United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Food and Drink

Unread 03-07-2019, 09:58 AM
Hema

Default Quitting drinking for good

Anyone tried/achieved it?

Been off it 8 days and feeling good, looking a lot better, but got bad cravings. Mood swings all over the shop. This is after a bit of a bender.

Most I've managed is 3 months before. Usually try to avoid because pretty much always results in a bender.

Smashing the gym everyday seems the only way to stop the cravings.

Want to stop for good now. Any advice/experiences welcome.

Unread 03-07-2019, 10:00 AM
Lok

I didn't drink got over 10 years.

Only started again lately and that's to try and forget my mrs exists.

Unread 03-07-2019, 10:02 AM
waynes ear's

season kicks off in 39 days.

good luck

Unread 03-07-2019, 10:05 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

i don't think i've gone more than 7 days without a drink since the millennium.

good luck though. I couldn't uphold my current social life without it.

Unread 03-07-2019, 10:08 AM
Drexl

I'll be 5 months clean of weed and booze tomorrow

Not an alcoholic per se, but I danger drink as I have no ability to consume responsibly. I want to do a full year minimum, and just knocked a stag do on the head to help myself.

I'll freely admit I'm only doing it so I can get back on it in later life

Unread 03-07-2019, 10:11 AM
Patty_b

I practically gave up all casual drinking about two years ago. Found it incredibly easy tbh. But that's knowing that if I go to a wedding or a party, then all bets are off and I'm probably getting shit-faced. Only downside is that hangovers seem to be worse when you get pissed once or twice a year.

I have my favourite tipple in stock at home at all times, but will just have a small drink once a month, if that.

But I do smoke weed daily. If I didn't do that, then I think I'd probably drink more often. It's definitely a trade off.

Unread 03-07-2019, 10:11 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl View Post
I'll be 5 months clean of weed and booze tomorrow

Not an alcoholic per se, but I danger drink as I have no ability to consume responsibly. I want to do a full year minimum, and just knocked a stag do on the head to help myself.

I'll freely admit I'm only doing it so I can get back on it in later life
Noticed it in your post quality....

Good luck, I envy you.

I do 4 week breaks now and then

Trying weed kick but every single situation in life is better baked.

Drinking is easy

Unread 03-07-2019, 10:23 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Noticed it in your post quality....
Has it got even worse?

This place was one of my motivators for quitting tbh. I was usually pretty good at not posting after tanning the ale, but if I had a smoke or a little something else on top of it, I turned into a right bore. I'd wake up and feel shame. You lads don't need me drivelling over my keyboard.

In short: soz, and thanks all. Good place this

Unread 03-07-2019, 10:25 AM
messhead

Quote:
Has it got even worse?

This place was one of my motivators for quitting tbh. I was usually pretty good at not posting after tanning the ale, but if I had a smoke or a little something else on top of it, I turned into a right bore. I'd wake up and feel shame. You lads don't need me drivelling over my keyboard.

I do enough of that for all of us. Congrats on going straight though, had a break myself earlier this year and benefitted massively.

Unread 03-07-2019, 10:25 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Has it got even worse?

I'm only messing

Fair play.....5 months is no slouch