United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Gaming

Unread 28-11-2018, 07:51 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
The Dreamcast was released twenty years ago today in Japan

Everybody was wanking in anticipation over the forthcoming PS2 and ignored it, now loads of those same cunts cry crocodile tears over its demise.

Still seething

Incredible system

Unread 28-11-2018, 08:42 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:

Everybody was wanking in anticipation over the forthcoming PS2 and ignored it, now loads of those same cunts cry crocodile tears over its demise.

Still seething

Borrowed my mates for about 6 months

Headhunter, Crazy Taxi (The Offspring), Jet Set Radio, Phantasy Star Online (never played it), Royal Rumble (one of the worst/weirdest wrestling games ever) and that daft boxing game (Ready 2 Rumble?).

It was alright, but no Gamecube.

Unread 28-11-2018, 11:23 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Borrowed my mates for about 6 months

Headhunter, Crazy Taxi (The Offspring), Jet Set Radio, Phantasy Star Online (never played it), Royal Rumble (one of the worst/weirdest wrestling games ever) and that daft boxing game (Ready 2 Rumble?).

It was alright, but no Gamecube.
Headhunter

I never got into like I should, but you're right, no gamecube

Unread 28-11-2018, 11:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Actually queued up for the Dreamcast on realease day, outside Dixon's.....

Unread 28-11-2018, 11:30 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

We never had a PC so it was the first access I had to the www, the dreamcast....

browsing the net on one of those gamepads. didn't even have a keyboard for a while.

Unread 29-11-2018, 09:47 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Got mine on the same day from toys r us in Preston

A very underrated games console and with the VGA interface(about 30 back then) connected to a PC monitor set the graphics to stunning 640 x 480p instead of the normal 320 x 240 IIRC
it was way ahead of its time plus it had all the good arcade games released on it .

Pity it never took off because future DC models would have been nice to see.

Quote:

Still seething

Just bagged a mint one on eBay today for a bit of retro

Now to get VS2(best footie game ever IMHO)and ready to rumble for starters

Last edited by Red Al; 30-11-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Unread 06-12-2018, 10:44 AM
dunk

still got my Dreamcast and tons of games and my GameCube, which I loved, at my Dad's.

PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4, Wii and WiiU in the house, an original XBOX set up at the missus' mums that I play occasionally (loved Munch's Oddysee) and an Amiga somewhere...

Unread 06-12-2018, 01:09 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
My turn....

Atari 2600/7800
Nes/master system
Gameboy/gamegear
Snes/Megadrive/Mega CD/32x/Neo Geo CD
Saturn/Playstation/N64
Gameboy Advance/SP/Micro/DS/3DS/PSP
Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox/Gamecube
Wii/PS3/Xbox360/WiiU
PS4/Switch

After the Dreamcast I mostly grew out of games despite buying a further ten or so consoles. PC aside, the Switch is the only one I've given any time to.
A man after my own heart buy a bunch of consoles then essentially use them as dust collectors.

Still want a 32X, CD32/CDTV and Jaguar but unlikely considering the outrageous prices on all of them. Hoping one day the retro market will crash and I can sweep up these for a more reasonable price

Unread 07-12-2018, 12:05 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
My turn....

Atari 2600/7800
Nes/master system
Gameboy/gamegear
Snes/Megadrive/Mega CD/32x/Neo Geo CD
Saturn/Playstation/N64
Gameboy Advance/SP/Micro/DS/3DS/PSP
Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox/Gamecube
Wii/PS3/Xbox360/WiiU
PS4/Switch

After the Dreamcast I mostly grew out of games despite buying a further ten or so consoles. PC aside, the Switch is the only one I've given any time to.
Still got my Spectrum, N64, PS2, and PS3. All of them work, PS3 is the only one to see recent service though.

Unread 07-12-2018, 07:32 AM
Lok

So it's a dick swinging contest you want? Consoles I've owned over the years:

Commodore: C64, Amiga 500, CDTV
Sega: Master System, MegaDrive, GameGear, 32x, MegaDrive II + Mega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
Nintendo: Gameboy color, 3 x NES, Famicom + Disk System, Super Famicom, SNES, Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, GBA, DS, 3DS, Wii, Switch
SNK: AES, Pocket Color
NEC: PC Engine
Atari: Lynx, Jaguar
Panasonic: 3DO ('twas shit)
Sony: Playstation - I then vowed to never own a Sony console again. Evil.
Microsoft: Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox 360s, Xbox One.

Plus a shit load of emulator handhelds (GP32X, Caanoo, Dingoo etc...)

Bold are the ones I still have. Pretty sure I've missed a few.

Most were sold when I was a broke student Genuinely gutted that I sold the AES. It's the one regret because I got it for a very good price before it was collectable and the prices now mean I'm unlikely to get one again as I only like stuff in mint condition.