Unread 26-09-2018, 07:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Depressing read from one of the few journos I have a lot respect for

https://www.theguardian.com/football...er-united-mood

Jose has to go while the season is still salvageable
If Pogba wants to go then £#%&! him off in Jan
Jose will be gone by the beginning of december.

Our fixtures in November are:
Bournemouth away
Juventus away
City away
Palace home

I reckon that'll do for him.

Unread 26-09-2018, 07:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Bournemouth away
Juventus away
City away
Palace home

Unread 26-09-2018, 07:30 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:

Bournemouth away
Juventus away
City away
Palace home

Either Ronaldo or Guardiola is going to finish him off.

I’ll still be shocked if he makes November mind you.

Unread 27-09-2018, 01:43 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
ZIdane would because the players would instantly respect him and want to play for him.

Fact.
Until he doesn’t indulge them or tell them to do something they dont want to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I’m sure the players respected Van Gaal and Mourinho when they were appointed tbf. Zidane isn’t getting the likes of Fellaini, Lukaku, Jones, Smalling etc etc playing great football.

We’re at a cross roads, we need a complete overhaul and it’ll take quite a few years to get back to where we should be imo. Or we just go from manager to manager with no clear plan throwing millions and millions at this half arsed attempt at a squad rebuild.

Get a director of football in place and hire a manager that shares the same philosophies should be the starting point.

Yep.

We’re £#%&!ed in other words
We, the fans are. The Glazers and Woodward are doing very well and perfectly happy, tyvm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
That's precisely why we need to sack him.

He won't walk. He £#%&!ing should've done but he's a winner (on a massive wedge).
That Woodward gave him a few months ago, before then £#%&!ing him over a few months later. Woodward is dreadful at managing the football side of the club. And if his record with transfer fees and wages is anything to go by, he’s also leaving millions on the table when negotiating commercial deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
What a £#%&!ing mess. Mou on his way out. Poggers looking like winning the little power struggle.
The fact a player can win a power struggle with a manager is the reason we won’t get any better unless those at the top of the club change their thinking.

Unread 27-09-2018, 02:07 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
The fact a player can win a power struggle with a manager is the reason we won’t get any better unless those at the top of the club change their thinking.
He would have more chance of winning the power struggle if he was getting a tune out of the rest of them. In modern football the manager is at a natural disadvantage due to the turnover rates, just about the only leverage he has is getting good results and we aren't getting them.

Unread 27-09-2018, 02:18 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
He would have more chance of winning the power struggle if he was getting a tune out of the rest of them. In modern football the manager is at a natural disadvantage due to the turnover rates, just about the only leverage he has is getting good results and we aren't getting them.
Nail on head. Players and managers fall out all the time. It's like pecking away at a wounded chicken for Pogba because the form, football and results are shit.

Unread 27-09-2018, 02:51 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Maybe they don't want to give him more money as he's signed some of the worst players we have?

Thats my hope.

We won't sack him until 4th is gone. I think he goes regardless of what he does this season, in the summer anyway.
1st season. 2 trophies.
2nd season. 2nd in league and fa cup final. Falls out with woodward’s commercial asset.
3rd season. A few games in after Woodward hangs him out to dry in the summer. Sack him.

Unread 27-09-2018, 02:53 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Sack him.
Finally some common sense

Unread 27-09-2018, 02:54 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Nah when he's bought another entire new team, or maybe the one after that, it'll work.
Nah, if Woodward hires another manager, or maybe the one after that, it’ll work.

The common factor in the last 5 years is Woodward. Almost onto his fourth manager. A banker running the football side of the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Finally some common sense
Would you like to explain woodward’s competence in giving a manager a new contract in January and then not supporting and undermining him in the next transfer window to the point the current dynamic has been created? A dynamic which allows a player woodward considers commercially important to openly have smug digs at his manager in public. This is the person you want to hire a new manager? The solution to our on pitch issues?

Woodward doesn’t give a shit about the style of football btw, which is most people’s reason to want mourinho sacked. It’s only about finance with Woodward, not football.

Unread 27-09-2018, 03:07 PM
Fat Al

Quote:

Bournemouth away
Juventus away
City away
Palace home

Lose on Sat & I reckon that’ll be him done.

Unread 27-09-2018, 03:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Nah, if Woodward hires another manager, or maybe the one after that, it’ll work.

The common factor in the last 5 years is Woodward. Almost onto his fourth manager. A banker running the football side of the club.

Would you like to explain woodward’s competence in giving a manager a new contract in January and then not supporting and undermining him in the next transfer window to the point the current dynamic has been created? A dynamic which allows a player woodward considers commercially important to openly have smug digs at his manager in public. This is the person you want to hire a new manager? The solution to our on pitch issues?

Woodward doesn’t give a shit about the style of football btw, which is most people’s reason to want mourinho sacked. It’s only about finance with Woodward, not football.
exactly. Some people seem to be forgetting that even though the manager is looking like he'll go, there's a far bigger issue here which is that Man Utd are a dreadfully run football club.

Unread 27-09-2018, 03:13 PM
waynes ear's

West Ham are 3/1 to win.

Unread 27-09-2018, 03:17 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
West Ham are 3/1 to win.
Printing money that.

Unread 27-09-2018, 03:22 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Nail on head. Players and managers fall out all the time. It's like pecking away at a wounded chicken for Pogba because the form, football and results are shit.
Plus the fact that Mourinho has done this at his last two clubs

Unread 27-09-2018, 03:26 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
exactly. Some people seem to be forgetting that even though the manager is looking like he'll go, there's a far bigger issue here which is that Man Utd are a dreadfully run football club.
Literally no-one is forgetting that. What are they supposed to do? Keep a manager who is almost certain to fail this year because the players and the board are also failing? Woodward isn't going to sack himself however if he had half a brain he would identify a manager that could get the most out of the players we had instead of going for the biggest name available.

Am looking forward to seeing how long it takes Zidane to realise he has made the biggest mistake of his career as he tries to get a first touch out of the likes of Fellaini and Lukaku.

Unread 27-09-2018, 03:29 PM
armchair

i am still raging at all this. team mou 100%

£#%&! that £#%&!ing £#%&!er

Unread 28-09-2018, 12:03 PM
Lok

I've made my mind up, it's time for Simeone.

Yes the football would still be dull but he'd get them functioning.

Can someone please tell Ed to get it sorted. TIA.

Unread 28-09-2018, 12:09 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I've made my mind up, it's time for Simeone.

Yes the football would still be dull but he'd get them functioning.

Can someone please tell Ed to get it sorted. TIA.

MORE dull football

just what we need

lets get back to being Man Utd

Unread 28-09-2018, 12:13 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Literally no-one is forgetting that. What are they supposed to do? Keep a manager who is almost certain to fail this year because the players and the board are also failing? Woodward isn't going to sack himself however if he had half a brain he would identify a manager that could get the most out of the players we had instead of going for the biggest name available.
What manager can get a tune out of players when the power lies with certain players because woodward considers them commercially important? May as well hire a guy from the pub and just tell him to babysit the egos and let the players do what they want, because that’s what a manager is reduced to within such a power dynamic.

Unread 28-09-2018, 12:36 PM
General Woundwort

Red face

Quote:
What manager can get a tune out of players when the power lies with certain players because woodward considers them commercially important? May as well hire a guy from the pub and just tell him to babysit the egos and let the players do what they want, because that’s what a manager is reduced to within such a power dynamic.
Do you honestly believe even half the tripe you come out with? No wonder you were so keen to believe the conspiracy shite around the Novichok poisoning.

We've got to the point now that any good signings are Mourinho signings (so none then) and any shit signings are either Woodward signings (tinfoil hat alert) or are being protected by Woodward because they're too commercially important to sell. It's utterly delirious. Batshit mental. And all because you can't bring yourself to accept that the manager is a shit hasbeen with an ego the size of several galaxies who plays revolting football and eventually falls out with practically everyone he comes into contact with.
Closed Thread