United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 05-01-2024, 02:48 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
But (only) 2bn euros in profit (approximately).

They've not got billions to waste for example; we're not going to do what city have done and just plough through players until the manager finds one he wants.

Point being the budget isn't unlimited, but as we all know that's not an issue providing the proper persons and structure is implemented throughout the footballing infrastructure. It's not too late to 'rescue' the club but they have to act reasonably quickly and effectively imo.
It was more in terms of the idea of it not being likely that he's buying into the club as some sort of money making venture, as well as the ability to acquire more of the club in the future if the opportunity arises.

I don't expect them to pump billions into the club and do a City, we're only hamstrung by FFP now because of how badly we've spent the money the club generates previously. With some proper management of how the money is invested then no-one should need to be pumping billions into the club. And if we reach a point where clubs needs to have billions pumped in externally then the games £#%&!ed anyway so what does it matter.

Unread 06-01-2024, 05:23 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
I'd rather they didn't just throw money in; that's been part of the disaster. We need a clear and coherent strategy with competent people running the show.

Identify the extraordinary talent worthy of playing for Manchester United - develop it or buy it. Hungry players, not those looking for a pay day. The draw of playing in front of 70k crowds at home for a club with an incredible history.

With our muscles and name it won't take long to rise back up once we get a structure in place. Shifting the dead wood has started - need to keep our nerve and carry on.
Hopefully we get a clearer idea of their strategy when they get that verification from Premier League. I still believe we will appoint an experienced Sporting Director even if it's not Ashworth (top target).

Unread 16-01-2024, 02:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Of course they did

Unread 16-01-2024, 05:49 PM
Dacter

So, not only did United pay for the Glazers to buy the club, it's also paid for them to sell off a part of it?

God Tier grifters these lot.

Unread 17-01-2024, 04:10 PM
Ethers

He really was the fake sheikh

Unread 18-01-2024, 07:02 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yeah now I can see where the talk of doubts around the validity of his funds was coming from

Unread 18-01-2024, 10:29 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
Yeah now I can see where the talk of doubts around the validity of his funds was coming from
Yep. Proof, if ever there was.

Still, hoping Sir James is intent on being the man that rescued the reds from corporate greed etc and can go to his grave, happy in the knowledge he acted, in accordance doing what previous owners before Edwards did.

Would be a real “legacy” … and not the cheap use of the term our current owners understand

Unread 18-01-2024, 01:13 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26
I don't think the Glazers could give a flying £#%&! about the validity of his funds.

If he'd come up with £10bn in readies, they would have been all over him.

And I don't believe that Qatar were short of the sort of the sort of money that Jim has. come up with.

I have plenty of doubts about the Qatari ownership, but I don't believe a shortage of "legitimate" money is one of them.

Unread 14-03-2024, 11:52 AM
Chris Quayd

Sir has just cleared £120m of debt on top of the infrastructure investment he agreed to pump in