United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-01-2022, 12:22 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Inept transfer business. He's gone on record saying he didn't get anything like his first choice players at any point. There's no way he wanted Falcao, Rojo, Di Maria etc. just rank bad decisions based on who agents said were available imo. Not absolving him btw, he still agreed to them arriving to some degree.
Could be. But then the same for all the other clowns we've had managing us. Even now. I thought that post-Woodward Ralf would be given a free rein. Not looking that way though.

Unread 05-01-2022, 12:37 PM
Dasilvatwins

Need to go full LVG.

Pogba , martial, lingard, cavani , VDB will all realistically leave by the summer.

Stick Bailey , VDB , mata in that and the clear out starts .

Go full LVG right. So, if these guys are throwing hissy fits play the academy. Enough about this mls coaches not being good enough. He’s been here for a week. WhT have the majority of these £#%&!ers won? A europa league 3 seasons ago?!

You cannot blame it on the manager or staff. They’re clearly not following instructions. First 20 mins vs place looked like a different team. If players are showing dissent then £#%&! them off . Absolutely sick of Man Utd being bent over by everyone , including our own board and players.

RR gets back 200% , even more so if he rips it up completely and goes public with it calling out players

Unread 05-01-2022, 12:37 PM
AK14

Likes of Martial and Pogba should have been £#%&!ed off years and years ago

Instead they (and others) have been allowed to poison the rest of them.

Unread 05-01-2022, 12:40 PM
Buck

If these players are unhappy with Rangnick already even though he has only been in charge six weeks how would they have got to grips to having a manager like Conte ruling with an iron fist? These reports make them sound extremely fragile and unmanageable. Or is it the case it is not actually the training and the methods they are unhappy with but just the fact they don't think Rangnick and these coaches are 'worthy' of them so they don't treat him seriously but if Conte were here they would fall in line immediately?

Unread 05-01-2022, 12:41 PM
Dasilvatwins

I don’t care if RR has some tramp off the street. As Keane said the motivation to play for Manchester United comes from within. I get the managers can prove that extra motivation in the big cup games and bit matches. But against wolves if you’re not motivated that’s on you.

£#%&!ing sick off the lot of them

Unread 05-01-2022, 12:41 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Need to go full LVG.

Pogba , martial, lingard, cavani , VDB will all realistically leave by the summer.

Stick Bailey , VDB , mata in that and the clear out starts .

Go full LVG right. So, if these guys are throwing hissy fits play the academy. Enough about this mls coaches not being good enough. He’s been here for a week. WhT have the majority of these £#%&!ers won? A europa league 3 seasons ago?!

You cannot blame it on the manager or staff. They’re clearly not following instructions. First 20 mins vs place looked like a different team. If players are showing dissent then £#%&! them off . Absolutely sick of Man Utd being bent over by everyone , including our own board and players.

RR gets back 200% , even more so if he rips it up completely and goes public with it calling out players
I don't want him calling out players and having public spats - a nice clean 'we decided it was better for A/B/C/D/E/F/G/H to go' or 'he was looking for a new challenge. Go about it quietly and efficiently.

Unread 05-01-2022, 12:47 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
I don't want him calling out players and having public spats - a nice clean 'we decided it was better for A/B/C/D/E/F/G/H to go' or 'he was looking for a new challenge. Go about it quietly and efficiently.

Unread 05-01-2022, 12:53 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
That's probably the professional way of doing it, but £#%&! the job lot of them. Call the @#%&!s out for what they are - @#%&!s.

Can only imagine he's filled with regret at taking this job on tbh. We are an absolute mess.

Unread 05-01-2022, 01:01 PM
Chris Quayd

I don’t want to be impertinent as we bin half the squad but isn’t there a bit of a flaw if no-one wants them? Can’t imagine they’ll be lining up to take underperforming players with a terrible attitude on astronomical wages.

Unread 05-01-2022, 01:02 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Probably is the right way. I’m still pissed off at them. The thing is if it isn’t done publicly the ones that stay will just continue to hide behind the manager when he leaves in 6 months.

Someone posted a video the other day which was a guy saying words to the effect of , “ get paid millions, have the best health care, get to wear thousands of pounds worth of equipment, stay in 5 star hotels before any game, play football as a Job , bed any girl they want, get 5-6 weeks off in the summer. Get to play in the biggest and best stadiums in the world, get to practice and train football with their friends and these £#%&!ers can’t even control a 5 yard ball, pass it 10 yards and want to throw the manager under the bus after 37…..37! Days of which 10 we had covid “

Absolute shit@#%&!s , I want them to be named in public, I don’t care, performances can’t get worse we are a sitting duck, an easy win for any team who tries a little bit against us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
I don’t want to be impertinent as we bin half the squad but isn’t there a bit of a flaw if no-one wants them? Can’t imagine they’ll be lining up to take underperforming players with a terrible attitude on astronomical wages.
Pogba lingard cavani , mata can leave on a free in the summer

Martial VDB Bailey Henderson can be floated around. I’m sure atleast three of them have said something in public about wanting to play for another team

There’s 8 shit @#%&!s leaving already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
That's probably the professional way of doing it, but £#%&! the job lot of them. Call the @#%&!s out for what they are - @#%&!s.

Can only imagine he's filled with regret at taking this job on tbh. We are an absolute mess.
I genuinely feel sorry for him. As if it’s such a big ask for 100k a week plus footballers to play a different system and try. If they were playing his way and failing, there is a case against RR,

They’re not pressing (something he wants) they’re misplacing 5-10yard passes (something he wouldn’t ) he has come out in public and said they’re not being physical enough and winning the second ball and putting their bodies on the line.

It takes Phil Jones to show just how shit everyone else is when he was the only one sporting and running to clear a ball. How can you blame the manager after 37 days when the players aren’t even following what he wants.

Unread 05-01-2022, 01:36 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

I'd like to think he knew exactly what he was taking on, he will have talked to Ole, Carrick and Fletcher, and this is the outcome. He's on their case. If the mirror said as many as 11 it probably means 6 or 7: Martial, Lingaard, Bailly, Henderson, DvdB, Cavani, Pogba.

3 looking over their shoulders AWB, Shaw, Maguire.

Unread 05-01-2022, 01:37 PM
Bion

The struggles of United frontline

SPOT ON

Unread 05-01-2022, 01:42 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
The struggles of United frontline

https://twitter.com/MUFCMarceI/statu...923063808?s=20

SPOT ON
Bruno has been like this since Jan. I don’t buy this nonsense Ronaldo takes away. He might be the focal point but if you’re a great player who can shine wherever. It’s too easy and sums up our clubs nobody wants accountability, it’s always someone else’s fault

Unread 05-01-2022, 01:57 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Bruno has been like this since Jan. I don’t buy this nonsense Ronaldo takes away. He might be the focal point but if you’re a great player who can shine wherever. It’s too easy and sums up our clubs nobody wants accountability, it’s always someone else’s fault
Yeah but XGs are down mate. It's killing us.

Ronaldo definitely makes players worse. Got to wonder how he won three CLs for Madrid surrounded by such terrible players.

BTW, who are the people on the video?

Unread 05-01-2022, 02:04 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
He’s playing poorly atm but no one is going to thrive in this system with those players. Phil Jones stood head and shoulders above some of them the other day - Phil Jones ffs.

This is a pivotal moment for the club imo - they’ve got two options: they either give in to the players who are suddenly ‘unhappy to be here’ and let them rule the roost, or they strip things down, take the hit on some players leaving and work long term to building a successful club that brings in revenue by actually winning things.

What they do next will probably dictate how I view the club going forward as a fan. I know I’m just one person but I don’t think they’d get a penny out of me again if they give Pogba an extension, for example.

Unread 05-01-2022, 02:26 PM
Bion

Quote:
Love Ronaldo but it’s facts.

His movement off the ball ?

What else does he offer besides goals or when he doesn't score ?
It's like playing with ten men at times

His involvement in pressing ?

His number of touches ?

And had we bought a proper CDM
in the summer, we wouldn't have gone for CR7
And we wouldn't be discussing him at all

Unread 05-01-2022, 02:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I don’t care if RR has some tramp off the street. As Keane said the motivation to play for Manchester United comes from within. I get the managers can prove that extra motivation in the big cup games and bit matches. But against wolves if you’re not motivated that’s on you.

£#%&!ing sick off the lot of them
Exactly, lets not forget this lot had Ole completely exasperated by the end as well. Time after time having to come out and sheepishly explain why this bunch of very expensively assembled footballers play like a pub team every week. They're a disgrace tbh.

I don't care what they think about Ronaldo, or "cliques" in the training ground. I mean for £#%&!'s sake, where's your professional pride you bunch of rats? Do they honestly think they're SO good that if they decide to leave manchester United they'll have a raft of Europe's elite clubs clambering to sign them and pay them wages on a par with what they're getting here? My god, they're on a different planet.

This is it, though. We've reached a fork in the road in this chapter of manchester united's history. The dynamic of power in this club has to be wrestled back from the players and into the hands of the managers/coaches. This cannot be allowed to continue.

Unread 05-01-2022, 03:02 PM
jem

Quote:
you might not buy it. other opinions are available. maybe ronaldo could be a great player who does more than £#%&! all.

Unread 05-01-2022, 03:12 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Yep, crash and burn is good all round.

I genuinely would like us to go down as it would get rid of the glazers and we might then hopefully be able to properly re-structure the club. We’re treading water and will do as long as they’re there.
If you believe the only way out of our decline is to replace the owners then the next question is how does that happen?

Getting relegated is the only certain way of removing the Glazers.

And as for the players, years ago Fergie would have binned any toxic characters without a second thought, if they had somehow slipped through in the first place. Nowadays they are allowed to stay and fester, and rewarded with ever improved contracts regardless of performance.

And that is the Glazers fault.

Unread 05-01-2022, 04:58 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
Love Ronaldo but it’s facts.

His movement off the ball ?

What else does he offer besides goals or when he doesn't score ?
It's like playing with ten men at times

His involvement in pressing ?

His number of touches ?

And had we bought a proper CDM
in the summer, we wouldn't have gone for CR7
And we wouldn't be discussing him at all

The core issues on the pitch is that we our passing is poor. We aren’t physical enough and lose the ball too easy. The distribution to the forwards are poor (crossing from full backs)

Ronaldo hasn’t been great but he isn’t the problem. What do you want stick greenwood there and watch AWB balloon a cross or Fred or The Scottish Player fail to make a 10 yard pass forward? Perhaps greenwood or cavani or whoever comes in for Ronaldo can watch maguire lose the ball and gift a goal . Maybe watch any one of the wingers either side of him fail to dribble past a player to track back on his man.

As a CF in that position he is expected to hold up play, make run in behind and score goals. For the shitty service he gets he’s been doing the latter. Il repeat for the third time I don’t think he has been fantastic , but if the defence can’t defend and our midfield can’t pass and our wingers and full backs can’t cross by the time it gets to him he almost has to do something special to score.

Ronaldo hasn’t been great but he is not the problem of our team.
Closed Thread