United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Would you rather win the FA Cup or finish 3rd?
FA Cup 40 76.92%
Third Place 12 23.08%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2023, 02:44 AM
Chris Quayd

Default Top 4 v FA Cup

Obviously we are going to finish 3rd and drill city at wembo but if someone told you only one of those two outcomes was guaranteed which would YOU prioritise?

Unread 08-05-2023, 03:11 AM
Stickman

FA Cup probably.

Could stop the treble, you get a memorable cup final win over City, owners are going anyway so could be a little more patient re champions league now.

Unread 08-05-2023, 03:31 AM
Denis Irwell

Tough one. Not sure I can stomach another Thursday/Sunday season

Unread 08-05-2023, 04:31 AM
Bunker Buster

Really tough one, first off....I love the poll...thanks Chris.

I also cannot stomach another Thursday Sunday season, also feel like not making champions league in Erik's rebuild curve could really damage us ...

Buuuuut

Stopping the treble, another cup....city battered up and down the M6 services.....

Can I wait till after the Madrid game ?

Unread 08-05-2023, 04:50 AM
shenwen

Jesus, no more Thursday nights and another hectic, over-demanding season ending in getting booted out of Europa in the K.O. stages.

We are a champions league club and that's where we need to be.

Like Bunks said, be nice to make that decision after the semis, but right now CL or bust.

Unread 08-05-2023, 07:55 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Balls to the 4th place cup. Get some silverware in the trophy room and beat city.

Absolute no brainer.

Unread 08-05-2023, 07:57 AM
Dr Stranger

4th. Vital to the rebuild. We can forget Kane or anyone like him without CL football.

Not beating City isn’t a massive failure. £#%&!in up top four from the position we’re in is.

Unread 08-05-2023, 11:13 AM
My Name is Heath

FA Cup

We are shite in Europe and I’d rather take a year in the Europa than be humiliated in the CL as we rebuild.

we don’t deserve to breathe the CL air after this season.

Stopping a City treble >>> Getting knocked out of the CL by FC Paella after some calamitous defending and wasted chances by us.

Unread 08-05-2023, 11:36 AM
Sparky***

don't think it works like this

Unread 08-05-2023, 11:59 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
don't think it works like this
cmon, play the game.

Unread 08-05-2023, 12:25 PM
marlo

the fact this is a poll is a measure of our miracle working “magician” of a manager.

had a 11 point and a game in hand lead of Liverpool 3 weeks ago.

Unread 08-05-2023, 12:29 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
the fact this is a poll is a measure of our miracle working “magician” of a manager.

had a 11 point and a game in hand lead of Liverpool 3 weeks ago.
Starting to think bald isn’t best after all

Mass trip to Istanbul for team hair transplants should be the Qataris first move.

Unread 08-05-2023, 12:48 PM
Denis Irwell

Looking at it from the other end, either 4th or the cup would still be a good outcome. It’s just the way we go about it. Then again, if we miss out on both it would be one big anti climax considering the promise shown after the new year. Newcastle are far from secure, though, having had a bit of a wobble. Dippers have the momentum and it’s up to us to gather a bit too, while we still have it to play for.

Unread 08-05-2023, 01:06 PM
Vedder

I can’t do another season of europa but it’s worth it if we beat those @#%&!s in a final and stop them winning a treble.

Unread 08-05-2023, 01:17 PM
Jethro

If you'd rather take the F.A. Cup over a top four finish and everything that brings then we're basically the new bitters.

Would buzz off the winning the cup nqat but if it's a choice it's the league finish all the way.

Unread 08-05-2023, 01:23 PM
Bunker Buster

I can't wait till Tuesday like a 'no fun' fraud

Voted.

C'mon Madrid

Unread 08-05-2023, 01:55 PM
NedKelly

Can’t do another season in Europa. Just can’t.

Unread 08-05-2023, 03:10 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Can’t do another season in Europa. Just can’t.
Neither could most of us, however Im a greedy bastard, as I also want, United to stop, cITY's Treble-dream , just as like The Doc's lads stopped the bindippers from making history back in 1977.

Unread 08-05-2023, 03:12 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
Neither could most of us, however Im a greedy bastard, as I also want, United to stop, cITY's Treble-dream , just as like The Doc's lads stopped the bindippers from making history back in 1977.
Pretty sure Gordon Hill played in that?!?

Pancho Pearson

Lou Macari

I remember watching it in Moston on the telly. Oh the happiness

Unread 08-05-2023, 03:12 PM
Medlock

Hate the Europa, but the idea of losing to city in a cup final ffs
Closed Thread