View Poll Results: Conte?
Yes to Conte 29 26.13%
No to Conte 82 73.87%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 02-10-2021, 01:35 PM
saffers

Default Antonio Conte

What does the forum feel? Can play the ugly game well but also has had some thrilling big wins while coaching Juve, Chelsea and Inter.

Would you accept the wigged one as manager?

For the Pogba lovers. Conte really did get a big song out of Pogba at Juve.

Unread 02-10-2021, 01:38 PM
dunk

Not a chance.

Unread 02-10-2021, 01:39 PM
AK14

Yes

Anyone that has an idea of how to coach footballers and win trophies

Ole has done great in rebuilding the squad imo, pretty much been like a DoF and got rid of some proper shit. Now it’s time to hand the keys to someone who knows what they’re doing.

Unread 02-10-2021, 01:41 PM
red in cumbria

Deeply unenthusiastic overall, but might just be what we need as a temporary measure at this moment in time.

Unread 02-10-2021, 01:43 PM
Vedder

I honestly don’t know anymore. Everything we try fails.

Unread 02-10-2021, 01:47 PM
AK14

Get this horrible little @#%&! in and he’d eventually win the league and maybe a Cl with this squad

He’d probably throw a tantrum in a couple of years and £#%&! off by which time there’d hopefully be an outstanding candidate to take over…

Complete waste of time sticking with Ole from here on and we’ll only waste the best squad we’ve had for a very long time allowing him to continue.

Unread 02-10-2021, 01:51 PM
ZiggyStardust

Big no from me

Would be a terrible appointment

Wouldn’t suit our squad at all and we’re going in a direction of trying to dominate games and play good football
Ole doesn’t have a clue how to coach a side to do it but that’s clearly what this squad has been built for

Conte plays defensive shit on a stick football
Plus he’s an even bigger primadonna than Jose

He’s CL record is awful as well

Unread 02-10-2021, 01:51 PM
tatty

I’m baffled by those who don’t want Conte because he’s defensive minded.

We desperately need to be turned in to a well drilled, difficult to beat team.

The talent we have up front will still score.

Unread 02-10-2021, 01:52 PM
Buck

If there is a change I am sure Ronaldo will have an input...

Unread 02-10-2021, 01:52 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

Yeah, hence my "at this moment in time".

Unread 02-10-2021, 01:54 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty

Problem is we don’t have the players capable. Will take 4 windows as we will be slow as usual to act in the transfers and by the time he gets his team we will be pissed off at the lack of attacking intent and still losing.

Pull the trigger on ole if they can get an attacking manager who is known to be more tactically inclined. Otherwise we just press the reset button and wait 3 years till the new guy gets his team

Unread 02-10-2021, 01:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
If there is a change I am sure Ronaldo will have an input...

I’d take him too.

I’m even warming to the idea of bringing LVG back

Vedder

Zidane? Not a £#%&!ing chance

saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not a chance.
I'm almost there man. I voted yes but kind of don't want him. I'm blaming Ole for this.

Dont forget what Contes chelsea did to Pep in his own backyard

Unread 02-10-2021, 01:58 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
I'm almost there man. I voted yes but kind of don't want him. I'm blaming Ole for this.

Dont forget what Contes chelsea did to Pep in his own backyard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gLyullEqoY
Oles done that regularly in peps back yard

Unread 02-10-2021, 01:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I’d take him too.

If ever there was a frying pan to fire scenario......

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:00 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Problem is we don’t have the players capable. Will take 4 windows as we will be slow as usual to act in the transfers and by the time he gets his team we will be pissed off at the lack of attacking intent and still losing.

Pull the trigger on ole if they can get an attacking manager who is known to be more tactically inclined. Otherwise we just press the reset button and wait 3 years till the new guy gets his team
We are two good defensive midfielders away from a squad that could play in any formation.

If Conte came in before the January window he’d get at least one which would go a huge way to sorting us out.

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:01 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I’d take him too.

We actually have attacking players who can beat a man now in Fernandes, Ronaldo, Sancho (who is looking better and better), Greenwood etc. He’d probably have us playing boring football but we’d actually win the games with what we have up front now. And we’d look well drilled.

Pipe dreams aside, hard to think of anyone not tied down to a big team already. Graham Potter it is.

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:01 PM
saffers

Theres no way Conte would be worse than Ole. But in a way he is more proven tactically than Zizou. Id feel safe knowing he would get the most out of our players.

Zidane seems like a luxury version of Ole tbh. Once his real squad declined the CL fun ended....

Unread 02-10-2021, 02:05 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Only a matter of time before Big Nagels makes the step up to the Premier League, and the likes of City, Chelsea and Liverpool will be all over him.

Is the smart play to make a move before the others?

Closed Thread