United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-11-2021, 08:52 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
How long you planning on keeping this lame wum up?
pardon .. theres miles better out there miles .. be patient and bring a real manager over from ajax , hes the one .. put rudi garcia or valverde in charge till the summer then get a proper manager in and bring edwin with him .. the next manager is critical otherwise where all gonna be peddling the same shit in two years

Unread 25-11-2021, 09:05 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
pardon .. theres miles better out there miles .. be patient and bring a real manager over from ajax , hes the one .. put rudi garcia or valverde in charge till the summer then get a proper manager in and bring edwin with him .. the next manager is critical otherwise where all gonna be peddling the same shit in two years
Championship level manager eh

Unread 25-11-2021, 10:46 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Leonardo making a proper disjointed mess (i) of that team, no wonder Poc wants out. They really are nothing more than an upgrade on utd. Having a DOF with authority is one thing, but like anything, they have to be the real deal to make the difference.

PSG looked bang average outside of Mbappé and their defence. How much of that is on Poc?

Unread 25-11-2021, 10:57 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Leonardo making a proper disjointed mess (i) of that team, no wonder Poc wants out. They really are nothing more than an upgrade on utd. Having a DOF with authority is one thing, but like anything, they have to be the real deal to make the difference.

PSG looked bang average outside of Mbappé and their defence. How much of that is on Poc?
the fact that they thought tuchel wasn't good enough for them is convincing me to dismiss what ever happens there tbh. Neymar is the perfect rep for that shitebag club.
their league is the equivelant of jake paul boxing 12 yr olds.

it's the spuds time that I base my judgement on.

Unread 25-11-2021, 11:15 AM
Stickman

PSG is the type of club that needs a figure head over a manager to do the “nitty gritty”.

Zidane would be perfect for them as they’d respect him. What it comes down to there imo. Put the likes of he in charge of United though and it’s impotent.

Unread 25-11-2021, 11:18 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

it's the spuds time that I base my judgement on.
Agree that PSG is a basket case. That’s why the city situation is so infuriating. City have somehow had the foresight to create the right structure which can secure the right people to recruit the right players allowing the right coach to manage them.

What do you make of Poch’s time at spuds pal?

Unread 25-11-2021, 11:22 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
PSG is the type of club that needs a figure head over a manager to do the “nitty gritty”.

Zidane would be perfect for them as they’d respect him. What it comes down to there imo. Put the likes of he in charge of United though and it’s impotent.
It wouldn’t make a difference who they have because the outcome will always be the same. The gulf in terms of opposition they face weekly against what they come up against in the champions league will always catch them out at some point. They’re no different to the Celtic and Rangers teams of the last 30-40 years in that respect.

Unread 25-11-2021, 11:29 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
It wouldn’t make a difference who they have because the outcome will always be the same. The gulf in terms of opposition they face weekly against what they come up against in the champions league will always catch them out at some point. They’re no different to the Celtic and Rangers teams of the last 30-40 years in that respect.
Yep. Probably why Mbappe is desperate to get out tbh.

Unread 25-11-2021, 11:34 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yep. Probably why Mbappe is desperate to get out tbh.
Any striker worth his salt wouldn’t spend his best years there clocking up honors you wouldn’t wipe your arse with.

Unread 25-11-2021, 11:43 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Agree that PSG is a basket case. That’s why the city situation is so infuriating. City have somehow had the foresight to create the right structure which can secure the right people to recruit the right players allowing the right coach to manage them.

What do you make of Poch’s time at spuds pal?
did well, respected what he did for them at the time but felt like they bottled it in 2016.
Didn't see the CL final against the dippers but from what I gather they weren't really in that game.

there's a big open question there.

but then again klopp was famous for losing finals once, so there is a chance he could come good.

Unread 25-11-2021, 11:46 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
France does have some good teams tbh

Lyon put City out of the Covid champions league not so long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
did well, respected what he did for them at the time but felt like they bottled it in 2016.
Didn't see the CL final against the dippers but from what I gather they weren't really in that game.

there's a big open question there.

but then again klopp was famous for losing finals once, so there is a chance he could come good.
That and the fact Liverpool we’re miles better than Spurs at that point in time.

Unread 25-11-2021, 12:12 PM
ZiggyStardust

I wouldn’t give much praise to Poch if he won the CL this season with PSG as it would only be due to the talent of the players as you can’t as a manager actually coach them

Conversely I can’t give Poch much criticism if he fails with PSG in CL this season for the same reason

Much like with Tuchel you can’t judge a head coach based off what he does (or is allowed to do) there
Closed Thread