United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-01-2022, 11:48 PM
Sparky***

Default Will Ralf get anyone in January?

Would be very odd to see an interim guy sign players in a window tbh... But i wouldn't be surprised to see at least two players go.

Unread 02-01-2022, 11:59 PM
Switching Off

Need about 6. Hopefully we get at least one.

Unread 03-01-2022, 12:01 AM
tatty

Disposals are almost as important as signings in this window.

Unread 03-01-2022, 12:01 AM
dunk

Nope.

Unread 03-01-2022, 12:02 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Would be very odd to see an interim guy sign players in a window tbh... But i wouldn't be surprised to see at least two players go.
It wouldn't be odd to sign a player if we are at the start of a planned restructure whereby Ralf is putting in the foundations of a project he will oversee and be instrumental in appointing the next head coach/manager to see it through at the playing level.

But it is utd, so don't hold your breath

Unread 03-01-2022, 12:16 AM
Drexl

I personally hope he goes nuts and gets six in.

But reckon we will get one - a midfielder

Unread 03-01-2022, 12:26 AM
Bunker Buster

One In

Two out

Unread 03-01-2022, 12:36 AM
92ToBury

He's here for the two years beyond the end of this season. There's therefore a different take to a normal temp appointment, where he'll be able to get players in who he knows will be suited to our new reich. About the earliest we've ever done summer transfers.

Unread 03-01-2022, 01:57 AM
Weekend Hussler

More important to get 3 or 4 out.

Whilst a couple of signing would be great, I reckon at best we get 2 loans in till the end of the season, probably from the Red Bull stable so I'll trow these out as possibles:

Tyler Adams
Amadou Haidara
Christopher Nkunku

Unread 03-01-2022, 07:13 AM
Bion

Disposable- pogba, martial, Lingard

New signings- None

Unread 03-01-2022, 07:48 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
Disposable- pogba, martial, Lingard
Could add a few to that

Unread 03-01-2022, 08:20 AM
redhegemony

I think he will get a couple even if short term - as he has shown with coaches he will bring people in for a fix. Might not be long term planning with big signings but people who can do what he wants for the second half of the season.

Could use the ones who want to leave as loan swaps.

Unread 03-01-2022, 08:27 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Ralf on Canvani:

Rangnick said: “We had a few conversations in the last couple of weeks – probably the player with whom I have spoken most. I told him from the first day that he is a highly important player. He is probably the only one who can play as a striker back to goal and face to goal.

I think we can take from that he doesn't give too many £#%&!s about miscreants like pogba, lingard and martial. Hopefully they are all gone by the end of the month and he signs a decent DM.

Unread 03-01-2022, 08:32 AM
NedKelly

Said it in the other thread but so far he’s only signed on till the end of the season - I can’t think of any other clubs who’ve made signings under interim managers.

Defensive mid is the priority but we need a top player, not just someone who’ll fill a gap because then it likely becomes another player we struggle to offload later on. Obviously anyone who knows what they’re talking about would happily wait for Rice in the summer.

Our second signing absolutely must be a centre back. If we can get rid of that joker Maguire in this window and bring in any half decent replacement it would be a wonderful window. Imagine never having to watch him insult our previous captains in the armband while he struggles to turn around and chase balls that he’s let bounce over his head.

Unread 03-01-2022, 09:01 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Said it in the other thread but so far he’s only signed on till the end of the season - I can’t think of any other clubs who’ve made signings under interim managers.

Defensive mid is the priority but we need a top player, not just someone who’ll fill a gap because then it likely becomes another player we struggle to offload later on. Obviously anyone who knows what they’re talking about would happily wait for Rice in the summer.

Our second signing absolutely must be a centre back. If we can get rid of that joker Maguire in this window and bring in any half decent replacement it would be a wonderful window. Imagine never having to watch him insult our previous captains in the armband while he struggles to turn around and chase balls that he’s let bounce over his head.
I can't think of any other club that has signed an interim manager with a follow on consultancy contract to assist with the restructuring of the club, so your point doesn't apply.

As for maguire going dream on......

Unread 03-01-2022, 09:04 AM
Mr_Ed

Think he’ll have to shift some before he can replace. So no.

Unread 03-01-2022, 09:05 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
I can't think of any other club that has signed an interim manager with a follow on consultancy contract to assist with the restructuring of the club, so your point doesn't apply.
We don’t even know what his “consultancy role” entails, but when we finish this window having made no signings then I’ll probably bump this so I can say “told you so”.

Unread 03-01-2022, 09:09 AM
waynes ear's

cant wait for the thread "Why didn't Ralf sign anyone in January?"

Unread 03-01-2022, 09:09 AM
Patty_b

We might sign a player. But don't think a signing at this point will completely change what will happen in the second half of the season. If our current squad continue to play like they have done for the majority of our games this season then it won't matter.

Getting rid of a few cling-ons would be a welcome start though.

Unread 03-01-2022, 09:14 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
We don’t even know what his “consultancy role” entails, but when we finish this window having made no signings then I’ll probably bump this so I can say “told you so”.
We may well not sign anyone but that won't give you a "I told you so" moment because your premise and reasoning is wrong. Broken clocks etc.
Closed Thread