usa fred meet

Unread 01-02-2010, 07:54 PM
forzagarza

Chicago is probably the most important city in America, culturally speaking. You wouldn't be bothered about it not being near anywhere really.

Unread 01-02-2010, 08:10 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
we went both times in 2003 and 04....absolutley fantastic and don't need any excuse for a return trip to Chicago and NYC both on the listt apparently

strange it's so long since we've been back
I went in 2004 to Philadelphia and NY. Had a £#%&!ing great time. Some plum came over to where a load of us where sat singing in the ground at the Celtic game and started giving it "whooo Celtic" or some shite like that. He soon scuttled of when we all directed a load of songs at him, I don't think he expected a full volley of our finest Anglo Saxon

Unread 01-02-2010, 08:16 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed81
I went in 2004 to Philadelphia and NY. Had a £#%&!ing great time. Some plum came over to where a load of us where sat singing in the ground at the Celtic game and started giving it "whooo Celtic" or some shite like that. He soon scuttled of when we all directed a load of songs at him, I don't think he expected a full volley of our finest Anglo Saxon

yeah Philadelphia was quality way better than i expected although our hotel was:shakehead:...we stayyed in five star gaffs in LA, Seattle and Vegas and even the one in NYC was just about passable...but despite the hotel Philadelphia was superb

Unread 01-02-2010, 08:17 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
I went when we played Celtic at the Seahawks Stadium in Seattle. I was at that game and the game in LA I think we played Club America? The Seattle game was £#%&!ing great, largest ever crowd at Seahawks stadium.

Great day in the town center before kick off, getting pissed with all the Mancs and Celtic fans.

The locals were a bit worried to say the least

Unread 01-02-2010, 08:40 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:

yeah Philadelphia was quality way better than i expected although our hotel was:shakehead:...we stayyed in five star gaffs in LA, Seattle and Vegas and even the one in NYC was just about passable...but despite the hotel Philadelphia was superb
We stayed at the Sheraton in Philadelphia, got a deal of the internet cheap. Had a good time there, was down South Street quite a lot in the rock bars round there. Kind of enjoyed it more than NY in a way as the locals were a bit friendlier, I suppose they were less used to English visitors.

Quote:
I went when we played Celtic at the Seahawks Stadium in Seattle. I was at that game and the game in LA I think we played Club America? The Seattle game was £#%&!ing great, largest ever crowd at Seahawks stadium.

Great day in the town center before kick off, getting pissed with all the Mancs and Celtic fans.

The locals were a bit worried to say the least
I only went to the NY and Philadelphia games, some Celtic draped a flag the Rocky statue outside, was a good laugh
Every time we were talking to people in bars telling them we were there to watch united the response was "oh, so your like those British soccer hooligans", aye that's right love so you'd better bring me another beer before we wreck the place

Unread 01-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
We stayed at the Sheraton in Philadelphia, got a deal of the internet cheap. Had a good time there, was down South Street quite a lot in the rock bars round there. Kind of enjoyed it more than NY in a way as the locals were a bit friendlier, I suppose they were less used to English visitors.

I only went to the NY and Philadelphia games, some Celtic draped a flag the Rocky statue outside, was a good laugh
Every time we were talking to people in bars telling them we were there to watch united the response was "oh, so your like those British soccer hooligans", aye that's right love so you'd better bring me another beer before we wreck the place
We got the same shit

And; 'where did you get your shirt from?'

'Manchester'

'Is that in London'

Brilliant

Unread 01-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Rossi the Red

I fly out to new york on the 26th June as i'm road tripping across America for 6 weeks.

This will get firmly added into the itenary!

Unread 01-02-2010, 09:11 PM
bcred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierra Del Fuego
Im gutted, im at the World Cup in SA for the whole of June so will be £#%&!ing skint but would have loved Chicago + Toronto.
exactly. I'll only be able to make it if a west coast stop is added,and even then it needs to be a weekend. It's time off that is my problem.

Unread 01-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
I fly out to new york on the 26th June as i'm road tripping across America for 6 weeks.

This will get firmly added into the itenary!

Unread 01-02-2010, 09:18 PM
TravellingRed

Quote:
We got the same shit

And; 'where did you get your shirt from?'

'Manchester'

'Is that in London'

Brilliant
I was in a hostel in Brazil and there were a load of American college students staying there and some girl was asking if she flew to London could she get to Scotland from there as she is Scottish
Closed Thread