Unread 12-12-2021, 09:09 AM
est.1878

Question Footballers' heart problems

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59625324

What's going on then

Unread 12-12-2021, 09:35 AM
AK14

I think we all know what’s going on

But If you say it out loud then you’re a conspiracy nut.

Unread 12-12-2021, 09:37 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Liverpool have got everyone else on the Red Bulls?

Unread 12-12-2021, 09:39 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Yep, you’re a selfish thicko conspiracy nutter if you even ask the question.

I’m sure someone will pull some stats out of their arse to prove this is all perfectly normal mind

Unread 12-12-2021, 10:14 AM
Mr_Ed

Shame she’s called Mindy but she’s documented a few of these. Probably because they’re playing more games these days (token response)

Unread 12-12-2021, 10:17 AM
marlo

hmmmm

Unread 12-12-2021, 10:18 AM
tonytash

You get the impression the players know, De gea hinted at it, Neville seems like he wants to speak out but he knows he can't, only the eccentric ones like Sinclair seem to be speaking out

Unread 12-12-2021, 10:20 AM
Dasilvatwins

It could be a number of things. Alot of them arent actually jabbed. They could be playing with covid. They could have had covid and are feeling the long term effects. It could be theyre practically playing nonstop for 2 years and its catching up on their body.

Its unwise to make guesses at best based on a handful of numbers. We have no idea who is jabbed, who hasnt had covid, what jab if any theyve had.

Billions of people have had the vaccine. The numbers would be much higher.

Le tissier is an idiot. How can you mention it could be the vaccine when there are so many different variables to account for. Unless theyve got actual evidence , which they havent. You shoudnt claim something in public unless you have hard evidence. Otherwise youre scaring the masses without reason.
Never mind there’s an actually worldwide pandemic with a virus that effects the respiratory system….

Would be interesting to know how many of them have had the jab/had covid.

Unread 12-12-2021, 10:29 AM
armchair

It's just stress about the lockdown.

Unread 12-12-2021, 10:33 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
It could be a number of things. Alot of them arent actually jabbed. They could be playing with covid. They could have had covid and are feeling the long term effects. It could be theyre practically playing nonstop for 2 years and its catching up on their body.

Its unwise to make guesses at best based on a handful of numbers. We have no idea who is jabbed, who hasnt had covid, what jab if any theyve had.

Billions of people have had the vaccine. The numbers would be much higher.

Le tissier is an idiot. How can you mention it could be the vaccine when there are so many different variables to account for. Unless theyve got actual evidence , which they havent. You shoudnt claim something in public unless you have hard evidence. Otherwise youre scaring the masses without reason.
Never mind there’s an actually worldwide pandemic with a virus that effects the respiratory system….

Would be interesting to know how many of them have had the jab/had covid.
Yes, god forbid anything is said in public that might scare the masses without reason.

Unread 12-12-2021, 10:35 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yes, god forbid anything is said in public that might scare the masses without reason.
Increases fear, reduces compliance. Nhs gets overwhelmed from new cases. You got to be careful. By all means it needs investigating incase there is a link, but to start saying in public without reason isn’t wise

Even if it’s found to have zero link once it’s out there it’s out there and scepticism will stay

Unread 12-12-2021, 10:38 AM
armchair

Well I was given a pamphlet that said:

Quote:
Very rare side effects
Very rarely, people may develop myocarditis and pericarditis after getting the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine. Myocarditis and pericarditis are inflammatory heart conditions.

They mostly happen within 14 days of getting the vaccine and are more likely to occur after the second dose.

Myocarditis
Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle. It was reported in around 1 in 1 million doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.

But the data we have so far shows that the risk of myocarditis is higher for boys and young men.

Based on data from the United States, the estimated risk is:

1 in 16,000 in boys aged 12 to 17
1 in 20,000 in young men aged 18 to 24
1 in 100,000 in girls aged 12 to 17

Pericarditis
Pericarditis is inflammation of the outer lining of the heart. It was reported in around 1 in 1 million doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.

The chance of developing these conditions is very low. But you should know the symptoms so that you can get urgent medical help if you need to.

Symptoms of myocarditis and pericarditis
Get urgent medical help if you get any of these symptoms in the weeks after the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine:

breathlessness
palpitations (a forceful heartbeat that may be irregular)
chest pain
https://www2.hse.ie/screening-and-va.../side-effects/

Unread 12-12-2021, 10:38 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Increases fear, reduces compliance. Nhs gets overwhelmed from new cases. You got to be careful. By all means it needs investigating incase there is a link, but to start saying in public without reason isn’t wise
Tbh I think everyone is already thinking it - I remember a few months ago you’d get shouted down as a conspiracy nut if you tried linking them, the other day my mild-mannered aunt who doesn’t do conspiracies was asking me what I thought of the heart issues among footballers, and do I think the virus or vaccine has contributed.

I think some people are scared to talk too openly about it because they’ve all lined up to have the vax and the possibility it might happen to them is too much, so they’d rather not talk about it at all.

Unread 12-12-2021, 10:39 AM
Patty_b

Dangerous nonsense. Weren't a few that have collapsed with chest problems unvaxed? Not sure how that squares with people who want to believe the vaccine is the main cause.

I think any issue like that is gaining much more attention after the Erikson thing at the world cup. I'm not sure a player in Norways second division collapsing on the pitch would have garnered anywhere near as much attention as it did last month if it wasn't for the fact that a player with the profile of Christian Erikson almost dying on the pitch infront of millions at the World Cup.

Unread 12-12-2021, 10:51 AM
est.1878

Number of times I rememver a player with a heart issue in the 90s when they smoked and drank like fishes = zero

Unread 12-12-2021, 10:57 AM
Drexl

All our lads play like they are on ket tbf

Unread 12-12-2021, 10:58 AM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Number of times I rememver a player with a heart issue in the 90s when they smoked and drank like fishes = zero
I don't think fishes smoke tbh.

Unread 12-12-2021, 10:59 AM
puressence

There’s a couple of the well known players who haven’t even been jabbed 👀👀👀

Unread 12-12-2021, 11:02 AM
measlyshark

The spike protein binds to the ace-2 receptor in endothelial cells. The heart has a lot of endothelial cells. When it binds you have a localised non specific immune response resulting in inflammation and these heart issues being discussed.

If you have the vaccine some protein will reach the heart and cause this.

If you have COVID, more virus/protein will escape the respiratory system and cause more of this response.

About 6x more.

So a footballer (and everyone) has two options.

1. Take the vaccine and risks the side effects.
2. Don't take the vaccine and risk catching COVID, with a risk factor of 6X of the first option.

I'd say the chance of not catching it is pretty low, so it's fairly dangerous.

It's likely exacerbated by footballers placing a lot of stress on the heart.

It's shit that this is happening but it's also shit that about 17.5 million people have died.

I'll try and remember to bookmark this for when I next have to explain the same £#%&!ing thing.....

Unread 12-12-2021, 11:28 AM
Bion

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
hmmmm
Too much gegenpress maybe ?
Closed Thread