United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-11-2006, 01:43 PM
violater

Default carrick its time to show if your up for it at united

this game and the game against benfica are games in which carricks needs to show if he is up for it at this club...

its all well playing easily balls ad trying not to stand out like a newly promoted reserve and occasionally coming up with a few 30 yarders but this is where we will see if carrick can cut the mustard.

we need wins agaisnt chelsea and benfica and carricks needs to have a*very* good game.

we didnt pay £5m or so for him. we paid a fee in the region on £18m.....

Unread 26-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Smurf

I dont think he reads Fred Tissue.

Yet.

Unread 26-11-2006, 01:45 PM
armchair

I think he's improved game on game. Always worried about his attitude though and perhaps a lack of drive. Showed up for me versus Celtic where United passed the ball for fun instead of to a purpose i.e. a goal.

We'll see. If it's a nominal 442 and scholes/carrick win the midfield then he's passed with flying colours.

Unread 26-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Fergie's Hairdryer

agree violater, he HAS to show what abilities he may have today, if he can't turn it on for the big games he shouldn't be anywhere near a United shirt

Unread 26-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
this game and the game against benfica are games in which carricks needs to show if he is up for it at this club...

its all well playing easily balls ad trying not to stand out like a newly promoted reserve and occasionally coming up with a few 30 yarders but this is where we will see if carrick can cut the mustard.

we need wins agaisnt chelsea and benfica and carricks needs to have a*very* good game.

Yawn We didnt pay 18Million for him £#%&!tard it was more like 14 and judging if a player is 'up for it' in two games is quite stupid

Unread 26-11-2006, 01:53 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I think he's improved game on game. Always worried about his attitude though and perhaps a lack of drive. Showed up for me versus Celtic where United passed the ball for fun instead of to a purpose i.e. a goal.

We'll see. If it's a nominal 442 and scholes/carrick win the midfield then he's passed with flying colours.
100% agree against celtic a time when he was running forward there was lots of space for him to run into but you could see he wasnt keen on running and was just looking to pass and running slowly...

if you look at our team forward of the defence you can see a match winner in all of them

giggs - the genuis can get us a winner
scholes - has done so many times
rooney - most games
ronaldo - most games
saha - has done and can do
carrick - ?

today is a big game in which we need big players.
cariick up until now has played well when everyone has played well hence never winning man of the match where as all the players above have been mom of the match and some point this season.

we need a matchwinner imo and for 18m i thinkw e should be getting one.

it,however is not too late for carrick to prove me wrong.

Unread 26-11-2006, 01:55 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
Yawn We didnt pay 18Million for him £#%&!tard it was more like 14 and judging if a player is 'up for it' in two games is quite stupid
2 important games.

if carrick cant have an inpact on games against chelsea and crucial european games then whats the point in buying him...

we would still piss 2nd place and get knocked out of europe without him.

Unread 26-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Macca1990

Quote:
100% agree against celtic a time when he was running forward there was lots of space for him to run into but you could see he wasnt keen on running and was just looking to pass and running slowly...

if you look at our team forward of the defence you can see a match winner in all of them

giggs - the genuis can get us a winner
scholes - has done so many times
rooney - most games
ronaldo - most games
saha - has done and can do
carrick - ?

today is a big game in which we need big players.
cariick up until now has played well when everyone has played well hence never winning man of the match where as all the players above have been mom of the match and some point this season.

we need a matchwinner imo and for 18m i thinkw e should be getting one.

it,however is not too late for carrick to prove me wrong.

Answer me this then do you think we would have won half of the matches we have done with midfield pairing of scholes & O'shea,no I don't and I'm not justyifying carricks value worth to the team etc but for me Scholes and Carrick have been Thee best premiership pairing so far

Have you watched all our games every minute of them if so you will realise aswell as playing the simple ball's keeping things ticking over he is well capable of finding a pass out that you couldnt even dream of from the stands and that is why he is worth so much to us

Unread 26-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Fergie's Hairdryer

Quote:
we would still piss 2nd place and get knocked out of europe without him.
a good point well said, we need our signings to make a difference, and the only difference he's made so far as i see it is he allows Scholes to roam more freely

not being funny but any @#%&! can do that

Unread 26-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie's Hairdryer

no you are wrong plain and simple look at some of the gibbons we've tried to do it the past couple of years and look how highly makelele is rated by chelsea so don't say foolish things

Unread 26-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Fergie's Hairdryer

Thumbs up

Quote:
no you are wrong plain and simple look at some of the gibbons we've tried to do it the past couple of years and look how highly makelele is rated by chelsea so don't say foolish things
you have your opinion i have mine

Unread 26-11-2006, 02:05 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
a good point well said, we need our signings to make a difference, and the only difference he's made so far as i see it is he allows Scholes to roam more freely

Yeh right,absolutely any £#%&!er

Unread 26-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Macca1990

Quote:
you have your opinion i have mine
fair enough

Unread 26-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Correct.

No surprise that Fletcher has been used out wide when he's played this season. The odd game where he's featured in the centre minus Carrick has seen Utd lose the ball quite easily. He's played well this season to be fair to the lad but his mistakes aren't as serious when he's out wide. And he's still made plenty.

So when we lose today I suspect this will end up like RI main? Carrick is shit etc, despite 10 others being on the pitch who most probably played very poorly.

Oh and for the record, the fee is just under £14million - not that it has anything to do with the player nor should it be used as a stick to beat him with. I'll be very happy if he costs the full amount though. It means we've won a few trophies and the lads done well.

Unread 26-11-2006, 02:08 PM
KHITC.

Quote:

you are intent on criticising him aren't you? The difference he has made in terms of our ability to retain the ball has been immense. I admit he still needs to improve and impose himself more but he has made a steady start. Anyone who has played the game to any decent standard knows how important players like him are. Sadly, this is where you come up short Vio. Your constant criticism of him is becoming rather tedious.

Unread 26-11-2006, 02:11 PM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Correct.

No surprise that Fletcher has been used out wide when he's played this season. The odd game where he's featured in the centre minus Carrick has seen Utd lose the ball quite easily. He's played well this season to be fair to the lad but his mistakes aren't as serious when he's out wide. And he's still made plenty.

So when we lose today I suspect this will end up like RI main? Carrick is shit etc, despite 10 others being on the pitch who most probably played very poorly.

Oh and for the record, the fee is just under £14million - not that it has anything to do with the player nor should it be used as a stick to beat him with. I'll be very happy if he costs the full amount though. It means we've won a few trophies and the lads done well.
Spot £#%&!ing On mate can't add anything else top post ,Except for the us losing today try to have a positive output mate at least until the match is over

Unread 26-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Whalefish

We could hardly keep the ball against them last season and were lucky to scrape a win. I'm hoping it's different this time and as much as I rate the lad, I can't see him standing out against the likes of Essien and Makelele today. Ballack too.

Which is a pity. But there you go. Still won't slate the lad as I think he's made a huge difference this season.

Unread 26-11-2006, 02:13 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Spot £#%&!ing On mate can't add anything else top post ,Except for the us losing today try to have a positive output mate at least until the match is over
Reverse psychology, although I do fear the worst today.

Unread 26-11-2006, 02:13 PM
KHITC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
We could hardly keep the ball against them last season and were lucky to scrape a win. I'm hoping it's different this time and as much as I rate the lad, I can't see him standing out against the likes of Essien and Makelele today. Ballack too.

Which is a pity. But there you go. Still won't slate the lad as I think he's made a huge difference this season.
here here

Unread 26-11-2006, 02:16 PM
armchair

we should be able to pass these to death but if the final ball goes astray they could just counter through the centre and be in on goal all too quickly.

We certainly won't overpower them and hopefully Fergie won't even try.

No Rooney on the left though.

I've been shocked by the criticism Saha has got this week btw.
Closed Thread