United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 12-05-2023, 10:06 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Big Jim in league with rats who have stolen £1 billion from MUFC but on the ethical scoreboard that's better than Qatari ownership eh .All the talk about United's fans and putting Manchester back into the club. Bullshitter.
I presume by your post you actually think the Glazer’s will be in partnership with Ratcliffe and will still have a say in how the club is run after Ratcliffe spends billions to buy full control of the club

Nobody knows if he’ll be a good owner of the club but (leaving aside the ethical concerns of them owning the club) why do some of you think the Qatari will be

Unread 12-05-2023, 10:12 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I presume by your post you actually think the Glazer’s will be in partnership with Ratcliffe and will still have a say in how the club is run after Ratcliffe spends billions to buy full control of the club

Nobody knows if he’ll be a good owner of the club but (leaving aside the ethical concerns of them owning the club) why do some of you think the Qatari will be
I think for many Ziggy, any buyout that extinguishes the Glazers from the club altogether is the most attractive bid. I’m in that camp too tbh, the thought of them still creaming profits after the way they have treated the club stinks. I just can’t shake that off.

Unread 12-05-2023, 10:13 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I think for many Ziggy, any buyout that extinguishes the Glazers from the club altogether is the most attractive bid. I’m in that camp too tbh, the thought of them still creaming profits after the way they have treated the club stinks. I just can’t shake that off.
it’s not exactly dream town is it

Unread 12-05-2023, 10:13 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Who’s playing Big Jim in the movie? Bill Nighy is my pick.
Same guy that plays Frank Gallagher.

Unread 12-05-2023, 10:18 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
They’re not going to be creaming profits from the club like they have in the past as they’ll have no control over the club so no paying themselves dividends or “consultancy fees”

They’ll just be minority shareholders like a number of investment funds who own chunks of the club but nobody knows or cares who they are as they have no control or influence on the club

I’d prefer them gone completely from the club but if Ratcliffe is a good owner and helps makes us successful again then no one will care if the Glazers are still minority shareholders as they won’t be at games or have any influence on the club

Unread 12-05-2023, 10:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Big Jim

Unread 13-05-2023, 05:00 AM
shenwen

so having glazers around is not that bad after all?

amazing how many have fell hook line and sinker for the "Big Jim", local lad, PR machine simply because they think the alternative is so much worse.

Unread 13-05-2023, 05:21 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
so having glazers around is not that bad after all?

amazing how many have fell hook line and sinker for the "Big Jim", local lad, PR machine simply because they think the alternative is so much worse.
They don’t think the alternative is much worse though, they just have this weird fixation with the Middle East and want to make any excuse not to see the benefits:

BJG had basically said all Manchester United fans who wanted the glazers out are clueless #@&%!s because he’s happy to go in to business with them. And for the even more clueless sheep, any percentage owner of a company has a say. I have investors with less than 1% and they have to be notified of any decision I make. If there is any question over the decisions I make it goes to a vote. The fact that there’s two of them and they’ve still got such a large chunk don’t be surprised when decisions go against us and they take out money year on year:

Unread 13-05-2023, 05:22 AM
RedMenace

The alternative, given they apparently won't accept Ratcliffe's offer for all of their shares, is Qatar or the Glazers remaining in control. Each to their own but I don't want either option. Aside from the fact that nobody has ever heard of Sheikh Jassim and his foundation, state ownership of football clubs is not a good thing. I don't care if they buy Liverpool, it'll be the same as City. Artificial success. You have to have prínciples at some point. Not that Ineos are ideal either by any means but if it's them or Qatar then I'm choosing them.

Unread 13-05-2023, 05:49 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
They don’t think the alternative is much worse though, they just have this weird fixation with the Middle East and want to make any excuse not to see the benefits:

BJG had basically said all Manchester United fans who wanted the glazers out are clueless #@&%!s because he’s happy to go in to business with them. And for the even more clueless sheep, any percentage owner of a company has a say. I have investors with less than 1% and they have to be notified of any decision I make. If there is any question over the decisions I make it goes to a vote. The fact that there’s two of them and they’ve still got such a large chunk don’t be surprised when decisions go against us and they take out money year on year:
Eh up, Theo Paphitis is in.

They won’t be taking money out of the club, there will be no payment of dividends. They’re hoping to sell their remaining shares in the club in a few years time for a higher value than they’re worth now, but that isn’t taking money out of the club, it’s not the club’s money.

In terms of decisions, do you think the minority shareholders currently wield any decision making power at United? Do we often hear about Lindsell Train or John Rogers Jr getting involved in decision making at United? Because between them they own about half a billion dollars worth of shares in the club.

Of course we don’t. Doubt many people have even heard of them. Because they’re in it purely as an investment, and don’t have the power to really do anything. This is what the Glazer brothers will be relegated to.

Nobody actively wants them to be hanging about, but it’s a pill we’re prepared to swallow to get them out of power and have the decision making at the club in the hands of someone else.

Unread 13-05-2023, 06:29 AM
believe

The reason we don’t hear from them (even though we’ve no idea the discussions that go on behind the scenes) is that they’re happy with the decisions being made and how the club is being run. The same way BJG is happy to keep them on because he’s obviously happy with the job they’ve been doing.

United fans who have been protesting against them all these years look pretty stupid now.

Edit: I’m more Bannatyne than Paphitis

Double edit: imagine if the Qataris had done a deal where they kept the glazers on the songs tonight would be deafening

Unread 13-05-2023, 07:27 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
The alternative, given they apparently won't accept Ratcliffe's offer for all of their shares, is Qatar or the Glazers remaining in control. Each to their own but I don't want either option. Aside from the fact that nobody has ever heard of Sheikh Jassim and his foundation, state ownership of football clubs is not a good thing. I don't care if they buy Liverpool, it'll be the same as City. Artificial success. You have to have prínciples at some point. Not that Ineos are ideal either by any means but if it's them or Qatar then I'm choosing them.
This.

Bellers - what do you make of what Qatar have done with PSG? Well run? Successful? Positive impact? Well regarded by their peers? Considered one of the great football clubs?

Unread 13-05-2023, 07:29 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
This.

Bellers - what do you make of what Qatar have done with PSG? Well run? Successful? Positive impact? Well regarded by their peers? Considered one of the great football clubs?
PSG are one of the biggest “supported” clubs in football now so they’ve done something right and haven’t they been knocking on the door of a champions league final most seasons?

We’ve already had this conversation though and there’s literally no comparison to what might happen at United to what’s happened at PSG.

Unread 13-05-2023, 07:35 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
PSG are one of the biggest “supported” clubs in football now so they’ve done something right and haven’t they been knocking on the door of a champions league final most seasons?

We’ve already had this conversation though and there’s literally no comparison to what might happen at United to what’s happened at PSG.
Why can’t you compare? It’s the same regime of the organisation that’s trying to buy united ffs.

‘They’ve done something right’

Unread 13-05-2023, 07:47 AM
believe

Quote:
Why can’t you compare? It’s the same regime of the organisation that’s trying to buy united ffs.

‘They’ve done something right’
Mate, enjoy Jim and the Glazers. I actually couldn’t care either way it just seems like an awful lot of backtracking.

Unread 13-05-2023, 07:50 AM
Stickman

Quote:
This.

For a balanced debate, what do you think of Nice?

Unread 13-05-2023, 07:50 AM
Bonkon

Just been forwarded this on a WhatsApp group from a mate of mine who's best mate works at OT.
Obviously take with a punch of salt but...

Just been sent this, from a source at the club

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Manchester United FC Welcomes Sir Jim Ratcliffe and INEOS as New Owners: Unprecedented Investment Unveiled for Players and Ground

Manchester, United Kingdom - May 12, 2023 - In a groundbreaking turn of events, Manchester United Football Club is proud to announce its acquisition by renowned business magnate Sir Jim Ratcliffe and his global enterprise INEOS. This momentous deal marks a new era for the iconic football club, bringing with it an unparalleled commitment to investment and a vision to propel Manchester United to the pinnacle of football excellence.

Under the stewardship of Sir Jim Ratcliffe, one of Britain’s most successful entrepreneurs, and backed by the formidable resources of INEOS, Manchester United FC is set to embark on an ambitious journey that will redefine the club’s future. The acquisition not only demonstrates the attractiveness and global appeal of the club but also signifies the unwavering commitment of its new owners towards revitalizing its illustrious legacy.

Foreseeing the immense potential of the club, Sir Jim Ratcliffe and INEOS have pledged an extraordinary injection of capital that will undoubtedly transform Manchester United into a force to be reckoned with. With a focus on strengthening the squad, world-class talent will be scouted and acquired to bolster the team’s competitive edge and restore its prominence in domestic and international competitions.

Furthermore, the investment does not stop with player acquisitions alone. Sir Jim Ratcliffe has recognized the historical significance of Old Trafford, the legendary home ground of Manchester United. As part of this unprecedented deal, plans are already underway for a comprehensive redevelopment and modernization of the stadium. The objective is to create an unparalleled fan experience, combining state-of-the-art facilities with an atmosphere befitting the club’s glorious heritage.

The acquisition of Manchester United by Sir Jim Ratcliffe and INEOS has been met with widespread anticipation and enthusiasm from fans, supporters, and football enthusiasts around the world. The move signifies a renewed commitment to success and represents a testament to the enduring legacy of this iconic football institution.

As Manchester United enters this exciting new chapter, the club’s supporters can expect a renewed focus on excellence, a relentless pursuit of glory, and an unwavering dedication to the values that have defined the club throughout its storied history.

About Manchester United Football Club:

Manchester United Football Club, founded in 1878, is one of the most storied and successful football clubs in the world. Based in Manchester, England, the club has a rich history, boasting numerous domestic and international titles, as well as a passionate global fan base. Manchester United has consistently been at the forefront of English football, known for its iconic players, legendary managers, and a commitment to excellence both on and off the pitch.

Unread 13-05-2023, 07:51 AM
Ethers

I think the ones who should feel stupid are the Qatari cheerleaders who were getting wet about all the money we’d have to spend, and calling Jim a cheap skate. Banging on about how money is no object to the Fake Sheikh and his mates.

Only to see them outbid

Bullet dodged imo. All mouth and no trousers these lot.

Unread 13-05-2023, 07:56 AM
magic_cantona

It's just awfully weird that some on this thread seem to revel that the Glazers are part of the SJR bid, rather than just being honest and saying exactly how it is. Oh well, lol.

Everyone (despite what the wums say) just wants the best deal and future for United. As if it isn't normal to feel repulsed by the Glazers still being here when all we've ever wanted was them out? Totally out. But, if this saves United from financial ruin and we can truly compete (in today's new ball game) then great. My main concern is United, not looking for a reaction.

I just genuinely hope that when the takeover happens, we don't start hearing about there being no value in the transfer market and that building costs to sort OT are a bit too high right now. Here's hoping.

Unread 13-05-2023, 07:57 AM
believe

Outbid they didn’t want to get in bed with the Glazers, proper business men.