United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-01-2023, 12:05 AM
Sapien

We are a very good side now. Forward line looked pretty poor tonight. Wan B the best player on the pitch, Lazarus like return from the lad. Very disappointing last 15 given the Cas booking and equaliser. The The Scottish Player pen looked a clear pen to me at the time and the replay confirms this. Bugger.

Unread 19-01-2023, 12:11 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
We are a very good side now. Forward line looked pretty poor tonight. Wan B the best player on the pitch, Lazarus like return from the lad. Very disappointing last 15 given the Cas booking and equaliser. The The Scottish Player pen looked a clear pen to me at the time and the replay confirms this. Bugger.
You’ll never guess what. Jem who calls for multiple non fouls or half arsed ones against us all the time didn’t think it was a pen.

Unread 19-01-2023, 12:26 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
You’ll never guess what. Jem who calls for multiple non fouls or half arsed ones against us all the time didn’t think it was a pen.

#@&%! (him, not you etc).

Clear as day, £#%&!ing madness it wasn’t given by either the ref or VAR. @#%&!s.

Unread 19-01-2023, 12:31 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
#@&%! (him, not you etc).

Clear as day, £#%&!ing madness it wasn’t given by either the ref or VAR. @#%&!s.
Presumably the media will be banging on about the unfairness of it all for the next 3 days?

Unread 19-01-2023, 12:56 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Presumably the media will be banging on about the unfairness of it all for the next 3 days?
Matt Holland and the other commentator on the US coverage were so outraged that they took a vow of silence and refused to comment. Dignity was maintained in the post-match coverage where the pundits felt it was best to avoid the subject such was their ire with the injustice at hand.

Unread 19-01-2023, 03:15 AM
shenwen

That second half Did we even put two passes together. Was just surprised that they took so long to score. Could handle Casemiro's ban if we'd actually won the thing. £#%&!ing shambolic.

Mctonimay just brings chaos. And who was it on here said guaranteed we'd have a penalty turned down?

Unread 19-01-2023, 06:13 AM
thatsfuctit

Can’t remember us really working their keeper.

DDG made a couple of decent saves for us.

We didn’t do enough, appeared like we might just scrape the points , only to suffer a quick double kick to the nads.

Unread 19-01-2023, 07:09 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Arsenal couldn’t have had a bigger helping hand.

Us beating city
Fixture list has been kind to them (still to play big games so maybe not over)
Should’ve played midweek like United did. Didn’t.
Stonewall pen for United denied, though we should have put the game away
Now, Casemiro suspended
God knows what they’ll be gifted vs United

Definitely looked leggy, so, top 4 and a trophy? Would’ve snatched your hand off after first two games

Unread 19-01-2023, 08:23 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Arsenal couldn’t have had a bigger helping hand.

Us beating city
Fixture list has been kind to them (still to play big games so maybe not over)
Should’ve played midweek like United did. Didn’t.
Stonewall pen for United denied, though we should have put the game away
Now, Casemiro suspended
God knows what they’ll be gifted vs United

Definitely looked leggy, so, top 4 and a trophy? Would’ve snatched your hand off after first two games
The excitement of the derby made me greedy, but would definitely take that.
My biggest worry is that as Arsenal drop points (and they will), it'll be to city's advantage. But who knows? Already been an unpredictable season so far.

Unread 19-01-2023, 08:30 AM
MUFC One Love

We should have finished the game. Got to learn from it.

I think we have a good chance at Arsenal. They will fly at us, if we're good on the ball we will create chances.

Unread 19-01-2023, 09:13 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I said I wasn't sure it was, not that it wasn't. I don't know if the defender got a touch. I'd be happy to review the footage. however, The Scottish Player should just have shot. the first part of your comment is nonsense, too.

Unread 19-01-2023, 09:25 AM
dunk

Properly frustrated.

£#%&!ing amazes me how often players manage to pull out the best thing they'll ever do against United

Unread 19-01-2023, 09:38 AM
Stickman

Got a sinking feeling we’re due a sound beating on the weekend.

That late goal plus Casemiro out is a sledgehammer blow. Was as if Arsenal scored.

Unread 19-01-2023, 09:44 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Properly frustrated.

£#%&!ing amazes me how often players manage to pull out the best thing they'll ever do against United
Is he a red? proper muted 'celebration' given it was unfortunatley a superb free kick and how late it was in the game etc...

Unread 19-01-2023, 09:46 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Properly frustrated.

I always get rinsed by my mates for mentioning the ' United Cup Final' that goes on. But its 100% true. Teams play like men possessed against us, then go on losing streaks for 10 games. Shit players score and get MOTM against us, then you don't hear about them again until they're scoring for Darlington a few years later. It's always been a thing. Two words for you:

Malcolm Christie.

Unread 19-01-2023, 09:56 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Got a sinking feeling we’re due a sound beating on the weekend.

That late goal plus Casemiro out is a sledgehammer blow. Was as if Arsenal scored.

Alan Smith celebrated that yellow card like an Arsenal goal

Unread 19-01-2023, 09:57 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I always get rinsed by my mates for mentioning the ' United Cup Final' that goes on. But its 100% true. Teams play like men possessed against us, then go on losing streaks for 10 games. Shit players score and get MOTM against us, then you don't hear about them again until they're scoring for Darlington a few years later. It's always been a thing. Two words for you:

Malcolm Christie.
100% true, I'm still bitter about Dennis Bailey and the poor bastard's been dead for years

Unread 19-01-2023, 10:13 AM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
100% true, i'm still bitter about dennis bailey and the poor bastard's been dead for years
qpr?

Unread 19-01-2023, 10:19 AM
Parlabane

We need to have more composure in the final third, everything we do is at 100 mph where a more considered approach could pay dividends.

The amount of times we got into decent positions and then wasted it whether it be a poor ball into the box, trying to take on too many players or a speculative shot.

If we were more clinical / precise with our play whilst attacking we would have buried them

Unread 19-01-2023, 10:35 AM
Big Norm

Bit of perspective required here. We were a shit refereeing decision and last minute worldy away from going second in the league after a ridiculous schedule of fixtures.

If you'd said at the start of the season in mid January we'd be third in the league, 6 points clear of the team in 5th and have beaten City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs you would have been called a mentalist.

A push for the title is beyond us this season but a decent summer and more months under Ten Hag and we'll be up there.

On another note, Sky showed a stat last night that Ten Hag has never lost a league game in his career where his team have been leading at half time, which is incredible really.