United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 25-11-2006, 12:39 PM
MUFC One Love

Default The Official Chelsea match thread.

4-4-2, playing our football, 3-1 victory.

4-5-1, Rooney wasted on the wing, sluggish display, best we can hope for is a 1-1.

Unread 25-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

4-5-1, Rooney wasted on the wing, sluggish display, best we can hope for is a 1-1.
Yeah Definetly all depends on fergie's tactics imo IF we play 4-4-2 best team it will be easier to swollow if we get beat cause we cant have many excuses

only other question for me is who plays at left back heinze or evra

Gotta be evra for me

Unread 25-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Stubbsy

United v Chelsea
Old Trafford
Sunday, 26 November
Kick-off: 1600 GMT

Manchester United have no new injury worries ahead of the top-of-the-table clash with champions Chelsea.

Rio Ferdinand had been a doubt after picking up a foot injury but has been passed fit, while Patrice Evra could come in for left-back Gabriel Heinze.

Chelsea should have top scorer Didier Drogba (ankle) and midfielder Michael Ballack available after slight knocks.

Frank Lampard returns to the squad and Ricardo Carvalho (ankle) has recovered, but Salomon Kalou is still sidelined.

Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Neville, O'Shea, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Silvestre, Heinze, Evra, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Richardson, Rooney, Saha, Smith.

Chelsea (from): Cudicini, Hilario, Ferreira, Geremi, Terry, Carvalho, Boulahrouz, Bridge, A Cole, Lampard, Essien, Ballack, Makelele, Drogba, Robben, Shevchenko, Wright-Phillips, J Cole, Diarra, Mikel.

Unread 25-11-2006, 01:02 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

If we play that, we'll lose. There's no question about that.

Unread 25-11-2006, 01:06 PM
Barry_Bethell

If Rooney plays anywhere but upfront united will lose.

There is also, of course, the possibility that Fletcher, Richardson and O'Shite could make an appearance at any given time; which means a guaranteed loss.

Unread 25-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Lodestar

4-5-1 draw. In his old age, Fergie will opt for caution. Formation might change for the second half if the score is 0-0 or we're losing.

Unread 25-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Cantona's collar

If we are losing say 2-0 with 10 minutes to go will the "Special needs one" perform the ultimate piss take and brink Mikel on ?

Unread 25-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Lazarus

Default I know Fergie

We will start with 4-4-1-1 played with an attacking mentality.

I can't guarantee we will win but I can assure you this is how battle shall commence.

Unread 25-11-2006, 02:29 PM
paddy2times

reckon a tight 2-1 .

Unread 25-11-2006, 03:07 PM
Filliam H. Muffman

4-4-2 and our best eleven - we have a chance.

4-5-1 - guaranteed loss.

I we can have some balls and really try to win - as opposed to our recent European displays.

Unread 25-11-2006, 03:09 PM
denis lawless

i dont think i can watch...i feel queezy

Unread 25-11-2006, 04:12 PM
tatty

I don't believe we'll be able to grind out as many 1-0 wins as Chelsea between now and May so for me we need to get 6 points off them in the head-to-heads. If we beat them home and away we'll win the league, if we don't we won't.

We should get out and attack them with our strongest side in a 4-4-2.

Unread 25-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Whalefish

I'm absolutely shitting it. I think we'll get dicked tomorrow and they'll make it look piss easy too.

Cyber drinks all round if I'm wrong.

Unread 25-11-2006, 04:44 PM
ralph

A straight forward 2 - 0 victory

Rooney and Ronaldo

Unread 25-11-2006, 05:15 PM
£#%&! KFC

Whalefish....you've predicted us to lose every game this season

even though we have been the best team in the Premiership by some distance and we won't lose tomorrow

Unread 25-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Whalefish....you've predicted us to lose every game this season

even though we have been the best team in the Premiership by some distance and we won't lose tomorrow
Alright Kev.

I didn't predict we'd lose against Arsenal. We did. Since then I'm adopting the reverse psychology approach. Apart from Celtic it's worked ok so far.

Unread 25-11-2006, 05:24 PM
£#%&! KFC

ok then but as you know I am superoptimistman when it comes to the shirts....so I predict a 4-0 win for United but really I'll settle for 1-0

Unread 25-11-2006, 05:39 PM
The Watcher

Chelsea play with a very tight four man midfield. This will leave plenty of space on the flanks for Giggs and Ronaldo to exploit. With Evra and Nevile bombing forward, we should be able to get 2 on 1 with their full backs. There's little point playing an extra man in CM and getting drawn into a midfield battle. That's playing straight into the rent boys hands and will lead to a United defeat.

442, same team as the one in Parkhead (minus Henzie) and play as we have at Bolton, Blackburn etc this season. If we do, we can win. If not, we'll loose.

Also, with our much smaller squad and the number of games over the christmas/new year period, we'll definately need a 6 point gap because I'm sure we'll drop more points then chelsea over that period

COME ON UNITED!!!

Unread 25-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Whalefish

Have a feeling he'll play Robben. Might revert to 4-3-3 tomorrow.

Still, even if he does we need to use our wide players and the full backs and get plenty of balls into the box. Cudicini hasn't looked the best when put under pressure.

Unread 25-11-2006, 05:54 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Have a feeling he'll play Robben. Might revert to 4-3-3 tomorrow.

Still, even if he does we need to use our wide players and the full backs and get plenty of balls into the box. Cudicini hasn't looked the best when put under pressure.
I'd be suprised. They've played 2 strikers all season so far. And who would make way for Robben? Drogba is on form at the moment and I doubt he'd drop Sheva. He was the big name signing of the summer. But I agree, 4-3-3 would probably cause us more problems.

Roniie and Giigs have been great so far. Hopefully, this is the type of game that'll help Rooney hit top form again.
Closed Thread