United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:18 AM
dunk

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:36 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
They don't want to be out on that pitch and it shows. A decent 20 minute spell in a match constitutes a good performance for us and if league positions were handed out for effort, gameplan or excitement we'd do well to stay up. It's a top 6 squad with a bottom 6 mentality.

No idea where we go from here but even if we managed a clear out I wouldn't have any faith things would change. LVG hacked at the squad and Ole also shifted out a fair few shit@#%&!s and we're back to where we started. The culture goes beyond the dressing room, most of the players who have flopped with us would look a lot better individually if they played across town/down the East Lancs.
Jesus

Nearly 9 years from Fergie leaving and we’ve progressed less than an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping.

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:37 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

I would have enjoyed that once upon a time, but now that's about all we have. That and a very big steaming pile of shit........

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:53 AM
Hyman_Roth

Any united fan taking pleasure from scraping past a below par Villa whilst we looked like a div 4 pub team wants their head testing.

It’s the worst I’ve seen us in over 3 decades.

I guess Twitter knows no shame.

Unread 11-01-2022, 02:21 AM
Blomq15

I see this place is it’s usual happy self.

Unread 11-01-2022, 03:57 AM
Neo

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Any united fan taking pleasure from scraping past a below par Villa whilst we looked like a div 4 pub team wants their head testing.

Spot on. I honestly can’t remember it being this bad. We are utterly disgusting to watch, and struggle to do the very basics, like control a ball properly, or run with energy.

I actually dislike watching us. There’s probably not a single thing about watching us that I enjoy, other than Ronaldo. Given the money spent, how the £#%&! has it come to this?

Since the Spurs away game I honestly can’t think of a single attacking passage of play that I’ve buzzed off. The football is £#%&!ing putrid.

Unread 11-01-2022, 08:15 AM
Drexl

I actually enjoyed last night lads

A) We are shit and the squad is so imbalanced I don't believe there is a team in there in any configuration
B) It was a cup game, and it was open, and it was mostly goal mouthy, and for the first time in ages, I wasn't bored
C) I've uncoupled my brain from "support" mode to "HA! SEE?!"

Yes, I've reached the "acceptance" stage of the Kübler-Ross model

Unread 11-01-2022, 08:51 AM
Bion

This season is a right off, Good Luck whoever comes in next... be it Haag or Poch

Unread 11-01-2022, 09:11 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
This season is a right off, Good Luck whoever comes in next... be it Haag or Poch
ten Hag

Unread 11-01-2022, 10:47 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

I was thinking this last night - can’t reminder a period during my time supporting them that we were

A) this bad for so long (and so awful to watch)
B) so full of unlikeable players

We’re riddled with dross and £#%&!ers

Unread 11-01-2022, 10:50 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
I was thinking this last night - can’t reminder a period during my time supporting them that we were

A) this bad for so long (and so awful to watch)
B) so full of unlikeable players

We’re riddled with dross and £#%&!ers
What manager is going to want to willingly walk into that shitfest this summer?

Unread 11-01-2022, 11:18 AM
Buck

The quality of passing last night was horrific. Villa played some nice combination play and their two players Ramsey and McGinn in midfield were getting forward far too often and the lack of presence was summed up when their center back was allowed to carry the ball all the way to box and get a shot on target. Lot of improvement needed in terms of how we organise which is done on the training field but the total lack of confidence is right now the glaring issue. Players don't give the ball away when under no pressure as often as we did if morale was high. Greenwood's directness is one positive because he will always be a threat given a chance to run and the subs all did well in their limited time.

Unread 11-01-2022, 11:48 AM
redhegemony

Greenwood and Rashford took up much better positions out wide which stretched them but we didn't get the ball out quick enough. One horrific pass by The Scottish Player when Rashford in space sailed past him.

The real problem is the lack of control in the middle and the space we offer. Lindelof and Varane didn't see to push up enough.

Also too much shooting when other players in better positions - a bit panicky

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Greenwood and Rashford took up much better positions out wide which stretched them but we didn't get the ball out quick enough. One horrific pass by The Scottish Player when Rashford in space sailed past him.

The real problem is the lack of control in the middle and the space we offer. Lindelof and Varane didn't see to push up enough.

Also too much shooting when other players in better positions - a bit panicky
The root of all our problems for about 5 years now.

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:05 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The root of all our problems for about 5 years now.
We aren't proactive and we don't seem to read the play. Players wait for the ball to come into their space rather than moving to the ball and then another player filling their space.

Shaw is a prime candidate spends too much time being passive. He is either full on or stationary.

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:27 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

On top of everything else, another thing that bugged me was the general lack of any urgency or even movement every time degea got clean possession and looked to throw out/set someone off and no one, £#%&!ing no one, was moving or making a shape, giving him no options. Must have happened 10 times

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
On top of everything else, another thing that bugged me was the general lack of any urgency or even movement every time degea got clean possession and looked to throw out/set someone off and no one, £#%&!ing no one, was moving or making a shape, giving him no options. Must have happened 10 times
I was in the Stretty and many times there were runs on either side and DdG didn't move fast enough or release quickly/accurately. He looped a couple of throws that gave Villa ample time to close down. Dalot was on his own in acres throughout the first half and the ball always went 6 yards to Varane/Lindelof for 2/3 pointless touches before finding it's way to Dalot/Shaw, now in less space.

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:34 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
We aren't proactive and we don't seem to read the play. Players wait for the ball to come into their space rather than moving to the ball and then another player filling their space.

Shaw is a prime candidate spends too much time being passive. He is either full on or stationary.
Rangnick is here to lay some foundations of a proactive style of play. He won't be manager long enough to fully implement it but the next manager joining in the summer should benefit from this six month tenure. People can scoff at the pedigree of the coaching appointments and I would expect some first team players to look at them and think it is beneath them to be coached by guys from the MLS. But we hired Rangnick to go down a different route of football that other top clubs have been doing for years so you have to trust his judgement on this. Young players like Elanga who will run through brick walls to make it at United should get more opportunities because they are certain to follow the instructions.

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
What manager is going to want to willingly walk into that shitfest this summer?
one who wants to prove himself, rather than simply spend money.

Unread 11-01-2022, 12:41 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Rangnick is here to lay some foundations of a proactive style of play. He won't be manager long enough to fully implement it but the next manager joining in the summer should benefit from this six month tenure. People can scoff at the pedigree of the coaching appointments and I would expect some first team players to look at them and think it is beneath them to be coached by guys from the MLS. But we hired Rangnick to go down a different route of football that other top clubs have been doing for years so you have to trust his judgement on this. Young players like Elanga who will run through brick walls to make it at United should get more opportunities because they are certain to follow the instructions.
Agree with all of that. Especially Elanga