Unread 17-06-2017, 11:42 PM
dunk

https://instagram.com/p/BVc4x9lBw17/

Unread 18-06-2017, 05:42 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Much prefered Berbs tbh.
Regardless of how you view him as a human, I think there's little doubt that shoe-horning Berbatov into the team at the expense of Tevez was a mistake.

Unread 18-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Regardless of how you view him as a human, I think there's little doubt that shoe-horning Berbatov into the team at the expense of Tevez was a mistake.
In hindsight, no, but who knows how his contract situation would have played out. I think we've seen enough of his conduct since leaving us to indicate he may have been problematic regardless of Berbs arriving.

Unread 18-06-2017, 05:59 PM
believe

Quote:
In hindsight, no, but who knows how his contract situation would have played out. I think we've seen enough of his conduct since leaving us to indicate he may have been problematic regardless of Berbs arriving.
But "berbs" as made us regret the decision ever since.

Unread 18-06-2017, 06:01 PM
utd99

Quote:
His problem is that he was as thick as shit and easily manipulated, but what a player. We were a better all round team with a happy Tevez than Berbatov, and I think this was one of those examples of Fergie making his mind up about a player years earlier and not deviating until he had him. Berbatov had crazy skills but Tevez was a better player.

Unread 18-06-2017, 06:01 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
But "berbs" as made us regret the decision ever since.
Pardon?

Unread 18-06-2017, 06:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
His problem is that he was as thick as shit and easily manipulated, but what a player. We were a better all round team with a happy Tevez than Berbatov, and I think this was one of those examples of Fergie making his mind up about a player years earlier and not deviating until he had him. Berbatov had crazy skills but Tevez was a better player.
Agree with that but as Billy says it probably wouldn't have been long before Tevez threw a wobbly. Although under the master man manager in Fergie maybe it would never have happened. Either way, I think he's admitted since that he sees it as an error.

Berbatov was a bizarre signing. Fergie went off him very quickly, as if surprised at the player/personality he got. I have no idea why.

Unread 18-06-2017, 06:40 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Agree with that but as Billy says it probably wouldn't have been long before Tevez threw a wobbly. Although under the master man manager in Fergie maybe it would never have happened. Either way, I think he's admitted since that he sees it as an error.

Berbatov was a bizarre signing. Fergie went off him very quickly, as if surprised at the player/personality he got. I have no idea why.
He didn't have the work ethic to be a United player under Fergie. Tevez on the other hand was probably the biggest grafter in any game he ever played prior to throwing a wobbly at City. He put them on the map more than any other player in the Mansoor early days, and we could have kept him for a fraction of what they paid.

Unread 18-06-2017, 06:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He didn't have the work ethic to be a United player under Fergie. Tevez on the other hand was probably the biggest grafter in any game he ever played prior to throwing a wobbly at City. He put them on the map more than any other player in the Mansoor early days, and we could have kept him for a fraction of what they paid.
Think there was also a suggestion that Fergie just didn't take to his style off the pitch either. Just don't get how this could be a surprise

Unread 18-06-2017, 06:48 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Think there was also a suggestion that Fergie just didn't take to his style off the pitch either. Just don't get how this could be a surprise
Probably one of his biggest weaknesses over the years was being blinded by admiration for players who had torn us apart previously.

Unread 16-01-2018, 12:15 PM
Pop

If they were daft enough to pay the @#%&! that kind of money, hats off to him I suppose...

Carlos Tevez dubs his £650,000-a-week stint in China as a 'holiday for seven months' after returning to boyhood club Boca Juniors.

After being on an annual salary of £34million, the striker decided he had made enough money to return to his boyhood club Boca Juniors.

He even admitted: 'When I landed in China, I wanted to return to Boca.

'It's fine for the Shanghai coach and president to criticise me, I didn't know what I was doing there.'

Unread 16-01-2018, 12:19 PM
Whip Hubley

Talking

I can't help but admire him for that.

He must have top advisers though, because he's a properly thick bastard. We did some work at the place he rented in Alderley Edge. The management company got a call one day that his quarter mile driveway had flooded. Obviously they were

Turns out he'd turn up the swimming pool heat to max trying to create some kind of super sized hot tub. Blew all the seals so the entire contents went running down the drive.

Unread 16-01-2018, 12:31 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
This. He was £#%&!inng shit in that 2nd season as well.
I thought the same. Didn't think he was that big of a loss tbh. Never bought into the Fergie sign him up chants.

Thought he was bang average second season. Wasn't willing to fight for a place in the team which probably made Fergies mind up more than anything else.

Unread 16-01-2018, 12:34 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

He must have top advisers though, because he's a properly thick bastard. We did some work at the place he rented in Alderley Edge. The management company got a call one day that his quarter mile driveway had flooded. Obviously they were

Turns out he'd turn up the swimming pool heat to max trying to create some kind of super sized hot tub. Blew all the seals so the entire contents went running down the drive.

Saw him at Manc airport once waiting with his family, some berties came up all star struck asking for photos and he looked at them like they were turds, shook his head and walked off. Then this other bloke shouted 'that's what he thinks of you lads'.

It was brilliant tbh.

Unread 16-01-2018, 12:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

Footballers are all shockingly thick @#%&!s tbh

Unread 16-01-2018, 12:36 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Saw him at Manc airport once waiting with his family, some berties came up all star struck asking for photos and he looked at them like they were turds, shook his head and walked off. Then this other bloke shouted 'that's what he thinks of you lads'.

It was brilliant tbh.
Did he go right up in your estimation after that?

Unread 16-01-2018, 12:37 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Did he go right up in your estimation after that?
He went right up in my estimation after that.
Closed Thread