Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-04-2008, 12:36 PM
thatsfuctit

Default Keano a bit bitter

you should have gone sooner imo Roy, legend though you are

Unread 05-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Mr_Ed

Legend. I fail to find fault with Roy to be honest...

Coming out and saying the team was shite and people weren't performing needed saying really.

Unread 05-04-2008, 12:44 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Legend. I fail to find fault with Roy to be honest...

Coming out and saying the team was shite and people weren't performing needed saying really.
indeed.. I always found Keane's honesty refreshing, but I don't think "accomodating" him in the latter stages of his time at United did anyone any favours.

Unread 05-04-2008, 02:45 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
"They were thanking me for 11-and-a-half years. I had to remind the manager and chief executive (David Gill) I had been there 12-and-a-half years."

Unread 05-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Kim Jong-il

He's a @#%&!.

Unread 05-04-2008, 02:59 PM
wonky no

roy keane is very quick to give his opinions out in the press, why he needs to say this now is totally bamboozling.

He has faults, rejoining the irish squad after stating he couldn't play 2 games a week for us was bang out of order. He was a fantastic player for us, one of the best we've had but in his case i will say that he got more than enough back of the club for his services.

Let's face it, he was hardly hard done by by the club was he?

thanks for all you did Roy but can you now just shut the £#%&! up?

Unread 05-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Father Christmas

What's he complaining about United were paying him £100K per week for months after he left. Oh and he was shite in his last seasons with us and the main reason why we won £#%&! all.

Unread 05-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Jong-il
He's a @#%&!.

a tad harsh but he does my head in with his rants, he talks %@#$&!s. He is like a spoilt child some of the time.

Unread 05-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Crumps

He should have had the balls to pack it in and £#%&! off when his performances dropped like Eric did. Not much money in that though was there Roy?

Pre 2002 = Legend (on the pitch)
Post 2002 = Utter £#%&!ing @#%&!

Some of actions and behviour were so bang out of order (or a least highly questionable) it was untrue but becasue of how good a player he was (in my top 5 all time United players) we pretty much ignored it.

Unread 05-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
What's he complaining about United were paying him £100K per week for months after he left. Oh and he was shite in his last seasons with us and the main reason why we won £#%&! all.
%@#$&!s

He'd turn up for the Arsenal and Liverpool matches.

Unread 05-04-2008, 04:32 PM
koppas

Roy is my second favourite United player but I am getting £#%&!ed off with his rent-a-quote approach recently.

Unread 05-04-2008, 04:38 PM
magic_cantona

Agree with bits of most posts here.

I loved him as a player, and I've loved some of his actions on and off the pitch.Deffo in my top 5 United players.However..........

I hope his holier than thou complex comes to an end sharpish.Can't see it though.His 'some top, and I mean TOP managers, make me sick' rant was a direct dig at Alex and I thought it was revolting.

As a person, he and Eric are incomparable.

Unread 05-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Grimson

Whilst using this story to have a general pop at Roy, has anyone considered the possibility that what he is saying is how it actually happened? Or are you excusing it because he got his money off the club and wasn't playing well at the end?

Unread 05-04-2008, 04:46 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Whilst using this story to have a general pop at Roy, has anyone considered the possibility that what he is saying is how it actually happened? Or are you excusing it because he got his money off the club and wasn't playing well at the end?
why say it? it seems our roy is always saying something in the press. he was fond of opening his gob when he was playing.

Unread 05-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Father, father, its an outspoken footballer - what are we to do??

Unread 05-04-2008, 05:23 PM
sin65

Keanes mouth has the ability to cause arguments in our supporters as the Irish contingent will come out in support of him no matter what he says even though ironically it was a lot of them he was having go at with his prawn sandwich day tripping jibe. Thanks for that Roy another reason for abus to slag us off.

Keane was brilliant for us but he would've been for any big club he could've got big money and medals fom because of his professional ethics. He was never however a "red" in the same way Cantona, Giggs,Scholes, Neville,Crerand, Charlton etc are.

Unread 05-04-2008, 05:27 PM
BarryX

Default Loved Keane in the Shirt, but, nows he's not in one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
As a person, he and Eric are incomparable.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
What annoys me is the pettiness of bringing it up, 11 and half years,12 and a half years etc....really, so £#%&!ing what. What about the adoration of the fans he has/had, the mentoring and support of Sir Alex. The dig at Fergie was worse, mind, I mean, why bother Royston. Next thing we'll him knocking Mathew Taylor for high taackles

Unread 05-04-2008, 06:29 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
roy keane is very quick to give his opinions out in the press, why he needs to say this now is totally bamboozling.

He has faults, rejoining the irish squad after stating he couldn't play 2 games a week for us was bang out of order. He was a fantastic player for us, one of the best we've had but in his case i will say that he got more than enough back of the club for his services.

Let's face it, he was hardly hard done by by the club was he?

thanks for all you did Roy but can you now just shut the £#%&! up?
sums it up for me pretty much. i never had a problem with keane's comments about fans, clubs dumping players etc because he was making serious points about the game. i can't see the point here, though - it just sounds like generalised whinging from a player who was a great player but who you could hardly say ever put the team ahead of himself.

Unread 05-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Buckwheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
sums it up for me pretty much. i never had a problem with keane's comments about fans, clubs dumping players etc because he was making serious points about the game. i can't see the point here, though - it just sounds like generalised whinging from a player who was a great player but who you could hardly say ever put the team ahead of himself.
Juventus away 99

Unread 05-04-2008, 09:02 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckwheat
Juventus away 99
see, i've never really understood the thinking there. great performance - one of the best i've ever seen - but the suspension didn't have anything to do with it. i mean, what do you expect him to do? down tools and say '£#%&! you all'? a great performance, sure, but no element of sacrifice there as far as i can see.

compare that to ole. here's a guy who could well have got mightily £#%&!ed off at how few starts he got and yet was happy to play the role that he did for the good of the club. well paid and all that, of course, but he could have been as well or better paid elsewhere. but playing for manchester united, even from the bench, was more important to him than playing for somebody else in the first eleven.
Closed Thread