United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-06-2019, 08:18 AM
Switching Off

Football Platini arrested over 2022 world cup award

Unread 18-06-2019, 08:23 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

wasn't platini vocal against city and chelsea until psg were bought and he completely dropped his moral crusade? he's a bought out sack of shit.

Unread 18-06-2019, 08:26 AM
messhead

Is there any chance of this leading to Qatar losing it?

Unread 18-06-2019, 08:31 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Is there any chance of this leading to Qatar losing it?
Highly unlikely I would suspect. Theres people literally dying to get the stadiums finished.

Unread 18-06-2019, 08:40 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Highly unlikely I would suspect. Theres people literally dying to get the stadiums finished.
If it was won through corruption, then they should lose it. Germany said a while ago that they could take it on if necessary.

Unread 18-06-2019, 08:41 AM
Patty_b

As much as Platini is a horrible corrupt little troll @#%&!, there better be some more arrests in connection with this, it's not like he was acting on his own.

Although in the end it's not like any of it will matter. He'll walk away with a slapped wrist at best, and the tournament will still take place in Qatar regardless.

Unread 18-06-2019, 08:51 AM
believe

Honestly don't think it will happen

Unread 18-06-2019, 08:54 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Honestly don't think it will happen
The World Cup in Qatar, or the crooks who planned it getting theirs?

Unread 18-06-2019, 10:03 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
As much as Platini is a horrible corrupt little troll @#%&!, there better be some more arrests in connection with this, it's not like he was acting on his own.

Although in the end it's not like any of it will matter. He'll walk away with a slapped wrist at best, and the tournament will still take place in Qatar regardless.
The news report says it’s French anti-corruption officials that have arrested him. So, it might only be him that gets a tug from this investigation.

Unread 18-06-2019, 10:23 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
The World Cup in Qatar, or the crooks who planned it getting theirs?
The World Cup in Qatar. So many things still going wrong and I honestly can't see how they can host it with their ongoing dispute with surrounding countries.

Unread 18-06-2019, 10:27 AM
messhead

Quote:
The World Cup in Qatar. So many things still going wrong and I honestly can't see how they can host it with their ongoing dispute with surrounding countries.
It's so blatantly corrupt too, it's beyond a joke. Even the most open-minded people think it's ridiculous. Weren't they proposing several breaks in games due to the heat? It will be an awful tournament if it's allowed to go ahead, which will be a shame as the last two have been excellent for the most part. Brazil was awesome

Unread 18-06-2019, 10:28 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
What have they fallen out about?

Unread 18-06-2019, 10:29 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
It's so blatantly corrupt too, it's beyond a joke. Even the most open-minded people think it's ridiculous. Weren't they proposing several breaks in games due to the heat? It will be an awful tournament if it's allowed to go ahead, which will be a shame as the last two have been excellent for the most part. Brazil was awesome
What I can't understand is why the individual country FA's and especially players haven't told them to swivel?

Unread 18-06-2019, 10:59 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Yes. France picked up billions in trade deals right after it was awarded.

And then Qatar buys PSG.

And Platini’s son gets a job with Qatari company

All this after Platini had already pledged his vote to the USA.

Nothing going on here. Not a chance.
I thought it was really £#%&!ing dodgy when the Qataries threatened to pull out of PSG when it was revealed they were making a mockery of FFP, and everything went very quiet all of a sudden.

Unread 18-06-2019, 11:56 AM
utd99

It makes you wonder if there are any honest people left in the world; and I’m not talking about people who are honest simply because nobody’s ever offered them significant financial incentive not to be. That’s easy ‘honesty’.

Unread 18-06-2019, 12:13 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It makes you wonder if there are any honest people left in the world; and I’m not talking about people who are honest simply because nobody’s ever offered them significant financial incentive not to be. That’s easy ‘honesty’.
Everyone has their price... everyone !

Unread 18-06-2019, 12:21 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Everyone has their price... everyone !
Yep. These oil £#%&!s have so much they can and do buy everyone.

If they offered anyone on here a million to help city win the league, I bet everyone but maybe 2 or 3 would take it.

Unread 18-06-2019, 12:25 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

If they offered anyone on here a million to help city win the league, I bet everyone but maybe 2 or 3 would take it.
Everyone but the Irish lot I imagine.

Unread 18-06-2019, 12:27 PM
Patty_b

Quote:

In my current situation, then I probably would.

But the £#%&!ers implicated with dodgy dealings at UEFA and FIFA are pretty well off in the first place, it's not like they are struggling to make a living. If I was already worth a million, and then I was offered another million, I'd tell them to £#%&!ing shove it.

Although with that said, if you're president of UEFA or FIFA, then you're probably already a massive dodgy @#%&! who'd sell your own children for a quick quid.

Unread 18-06-2019, 12:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Cool

Quote:

Snap your £#%&!ing hand off mate, I'd do anything for a million pounds, absolutely anything......(family stuff aside)
Closed Thread