Unread 21-06-2019, 01:28 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Bravado, he's proud as £#%&! Fergie said that. Nqat

Unread 21-06-2019, 01:29 PM
Patty_b

Top red and top guy.

He would probably call me a @#%&! for saying so too.

Unread 21-06-2019, 01:31 PM
believe

One of the greatest players we'll ever see but he's also one of the oddest £#%&!ing men I've ever come across. He's a weird mix because I reckon he'd be a great bloke to have a pint with but I think you'd spend most of the night waiting for him to glass you.

Unread 21-06-2019, 01:37 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

i love him to bits.

Unread 21-06-2019, 01:50 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
One of the greatest players we'll ever see but he's also one of the oddest £#%&!ing men I've ever come across. He's a weird mix because I reckon he'd be a great bloke to have a pint with but I think you'd spend most of the night waiting for him to glass you.
it would be an absolute minefield. anything, absolutely anything could be construed as an insult.

I have a keano in my consciousness. a voice that bursts balloons and pisses on parades, and I don't know where it came from. but he's there to stay.

Unread 21-06-2019, 01:53 PM
Clownbones

Becoming a caricature of himself.

It's a compliment, Roy. Don't be a #@&%!.

Great captain, I wish he was still around and he's amusing to watch.... but let's be honest, he's a weird #@&%!

Unread 21-06-2019, 01:56 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
it would be an absolute minefield. anything, absolutely anything could be construed as an insult.

I have a keano in my consciousness. a voice that bursts balloons and pisses on parades, and I don't know where it came from. but he's there to stay.
i've said it before, his wife must have the patience of a saint.

"good morning, love"

"what do you mean 'good morning, love'?"

*sigh*

Unread 21-06-2019, 01:58 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

"Fancy another Guinness Roy?"

" I'm sat in a pub, with an empty glass, and I got the last ones. I'm actually insulted you asked me that. What else would I want? Do you ask the postman if he wants to deliver your mail?"

Unread 21-06-2019, 01:59 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
"Fancy another Guinness Roy?"

" I'm sat in a pub, with an empty glass, and I got the last ones. I'm actually insulted you asked me that. What else would I want? Do you ask the postman if he wants to deliver your mail?"

Unread 21-06-2019, 02:00 PM
Mr_Ed

Triggs wasn’t his biggest fan. Every argument Roy had meant a 20 mile walk.

Unread 21-06-2019, 02:00 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

Unread 21-06-2019, 02:03 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
The begbie of football.

Unread 21-06-2019, 02:28 PM
Seamus

his standards were high, sadly missed.

Unread 21-06-2019, 02:56 PM
The Stella Fella

Would get on well with Linguard

Unread 21-06-2019, 02:59 PM
Drexl

He's right though, isn't he?

You wouldn't say anything like that to any other type of sportsperson: Well done for winning that race Jessica, honestly did not think you would run 100% your fastest, thought you would only cruise along at 90% effort.

Putting in 100% is base line minimum required effort for the Keanes and the Drexls of this world

Off for a lie down now. Typing. Tired. So tired.

Unread 21-06-2019, 03:04 PM
goldfinger II

I wonder does he feel any satisfaction at all for his own career and achievements. It's actually sad that his amazing drive as a player was probably not born of any personal quality, but more likely the manifestation of a psychological issue. Or...maybe he just thinks to acknowledge any kind of personal skill or achievement is to be obscenely big-headed. Either way, I wish he'd lighten up a bit on himself and everyone else, tbh.

Unread 21-06-2019, 03:22 PM
originalhogg

Use to see him rounds the pubs in Hale and Altrincham, on some occasions with a gang from Cork by the looks of it.

Unread 21-06-2019, 03:24 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Becoming a caricature of himself.

It's a compliment, Roy. Don't be a #@&%!.

Great captain, I wish he was still around and he's amusing to watch.... but let's be honest, he's a weird #@&%!
I think he's just trying to send a message to the modern footballers he criticises on TV. Those who choose to walk when they could run. Pogba.

It's also a swipe at any teammate he's %@#$&!ed in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
He's right though, isn't he?

You wouldn't say anything like that to any other type of sportsperson: Well done for winning that race Jessica, honestly did not think you would run 100% your fastest, thought you would only cruise along at 90% effort.

Putting in 100% is base line minimum required effort for the Keanes and the Drexls of this world

Off for a lie down now. Typing. Tired. So tired.
But when you're part of a team, you can go missing... not from Roy's eyes.

Reckon Roy's great craic on a night out. Loves a laugh.
Closed Thread