United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Default Re: fergie on the debt, transfers and diouf

Its a bit of an insult to the supporters when he comes up with comments like 'no value in the market'. He paid 30m for Berbatov for christs sake.

Unread 09-01-2010, 01:46 PM
believe

we £#%&!ing battered chelsea. £#%&! off tufty you @#%&!.

Unread 09-01-2010, 01:49 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
We can talk about If's all day. Im sure Chelsea fans say the same about their defeats and draws that have cost them points
The team selections at Anfield and Chelsea cost us the most and Burnley would have been a lot different if Carrick had scored that penalty.
As you mention, it was the inablity to score that cost us them games.
In some of them we had 3 strikers on the pitch and missed sitter after sitter, or seen shots hit the pots, be cleared off the line and keepers having the game of their lives (Friedel and Jensen to name but two).

Its not always a case of pointing to the strikers, but to the movement around them. Valencia plays better with Rafael, as Rafael gets forward and takes a marker away from valencia.
Berbatov plays better with attacking wingers and full backs, he holds the ball, draws in two defenders and gives the ball out wide, against leeds he never had that option till valencia came on, but the back up from Neville was never coming.

I wasnt that confident last season that we would pull a goal or two back, but having Ronaldo always gave you a chance.

The injuries we have had to our defence have been disasterous. Its gone from a situation where we have had 2 decent defenders for every position in defence, to having no defenders at all. I doubt any club would cope with that for and given the numbers out, it would be foolish to buy a back up, as it would just lead to an overburden when fit. (Given that strong rumours indicate that Vidic will go in the summer, despite him saying its rubbish. He only stayed this summer as Fergie wouldnt sell him and Ronaldo in the same year. Also strong rumours that Rodwell will arrive in the summer).
We havent played what would be classed as a first X1 since Moscow in May 08.

Theres nothing to loose with Diuf. You can compare to Ole as he came from the Norweigan league and looking at Ole's signing it was a gamble at the time.
We also signed Ronny Johnson who was a superb signing. But if people are already asking for Ole like performances, then they are asking to much already.

What we need to do, is get Macheda and Wellbeck out on loan to a Championship club for the rest of the season. Perhaps Fergie Jnr being at Preston might open that door. Currently, neither player is good enough for the first team and lacks experience.
Thanks for that tactical class.

We've had plenty of chances in those games that should have been put away by the forwards who's job it is in the first place. Thats what has cost us, not the defence. The defence has been destroyed with injuries but it will get fit. Up front at the moment we are one injury away from having no one who you can rely on getting the ball in the net.

Again who is asking for Ole like performances from Diouf? If Fergie feels he is ready straight away then Fergie obviously has some high expections for him. I don't doubt for one minute he is expecting him to play to the standard of Ole. But he seems keen to get him started. I really hope that it is because he is good enough and not because we are desperate though. Because that would be expecting too much from the lad.

Unread 09-01-2010, 01:50 PM
In 76 now this is true

I think one problem we have, is knowing that you have to replace Scholes, Giggs, possibly Vidic and to bring in a defender to cover Vidic/Rio.
What we lack is a creative spark from the midfield, someone who will not only unlock a defence, pick out a killer pass, but weigh in with at least 10 goals a season.

What always gets me with the transfer window, is why clubs dont move on the 1st jan to bring players in? Look through the top leagues of European football and hardly any club has done business. What you tend to find is probably one big transfer throughout the whole of Europe, with the smaller clubs making a few last day panic buys. Why waste the whole month to do that on the last day.

Take away City and Madrid and even last summer there was hardly any movement. Whilst we have sat on the Ronaldo money, Milan havent spent the Kaka fee in what is an aging Milan side and Arsenal havent spent the Adebayour money when they need a striker.
Euro Champs Barca pulled off a good swap deal for eto, but didnt spend big.

The main players being touted are all for big fees. Ribbery is not worth the money Bayen want and no clubs are queuing up to bid for him. Villa is now 27, isnt the tallest of strikers and would be a gamble outside of Spain. With Silva being suited to a 4-3-3 formation (he could be that player to replace Scholes).

Id through Diouf on from the start today and give him at least 65 minutes to see what he can do, theres nothing to losse.

Unread 09-01-2010, 01:52 PM
In 76 now this is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
we £#%&!ing battered chelsea. £#%&! off tufty you @#%&!.
I wouldnt say we battered Chelsea. We held our own, created a couple of chances mainly from outside the box, but we didnt do enough to win. We still lacked something up front and probably missed Berbatov.

Often in the bigger games, Fergie sets up a team not to loose, rather than one that can win, its a bad game to play and has cost us in the bigger games.

Unread 09-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
I think one problem we have, is knowing that you have to replace Scholes, Giggs, possibly Vidic and to bring in a defender to cover Vidic/Rio.
What we lack is a creative spark from the midfield, someone who will not only unlock a defence, pick out a killer pass, but weigh in with at least 10 goals a season.

What always gets me with the transfer window, is why clubs dont move on the 1st jan to bring players in? Look through the top leagues of European football and hardly any club has done business. What you tend to find is probably one big transfer throughout the whole of Europe, with the smaller clubs making a few last day panic buys. Why waste the whole month to do that on the last day.

Take away City and Madrid and even last summer there was hardly any movement. Whilst we have sat on the Ronaldo money, Milan havent spent the Kaka fee in what is an aging Milan side and Arsenal havent spent the Adebayour money when they need a striker.
Euro Champs Barca pulled off a good swap deal for eto, but didnt spend big.

The main players being touted are all for big fees. Ribbery is not worth the money Bayen want and no clubs are queuing up to bid for him. Villa is now 27, isnt the tallest of strikers and would be a gamble outside of Spain. With Silva being suited to a 4-3-3 formation (he could be that player to replace Scholes).

Id through Diouf on from the start today and give him at least 65 minutes to see what he can do, theres nothing to losse.
apart from 3 points.

Unread 09-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Part 36 Offer

more bull shit from one of life's bullshitters.

He must think we are £#%&!ing stupid. It's alright fergie I'll spend £150 today to watch your shite.

Unread 09-01-2010, 01:57 PM
42ndstreet irregular

£#%&! me Tufty it's lose. Not loose or losse. Seriously, your spelling this afternoon is terrible. Proof read it or something.

Unread 09-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
more bull shit from one of life's bullshitters.

He must think we are £#%&!ing stupid. It's alright fergie I'll spend £150 today to watch your shite.
:shakehead:

Unread 09-01-2010, 01:59 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular
£#%&! me Tufty it's lose. Not loose or losse. Seriously, your spelling this afternoon is terrible. Proof read it or something.
watch out he might through something at you.

Unread 09-01-2010, 02:00 PM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
watch out he might through something at you.

Unread 09-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Tronics

Its the level of arrogance I don't really understand with the whole "there's no value in the market" blurb.

We have probably the worst squad in the top 4 yet SAF maintains there no player out there that's value for money ? What a joke.

If he would have just been honest and said we don't have the money to spend big so we're gonna buy these stop gap players (valencia and obers) and an experienced guy to teach the young un's (owen) I don't think anyone would have any qualms.

But with the best part of 70 odd mill burning a hole in our pocket and a team that looks defunct of ideas minus Rooney we really should be adding quality recruits.

Its unfortunate what's happened to our back line these past few weeks but if we're honest even when Ronnie and Tevez were about our strength in depth attacking wise was always questionable and it still hasn't been addressed.

Unread 09-01-2010, 02:02 PM
koppas

Quote:
it is simply because I am not going to pay £50m for a striker who is not worth it
What a load of absolute £#%&!ing %@#$&!s. He doesn't give a £#%&! how much the club pays for a player. It's his job to identify the players and the 'board' to get them in. The fee has £#%&! all to do with him.

I love Fergie to bits but that is absolute bullshit and it sickens me as it implies that King Karim was not worth £50m.

Unread 09-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
:shakehead:
you don't go to games? oh right

Unread 09-01-2010, 02:05 PM
koppas

Quote:
you don't go to games? oh right
Uh oh, it's the top red.

Unread 09-01-2010, 02:06 PM
jem

Quote:
I wouldnt say we battered Chelsea. We held our own, created a couple of chances mainly from outside the box, but we didnt do enough to win.
what actually happened was rooney was wrongly given offside when one-on-one with the keeper, we did not get a blatant penalty when terry pulled valencia down and chelsea scored from a free kick that should never have been given whilst drogba pulled brown over.

we way more than held our own. we were robbed.

as for the debt, fergie's grasp of finance is about as shite as it gets. no doubt he's still waiting and seeing.

Unread 09-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Uh oh, it's the top red.
sills

Unread 09-01-2010, 02:07 PM
jem

Default however

benzema isn't even worth £20mio.

Unread 09-01-2010, 02:10 PM
koppas

Quote:
sills
Are you implying I am like Sill in the Sopranos? Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
benzema isn't even worth £20mio.
Log out. Seriously.

Unread 09-01-2010, 02:14 PM
In 76 now this is true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
apart from 3 points.
You dont actually lose 3 points
Closed Thread